Notices

ZC Starter? What ones will fit? & VSS Test and Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZC Starter? What ones will fit? & VSS Test and Removal?

alright i'm still a nubie at this. i've only had my crx for a short while and several things have gone bad. first off i have a 88 crx with a zc swap. i'm not excatly sure what year the engine is. and not sure what car a zc motor comes from. from what i've read it comes from 2nd gen tegs.

first off starting problems. this problem is new. i think it may be my starter but i'm not sure, i'll you experts figure this one out. when i go to start the car it doesn't fire at all. i just hear a click from the starter. and the i wait a few minutes or keep turning it a few more times it finally fires and starts right up. the battery is not dead or going bad there is full charge. i asked my buddy about what the symptoms are with the starter and he said that he had the same thing with his car. he told me to tap on it a few time with a hammer and it'll turn over. and it worked for about a week or two. now it's getting worse. now it takes more than a few crank of the key to get it to turn over. any suggestions on this?

another problem just arrose yesterday, my speedometer and my odometer stopped working. from other posts that i have read many have said that it's my VSS.

the VSS on that motor is gear driven and it doesn't seem that there could be any way it could fail. but when i looked at it yesterday the cable that drives the gear wasn't spinning at all. any suggestions on what i should replace (cable or sensor)? any way i can test whether the sensor is working? my other question with the VSS is, how to i remove it from the transmission? i looked everywhere last night on the car and in the hayes manual and couldn't locate a 10mm bolt nor a c-clip that's suppose to be holding it in. it's driving me crazy trying to figure out how it's supposed to be removed.

hope anyone could help. thanks in advance!

Old 05-04-2005, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ZC Starter? What ones will fit? & VSS Test and Removal? (Nu_At_It_CRX)

anyone?