Notices

You can't have nice things

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: You can't have nice things

I feel your pain man, I had my car stripped in an apartment complex too (turboed 90 civic si w/b16) .. then they completely stole my daily (1991 hatch w/ b16). I now have a garage and have rebuilt the turbo hatch. Best of luck to you and I hope you do get back into it one day
Old 05-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn thieves, at least they left a lot of the expensive parts
Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Put alarm people!!! the one that doesn't have problem with distance and when it sound you always notice it... GSM/GPS alarm.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:01 PM
0x5359-0055

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 90civichbsi
had my car stripped in an apartment complex too (turboed 90 civic si w/b16) .. then they completely stole my daily (1991 hatch w/ b16).
In Austin!?!?
Old 05-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would re-build it seems like not much missing to get back on the road, these thing suck but at least ur car was not taken and found missing everything, good luck
Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That thing's clean too! Stupid thieves! Good luck with everything.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

look guy i know you're hurting from the theft, but since you're getting a storage unit to store the parts any ways why not just take the money you're spending on insurance for the car and put that towards storing your hatch in a secure storage place untill you have a better place to keep the hatch. it looks super clean, and on top of it its an si which imo is getting rare, alot of people chose the si first to build and thus alot have been wrecked or stripped or what not, leaving lame dx/stds on the market to be abused.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry fellas, it was just not in my heart to spend the money on it and I've got a business to protect so my money has to go where it can make me more and I can easily throw something together later. Next project is an AP2 in white with tan interior. Thanks for the support and sorry for the letdown. My loss is your gain though. Here is the link to where all my parts can be found. I stripped it down to the bare chassis this weekend.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...6#post45190516
There are a lot of parts so enjoy the pics, I have two pairs of doors, one pair complete and one missing door cards, and the list goes on......
Old 05-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is sad but why not sell it as shell? It wouldn't have taken much work to get it roadworthy again + it looks clean and rust-free

check for your stolen parts in craigslist
Old 05-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, also sorry to hear that happened...

my 90 crx si was just busted into a week ago, right in front of my place while i was up, and yet i did'nt hear a thing???, walked out in morning found drivers door open and glass all over the place, took 2 rockford fosgate amps, pioneer head unit and tore interior apart with wires strewn out into the road, cargo cover in road with gash in it....

actually i was pretty lucky now that i think about it, cause they left my 10" sub box, the 4 coaxial speakers, and did'nt damage the dash, seats, ignition or even attempt to steal the car!!, i did'nt have theft coverage so looking for a window now, so far found one $399, but too much, need to find cheaper one. i have an alarm on car but unfortunatley have'nt been arming it due to an electrical problem it has where it can leave my parking lights on, draining the battery.

i had a worse break-in in 1998 where all 4 yokohoma tires slashed, ****ed up dash & keyholes, took entire stereo system (amps, speakers, crossover, HU, subwoofer), took misc. things left in car as well, and that time i was up and heard the sound which sounded like fireworks cause it was 4th of July, and i went out and shined a light out garage window and looked around car, but reason i did'nt see anything is the thieves were hiding behind the sunshade i had up, ..............so it was'nt a firework like i thought and woke up to see car all messed up, and sucked cause they were real sneaky at breaking window quietly.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

some things i know to do in the future :

1) have a bright light that activates by motion-sensor when someone walks by outside your place, shining towards area where you park car.

2) have alarm system on car, or even those fake blinking alarm lights (everything helps)

3) have Head Unit with detachable face and take faceplate in with you every time

4) for a sub-box, mount your amplifier on the side of the sub box, and have handle on box, and set-up so you can disconnect whole sub-box & amp assembly as one unit and take inside with you everytime.

5) leave door speakers stock looking, and avoid any specially built speaker pods or housings, and usually they won't mess with them unless they look obviously like some expensive aftermarket component speakers etc...

6) take all loose items in with you everytime you leave car always lock your doors, roll your windows up, arm car and take faceplate in with you.

7) it helps to have tinted windows as well as some sort of cargo cover to cover sub-box whenever it is connected & in the car, and hide any loose valuable items you had with you to use that day, so people don't see and know about them, cause even if you take them in with you, if they are interested then they will bust in your place next!!, (thats another story, keeping your apartment/house secure to break-ins.......)

for some people out there, ..........try to draw a little less attention by keeping your car pretty stock-like in appearance, not like a car most consider in the "race" or "tuner" catagory.

have some stock OEM type wheels, no stickers showing race or car audio brands, no flashy bright colored paint job or big loud muffler that makes people pay attention,

you want to blend in with all the other cars more to keep from standing out like some lime green fast & furious sort of car would, because those are the ones that are targets for thieves when they are searching for their next hit.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sucks. Too bad another Si bites the dust but I understand and respect your decision.

Also maybe getting some stealies and just selling it as is, no hood just a tarp or something, would have been easier??

I should mention my Si was almost stolen about a month ago. F@ggots didn't take anything thankfully but they did try to kick start the car as it was found down the road unlocked. Seriously arent EFs too old to be popular theft cars. Go bug the EKs and DC2s you ****ing thieves.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To add to what crxaddikt said: Get a sunshade and get in the habit of putting it up, even at night. At night with tint and the sunshade up you can't see in the vehicle at all.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but remember, the sunshade kept me from catching the thieves in the act when my car was broken into in 98,
cause after hearing sound i went out to check on car w/ flashlight & everything seemed normal . . . . . .but really the theives were hiding right behind the sunshade, waiting for me to go back inside so they could continue !!!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

f**k thieves they are bun hole man i feel you dude but you should just keep that hatch dude and just give it time they will get theirs one day. I got my car stolen twice and they attempted to steal my parts from the dront of my house but **** im still triying to put it back on the road dude, just keep ur head up bring that sexy hatch back on the road good luck dude
Old 05-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading this thread, I feel pretty lucky to live in a rural state. I've grown up here and personally have never experienced a break in (I've owned quite a few nice vehicles that I've parked outside on a regular basis)... probably because every household out here owns an average of 5 guns.. plus we have a castle doctrine law in effect.. which basically gives you a lot more legal leeway pop a few shots at someone, so long as they are on your property. Makes for a pretty good deterrent to scummy people like thieves I think.

Anyway... sorry to hear of all these losses. The thought of someone messing up a classic honda in general boils my blood.

Last edited by crxguy406; 05-08-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

agreed. i mean, i'm in missouri, but some of these places...
although i have gotten my car broken into twice, once while i owned it once while my brother did. the first time they took the faceplate, and tried to take the radio as well but couldn't figure out how to take it out...i don't know if they were just pissed or just trying to take it out, but now my dash is pretty f'd up...
second time took my faceplate and wallet, which was FULL at the time, about to pay my dad back all the money i owed him...

at least i don't have to worry about it being stolen. my car stands out so much, they'd have to be a complete idiot to. plus everyone knows i'm the one that drives the orange honda, so if they saw someone else in it, people would be wondering.