Notices

WW Style Fiberglass rear bumper..

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WW Style Fiberglass rear bumper..

I did a search and couldnt find anything. I want to knock off a few lbs on my CRX and the rear bumper is catching my eye.

I'm looking for a fiberglass rear bumper with a good fit/ finish - is there such a thing?

JDM/Stock ***** need not reply and will be reported.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I want a CRX tattoed on my butt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WW Style Fiberglass rear bumper.. (2point2)

I got mine from a dealer in toronto, whole 6 piece kit cost me $800 cdn

I would definetely not be buying a $200 bumper plus paint and the time to install to save atmost 3 pounds

If you have the ww kit ( think you car does) Ive seen some guys cut off the metal under the door caps, dunno how much you save but theres a good bit of worthless **** under teh hood that can be removed
Old 12-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you mean the mugen rear bumper? its not wings west. but you can find the bumper here http://www.sensemotorsport.com
Old 12-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

actually if u want to save weight go for the jdm rear bumper support i believe.

also mmrusa.com has a fiberglass rear bumper that looks almost oem so you'll get that sleeper look sorta.

when i had my kit i got it from versus motorsports
Old 12-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WW Style Fiberglass rear bumper.. (2point2)

You can get the whole 6piece fiberglass ww/mugen copy off ebay for like $150-200 now days..I mean it doesnt fit as good as the uerathane kit,,But you can make it work and look nice with some prep..
Old 12-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ill take fiberglass over urathane any day, urathane doesnt fit perfect either, it weighs more and paint doesnt stick to it as well.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BiG Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BiG Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ill take fiberglass over urathane any day, urathane doesnt fit perfect either, it weighs more and paint doesnt stick to it as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

these are good points. urathane also looks more dull when painted.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WW Style Fiberglass rear bumper.. (CanadianMade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CanadianMade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got mine from a dealer in toronto, whole 6 piece kit cost me $800 cdn

I would definetely not be buying a $200 bumper plus paint and the time to install to save atmost 3 pounds

If you have the ww kit ( think you car does) Ive seen some guys cut off the metal under the door caps, dunno how much you save but theres a good bit of worthless **** under teh hood that can be removed</TD></TR></TABLE>

all the 'worthlesss ****' is long gone from my hood minus the stuff that keeps the MTO happy. it's more than 3 lbs as well.. i'd say 15-20.. compine that with a lightweight hatch and hood and you're at 100+lbs easily.

was it the bodykit warehouse?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BiG Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BiG Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you mean the mugen rear bumper? its not wings west. but you can find the bumper here http://www.sensemotorsport.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

anyone actually have this?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2point2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">these are good points. urathane also looks more dull when painted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

never had a problem with mine. its all in how you prep it. im kinda bias to urethane though as i rather not have something shatter due to other shitty drivers ya know? but tahts just me lol. as far as weight is concerned fiberglass is the way to go
Old 12-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beyondspecs_jamar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beyondspecs_jamar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">never had a problem with mine. its all in how you prep it. im kinda bias to urethane though as i rather not have something shatter due to other shitty drivers ya know? but tahts just me lol. as far as weight is concerned fiberglass is the way to go </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear ya... fiberglass isn't as forgiving when you hit something.. freeway stone chips are the enemy.

i dont drive my car much.. and i just got a new EF Civic that i'm quite happy with.. so the CRX will only see a few trips to work and some track time.

bump.