WRITE UP: How to convert your fuel lines and ugly filter to Stainless -6AN hoses

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WRITE UP: How to convert your fuel lines and ugly filter to Stainless -6AN hoses

I've been readin a bunch of threads i saw sum post some1 put here, i watched the tech video on anplumbing.com but i havent seen anyone do it like this... using the earls 3 piece thing with the olive that goes on the outlet from the fuel tank .... does it work or not... and just run hose from back there to avoid flaring and cuting ..... please help....
Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 PM

Default Re: WRITE UP: How to convert your fuel lines and ugly filter to Stainless -6AN hoses

Nice setup....im doing this asap....im tired of ****ing with my regular fuel lines....im just now starting my 91 si hatch project...and everytime i touch the fuel lines they crack or bust....and then i have to cut an fit tubing on it...then clamp it up...thats just for the time being tho while i get the D16 runnin right....but def doing this asap!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PBzAllan
I know this thread is old... Just wondering if that -4an return line is for a crx/ef? i dont want to use the clamps on the return, plan to flare the return line and use fittings.

Also.. where is that black with red tracer tubing from?

Bump for some good info.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know this thread is damb near dead... anybody helpful still roaming?!?!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do they make these already made?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Who the fack changed my title?!

and to think i JUST made a thread about this **** earlier!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TrackSpeedRacing
heres a picture of what i'll be using. still need the fitting that goes on the fuel rail.

Anyone know the part number or the description of the female to male fitting thats in this pic? It goes from the stock Flared fuel line to a -6 correct?
Old 11-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm at this point in my swap and have space issues that require me to eliminate the stock fuel lines and run AN Fittings. Do I have to remove that piece that's in the end of my fuel rail in order to use one of the above mentioned AN adapters?

Name:  utf-8BSU1HMDAyNjguanBn.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  43.5 KB
Old 11-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That looks like a GSR rail and that stud comes out.... Your going to need a -6 to 12mmx1.25 fitting earl part number 991945 as mentioned in the first page.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what fuel rail is this the blue one in these pictures. seem setup is easier with this fuel rail vs stock one. running mine off a sohc.. and also there was a pic of a black fuel rail too. if u could let me know where to find that thanks

Originally Posted by Chase
(Disclaimer: If you mess up/blow up ur car doing this. Its not my fault!!!! Im just here to show you how its done.)

ALL from ANplumbing: http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php? The sites easy to navigate so if you need anything else its easy to find.

Its very straight forward, just order all the fittings and install from top to bottom as i listed. You dont have to cut any stock hardlines or anything. This deletes all the stock banjo BS and just uses the stock tube nut.
Removal of the stock parts is easy too.
You just need your basic 8mm-19mm sockets and wrenches, screwdrivers, teflon tape, etc.
If you know how put the -AN hose ends on good then the whole removal/install should only take you an hour. For info on AN hose end install go here: http://www.anplumbing.com/SWIV....html

Heres a few general rules to go by as well: http://www.anplumbing.com/installation.html

No teflon tape needed. -AN fittings seal themselves via a internal 37degree(im pretty sure its 37) flare.

Basically u need to get a tubing cutter and a 37 degree flare tool...

Part # SUM-900311 37 degree flare tool kit - $31.95

and

Part # - SUM-900500 Mini tubing cutter - $5.95

Pull the stock fitting on the line back, as close as the stock flare as u can do it cut the line with the tubing cutter. Pull the stock fitting off and Slide the following on:

Part # - 581805 -5an Tube nut

TO

Part # - 581905 -5an Tube sleeve

Now flare the line on the 5/16ths setting and then pull the tube nut and sleeve up against the flare. Then thread in the:

Part # - 991907 -5an to -6an union

TO

Part # - 800106 - -6AN Swivel-Seal Straight Hose End - $5.50

TO

Part # - 403006 - 3ft of -6AN Stainless hose - $23.29 (you can just get one foot, but i got three so i could use it for the return line, and just use spectre AN-look hose clamps)

TO

another Part # - 800106 - -6AN Swivel-Seal Straight Hose End - $5.50

TO

This next step is open to w/e you want to use, i reccomend these for the price and filtering abilities. Buy some extra filter replacements and check it every 6 months or so.

FROM summitracing.com
Part # - RUS-650130 - -6AN Russell Competition Fuel Filter
Inline Mount, Blue, 40 Micron, -6 AN Male Inlet/ Outlet - $45.95

or from ANplumbing
Part # - 230106 - 35 Micron sintered bronze element, In-Line Fuel Filter. $26.16 (Even tho i gave you all the correct part number DONT get the 85 micron one. Thats a pre-filter or sumthin...)
Theres been alot of confusion about this Earls filter because of the misinformed people at some fitting stores(coughanplumbingcough) Maybe they just want u to buy their more expensive filter or sumthin. They say that its not for Fuel Injected cars and that your car will blow up or sum ****. ITS PERFECTLY FINE TO USE, i know MANY people that can vouch for it. SO even though the site says "Not recommended for EFI systems" it is still ok to use!!!! Misinformed peeps!

Also from ANplumbing:
Part # - FI-7507-AN - FI High PSI fuel filter. 40 micron. Black or Blue - $69.95

More options:

from jegs.com

Im prolly going to get this one soon, its like a lifetime cleanable element.

Billet Inline Fuel Housing uses a stainless steel screen elements that's made for a lifetime of cleaning. Super light housing uses removable end to service the cleanable element in seconds

Part # - 888-201406 - Pro Street Inline Fuel Filter -06 AN Ends - $89.99

The reason i got the russell is b/c someone knowledgeable told me it seems to stay clean longer than the Earls

(there is other options. I gave you all two nice and cost efficient filters, and one fairly expensive one, but its the best.. The inline fuel filter you use is up to you. Just get something 40 micron or less)

TO

Part # - 935106 - 90Deg. Tube Bent, -6AN Female to -6AN Female - $10.56

TO

This next step depends alll on the fuel rail you have. Im sure the stock thread pitch size is in the Haynes manual or sumthin. But if u dont have one the best thing to do is if its stock, pull the banjo stud thing out and measure the threads (if u have a tool for this) or just take it to lowes or an auto parts store and screw it in the the things they have there.(DONT quote me on this, but i think its 12mm x 1.25 Part # - 991945)
If its aftermarket....contact the maker of your fuel rail. Mine is a AEBS and its 14mmx1.5. So i bought a metric to an adapter for it.

Part # - 9919DFH - 14MM X 1.5 to -6AN Metric thread male to AN adapter male. - $7.53

OH also if you get that fitting above then dont forget a Crush washer or o ring. I used a oem honda crush washer that comes with the oil filters and a O ring i had around. The crush washer was against the fuel rail and then the o ring then the 14mmx1.5 to -6an fitting. It prolly didnt even need the o ring but i was bein safe

Then it goes to the fuel rail, then out the FPR.
For the FPR to return hard line i cut the extra -6 hose to fit, then wrapped then ends in electrical tape(important so it doesnt fray everywhere) then two of these:

Part # - SPE-2260 - Spectre Magna-Clamp Hose Clamps Red-Blue Anodized, 3/ 8 inch - $6.95 a pair

so $104.02 is the total with the Russell fuel filter and
$84.23 with the Earls filter.
and just add $6.95 with the return line hose clamps (gotta complete the look)

Finished Pics, runs good n such :

NEWPIC :

///newpic

__________________________________________________ _______________

Ok some of your stock tube fittings MAY look like this pic i took(from my RHD front clip)...If it does go to PAGE 4 to see what to do. Its the 6th or so post down by droppedcrxsi (pic taken by me)

Modified by EF8kid at 12:09 AM 5/30/2007 [IMG][/IMG]

Modified by EF8kid at 9:39 PM 11/14/2007
Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe a dumb question but if i were to purchase a skunk2 fuel rail would the last fitting (14MM X 1.5 to -6AN Metric thread male to AN adapter male) still work or would it require a different fitting.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gre8one7
maybe a dumb question but if i were to purchase a skunk2 fuel rail would the last fitting (14MM X 1.5 to -6AN Metric thread male to AN adapter male) still work or would it require a different fitting.
It would be specific to what Skunk2 has bored in their fuel rails
Old 06-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what did you do with the line that goes to the charcoal canister i see a hose hooked up , but is it just the hose or you have the canister hidden????

Originally Posted by Chase
(Disclaimer: If you mess up/blow up ur car doing this. Its not my fault!!!! Im just here to show you how its done.)

ALL from ANplumbing: http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php? The sites easy to navigate so if you need anything else its easy to find.

Its very straight forward, just order all the fittings and install from top to bottom as i listed. You dont have to cut any stock hardlines or anything. This deletes all the stock banjo BS and just uses the stock tube nut.
Removal of the stock parts is easy too.
You just need your basic 8mm-19mm sockets and wrenches, screwdrivers, teflon tape, etc.
If you know how put the -AN hose ends on good then the whole removal/install should only take you an hour. For info on AN hose end install go here: http://www.anplumbing.com/SWIV....html

Heres a few general rules to go by as well: http://www.anplumbing.com/installation.html

No teflon tape needed. -AN fittings seal themselves via a internal 37degree(im pretty sure its 37) flare.

Basically u need to get a tubing cutter and a 37 degree flare tool...

Part # SUM-900311 37 degree flare tool kit - $31.95

and

Part # - SUM-900500 Mini tubing cutter - $5.95

Pull the stock fitting on the line back, as close as the stock flare as u can do it cut the line with the tubing cutter. Pull the stock fitting off and Slide the following on:

Part # - 581805 -5an Tube nut

TO

Part # - 581905 -5an Tube sleeve

Now flare the line on the 5/16ths setting and then pull the tube nut and sleeve up against the flare. Then thread in the:

Part # - 991907 -5an to -6an union

TO

Part # - 800106 - -6AN Swivel-Seal Straight Hose End - $5.50

TO

Part # - 403006 - 3ft of -6AN Stainless hose - $23.29 (you can just get one foot, but i got three so i could use it for the return line, and just use spectre AN-look hose clamps)

TO

another Part # - 800106 - -6AN Swivel-Seal Straight Hose End - $5.50

TO

This next step is open to w/e you want to use, i reccomend these for the price and filtering abilities. Buy some extra filter replacements and check it every 6 months or so.

FROM summitracing.com
Part # - RUS-650130 - -6AN Russell Competition Fuel Filter
Inline Mount, Blue, 40 Micron, -6 AN Male Inlet/ Outlet - $45.95

or from ANplumbing
Part # - 230106 - 35 Micron sintered bronze element, In-Line Fuel Filter. $26.16 (Even tho i gave you all the correct part number DONT get the 85 micron one. Thats a pre-filter or sumthin...)
Theres been alot of confusion about this Earls filter because of the misinformed people at some fitting stores(coughanplumbingcough) Maybe they just want u to buy their more expensive filter or sumthin. They say that its not for Fuel Injected cars and that your car will blow up or sum ****. ITS PERFECTLY FINE TO USE, i know MANY people that can vouch for it. SO even though the site says "Not recommended for EFI systems" it is still ok to use!!!! Misinformed peeps!

Also from ANplumbing:
Part # - FI-7507-AN - FI High PSI fuel filter. 40 micron. Black or Blue - $69.95

More options:

from jegs.com

Im prolly going to get this one soon, its like a lifetime cleanable element.

Billet Inline Fuel Housing uses a stainless steel screen elements that's made for a lifetime of cleaning. Super light housing uses removable end to service the cleanable element in seconds

Part # - 888-201406 - Pro Street Inline Fuel Filter -06 AN Ends - $89.99

The reason i got the russell is b/c someone knowledgeable told me it seems to stay clean longer than the Earls

(there is other options. I gave you all two nice and cost efficient filters, and one fairly expensive one, but its the best.. The inline fuel filter you use is up to you. Just get something 40 micron or less)

TO

Part # - 935106 - 90Deg. Tube Bent, -6AN Female to -6AN Female - $10.56

TO

This next step depends alll on the fuel rail you have. Im sure the stock thread pitch size is in the Haynes manual or sumthin. But if u dont have one the best thing to do is if its stock, pull the banjo stud thing out and measure the threads (if u have a tool for this) or just take it to lowes or an auto parts store and screw it in the the things they have there.(DONT quote me on this, but i think its 12mm x 1.25 Part # - 991945)
If its aftermarket....contact the maker of your fuel rail. Mine is a AEBS and its 14mmx1.5. So i bought a metric to an adapter for it.

Part # - 9919DFH - 14MM X 1.5 to -6AN Metric thread male to AN adapter male. - $7.53

OH also if you get that fitting above then dont forget a Crush washer or o ring. I used a oem honda crush washer that comes with the oil filters and a O ring i had around. The crush washer was against the fuel rail and then the o ring then the 14mmx1.5 to -6an fitting. It prolly didnt even need the o ring but i was bein safe

Then it goes to the fuel rail, then out the FPR.
For the FPR to return hard line i cut the extra -6 hose to fit, then wrapped then ends in electrical tape(important so it doesnt fray everywhere) then two of these:

Part # - SPE-2260 - Spectre Magna-Clamp Hose Clamps Red-Blue Anodized, 3/ 8 inch - $6.95 a pair

so $104.02 is the total with the Russell fuel filter and
$84.23 with the Earls filter.
and just add $6.95 with the return line hose clamps (gotta complete the look)

Finished Pics, runs good n such :

NEWPIC :

///newpic

__________________________________________________ _______________

Ok some of your stock tube fittings MAY look like this pic i took(from my RHD front clip)...If it does go to PAGE 4 to see what to do. Its the 6th or so post down by droppedcrxsi (pic taken by me)

Modified by EF8kid at 12:09 AM 5/30/2007 [IMG][/IMG]

Modified by EF8kid at 9:39 PM 11/14/2007
Old 07-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what do i do if i have a barb on the hard line like this?Name:  07222009001.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  25.6 KB
Old 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i i ordered the last fitting that goes into the fuel rail. When i went to install it it seems to big and wont thread in...anyone else have this problem? I have a jdm b16
Old 08-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got this fitting unless someone has a legit reason why i shouldnt use it,,,then im going to...

Name:  fuelfitting1.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  10.0 KB
Old 08-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

got the inline fuel filter and fittings just in time to pull the engine!!!
Name:  79d6604e.jpg
Views: 4219
Size:  105.3 KB
Old 08-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone figure out how to eliminate the cutting and flaring? i assume there is an adapter fitting that will thread onto the stock fitting coming from the fire wall.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Trial User

This is alittle off topic but were did u get ur intake from
Old 08-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

shitty welds on intake, first with aluminum.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know this thread is old as Fvck.. And I'm years behind on this ****.. but I was looking on the AN site and noticed there isn't any -5 an fittings in black, only that blue and red thats being used? Any one know if they are available on other sites or something?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Stunna MIKE
I know this thread is old as Fvck.. And I'm years behind on this ****.. but I was looking on the AN site and noticed there isn't any -5 an fittings in black, only that blue and red thats being used? Any one know if they are available on other sites or something?
paint or powdercoat or re anodize the blue/red ones
Old 12-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

paint em
Old 12-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed an aftermarket fuel filter which has the same size connector as stock so I just threaded it onto the orig fuel line and voila it is done. Still trying to figure out what size the return fuel lines and the brake lines are to get the right double flaring tool. Do I need Metric or SAE? SAE does not quite fit correctly.

Help.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Trial User

where did you get that carbon fiber intake tube

Quick Reply: WRITE UP: How to convert your fuel lines and ugly filter to Stainless -6AN hoses