what's goin on...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's goin on...

yO...whatup.

god, it's been so long since i've been a new member to any forums, this is weird. but...here goes.

I just joined so i can learn a tad about the '89 DX hatch i picked up for nothing. as of now it's my daily driver while i build up my jetta project, as i'm naturally a VW guy at heart, but as the true curse of the enthusiest would have it, i need to make the thing go faster. the mini me seems to be a good option for me as i think i could do it in a weekend...been gathering more and more info from this place as the days go on.

been reading on here for a couple of days, decided to join and become part of what seems to be a really good board.

this is just an observation, but it seems as though most of you guys hate the nasty lookin honda's just as much as all the VW guys do on vwvortex.com .... i think it's kinda funny...anyways, here's a pic for ***** and giggles, and i'll see ya 'round.

ps: the spoiler is from a VW Euro VR6 car...
Old 11-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: what's goin on... (DCI VW)

Welcome to the HT. Its always good to see non hondas come in here...gives a different perspective on things. And thats a clean hatch

So what are you doing to the v-dub?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:41 AM
Skoobie no more...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what's goin on... (sCeRaXn)

nice hatch.

Lots of guys on here have that lip
Someone really needs to make some sideskirts to even up the front and sides

Anyways, welcome to h-t.
Always remember to search before you post . Or you will get flammed

Oh and lets see your vw!
Old 11-24-2004, 10:25 AM

Default Re: what's goin on... (HatchBox)

yeah, i'm coming very fond of the search feature here. here and google...

here's the jetta i USED to drive, it had a rebuilt title and tons of rust under all the plastics....it's the car that unemployment built.

it had a TON of stuff done to it, completly built 2.1 16v (JE's, total seals, chopped crankshaft, l/w flywheel, built trans), heavily ported cylinder head, cams, header, 2 1/4 exhaust w/ no cat, f/r sways, 6pt cage, matching rear strut bar (2" o.d. bar, 3 point)....you get the idea...

it's a limited edition car to boot...made it harder to tear it apart and junk it, but i've got a new shell in the same color edition (only 1500 made, called "helios")...so it should come out looking the same for the most part, but some exterior mods are gonna be changed. For that car, i'm building a 3.0L VR6 on GSX-R 1000 ITB's (it's normally a 2.8)...S.E.M., lsd trans, some custom billit type accs for the engine...i'm shootin for 300 hp N/A, as it's never been done. here's some pics of that little project, and some of the parts i've gotten for it.

Old 11-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice dubs dude. i got luv for the vw . got a good friend down the road who builds the crap outta those things . and i mean they scoot . welcome to the board and holla if you need any help . i pretty decent with the ef s`.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:30 AM

Default Re: what's goin on... (biggdogg)

nice cars

looks like the front of your jetta had some positive camber...

welcome to HT
Old 11-24-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Re: what's goin on... (allmotorbret)

thanks.

and according to the guy that aligned it, it was perfect....but the car was totaled at one point, so the whole frame coulda been whacked, who knows.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn those fender flares and mirrors are sweet. Good looking v-dub
Old 11-24-2004, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man...put those recaro's in the civic... you're gonna wanna make sweet luvvin to me when you do.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:45 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 184 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Re: (SETI20)

hahah, i had a jetta like that, minus the, ( is that a golf front end) on it, it was a cool little car, the only problem it had was that the dizzy was going out on it, and it took forever for us to pin point the plm other than that the car was cool, the interior was immaculate for the 250k it had on it. the only thing was it was auto which sucked so i had to throw a stereo system into it. Then i crashed it.... to noOb drivers
Old 11-24-2004, 01:50 PM

Default Re: (b2o-vtec)

naw, those seats match the limited edition seats that came in the car originally almost perfect...so they's goin in the jetta.

i've got some juury-rigged crx seats in the hatch that i picked up at a j-yard....reminds me that i need to go finish mounting the passenger one down properly, hah.

and over in europe, that is considered a golf front end, but in the states, it's basically just an aftermarket grill setup. the new car will have the Ralley Golf light setup...

and Seti20- you live in rotterdam, eh? i've got a friend or two over that way....they're in the same car club as me, "dci vw"...they pretty much run the vwforum.nl site...maybe you've met him, who knows. his name it Tjaap, worked at some bar, has curly hair, hangs out with this bald dude that's really creepy.

And for those that read all the magazines, my works race car was on the table of contents for the latest European car with the 1.8t Challenge in it. i work the sales at Bahn Brenner Motorsport.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:30 PM

Default Re: (DCI VW)

nice to see another dub driver
i have a 90 jetta coupe right now.
i would get a honda hatch but im pretty broke right now!
Old 11-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wannabe_si)

I'm on the vortex sometime when I am extremely bored. VW's why do I have this feeling that they have weird electrical quirks? Or is that just the newer ones?

Oh well they got torque, and good gosh a 3.0 Vr6 w/200 na hp in that lil car...wow wow wow, hold on.

I love those blue/blue seats.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:36 PM

Default Re: (B16_madman)

Nice cars.........welcome to HT.

I vote for recaro's in the hatch
Old 11-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Banned

Default Re: (88 rex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88 rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice cars.........welcome to HT.

I vote for recaro's in the hatch </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

noice dub.....ya one of my good friends is on vortex(a3vr6vdubber)...i think i have seen ur car on there b4....anyways welcome
Old 11-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Trial User

Default Re: what's goin on... (Stefndogg)

Nice Hatch Pretty much how I wanted mine to look with Advan RG's(what kind are your rims?) and the bumper cut out like that. Now I know I like the way it looks.

Anymore pics
Old 11-24-2004, 11:31 PM

Default Re: what's goin on... (EF Two)

no more good pics of the hatch...just the ones i have of when i got the thing from my older brother....

he picked it up at a dealer auction for $125 in a "non running" condition.....it had no battery. we threw a battery in it, and started it. had a miss due to the leaky v/c gasket and oil soaked plugs. did a tune up on it and i've been driving it since. he gave it to me for doing a tranny swap in a GTi he needed to sell (he's a car wholesaler)...so in essence, i only paid for what i had in the tune up on the car. it came lowered, with a dc sports header (sucks, it leaks everywhere), exhaust (had a clogged cat, sounds horrible), misc dash parts painted red and white, non functioning parking lights and blinkers (they are now switched as i finished what the p.o. had started) and an awesome aftermarket sunroof that leaks on the drivers side.

i've since put new struts in the front, put the 15" kosei's (dunno which model) on (had a 16" bbs RK look wheel for a while), CRX seats, painted the dash black, installed a tachometer cluster, straight piped the cat, fixed the header (twice, needs to be replaced now), replaced the missing door panels and rear plastic, ripped out the carpet (disgusting), installed the vr lip spoiler, replaced missing misc. other interior plastic, gone through two stereo's, and put an alarm on the thing (came after the first time it was broke into, drivers windows are hard to come by in washington, took me a month)

and yeah, most vw's have wiring quirks, the ground system in them is beyond horrible...ONE ground wire can lead to a faulty fuel pump, irratic tachometer, wiper switch to mess up (like, intermitent is now high, low wont work, high is slow, you get the idea), and no turn signals.....it's crazy. needless to say, you have to almost dismantle the wire harness to fix yer problems sometimes. you get used to it though.