Notices

What type of paint to use

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What type of paint to use

I have noticed a great number of people having said that they have painted parts of their interiors. I was wondering; What tye of paint should I use?
Old 03-03-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: What type of paint to use (CaptSandwichBag)

they got special interior paint for that.. just go to a local auto parts store and you will see alot.. most people use krylon?
Old 03-03-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: What type of paint to use

thanks alot, I have an all stock black 91 crx si and i was thinking of going with a black\red interior all black exterior(carbon altezza tails, black out headlights, black corners). What do you think?
Old 03-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I use the same paint and clearcoat that I use on the outside of my car. Its durable and looks really good, plus you can get it in any color. I use dupont
Old 03-03-2004, 06:52 PM

Default Re: What type of paint to use (00CIVICSITEIN)

painting your interior is extremely stupid-don't do it or you will regret it down the road, you are ruining your interior and if you plan on selling it most people don't like the interior to be painted. That is just my opinion and i don't want people to get pissed at me for calling you a "ricer" for painting your interior, but if you absolutely feel the need to do it-go ahead and do it
Old 03-03-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Re: What type of paint to use

Ok so you say not to paint the interior... Then what should I do if I want a red/black interior?
Old 03-05-2004, 07:14 AM

if anything just get different accessories that are colored black and red-but if it were me i would leave it the way it is.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, red shift ****, **** boot, ebrake boot, stuff that you can put back to stock when/if you sell it..
Old 03-05-2004, 07:59 AM

Default Re:

Just paint the inside stuff if you wanna paint it. Use Krylon it works great. Yeah, I mean why would you wanna make the inside of your car look nice. Who would wanna paint the inside. If you were just going to flame in this post why did you even open your mouth, and speak your 2 cents. Who care's its not your car to be telling people what to do, its' his. Leave him be if he wants to do something besides have a fast car. I come on here and half the time it's people jumping in to post saying stupid stuff like, oh you got a body kit your a ricer. Who care's its a freaking car, you do what you want with it. If you want to use duck tape and make some racing stripes sweet more power to ya, lol!

Just pain it how you want and don't mind the people . I say paint it, its' always good to learn.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:18 AM

Go ahead and paint it you can replace the parts with some from the junkyard if you don't like the way it looks. I had mine painted about 4 years ago and when it got old to me I just put it back to stock. You can also get the console from a 94 and up Integra its got a sweet armrest and cup holders and it looks much better. Here's a link to the armrest info courtesy of forum member fourthgenhatch.

http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/integraconsole.html
Old 03-05-2004, 09:32 AM

Default Re: (feelsfast)

painting interior...

don't use rustoleum it dries very slow. Krylon or Plasticote work the best. I used to have a painted interior, but once i wanted to sell the car i had to spend money to get the pieces back. you'll grow out of it.

personally i will never paint the interior again, but i would buy a kit that covers the interior pieces. they make them in a bunch of colors and in Carbon Fiber and Brushed aluminum. do a google search on Dash Kits.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:38 AM

Default Re: (mansonclubpuir)

oh man for painting nething on a car (even the body) you want to use a good old latex based paint and a big 4 inch brush.. (spray paint is sooo overrated) hahah
Old 03-05-2004, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Re: (crxirex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxirex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just paint the inside stuff if you wanna paint it. Use Krylon it works great. Yeah, I mean why would you wanna make the inside of your car look nice. Who would wanna paint the inside. If you were just going to flame in this post why did you even open your mouth, and speak your 2 cents. Who care's its not your car to be telling people what to do, its' his. Leave him be if he wants to do something besides have a fast car. I come on here and half the time it's people jumping in to post saying stupid stuff like, oh you got a body kit your a ricer. Who care's its a freaking car, you do what you want with it. If you want to use duck tape and make some racing stripes sweet more power to ya, lol!

Just pain it how you want and don't mind the people . I say paint it, its' always good to learn. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Make the interior look nice? thats bullshit man-if you want a nice interior go buy a lexus-but spraypainting random plastic pieces in your honda shitbox aren't gonna look nice.

bottom line-
do it if you want to-you will regret it and i am trying to tell you that
Old 03-05-2004, 09:57 AM

dispite what people say...if you are really set on doing this then only use SEM Vinyl/Carpet Die...can't really be found at every generic auto store but it can be found online and at autopaint stores...by far the best stuff and wont flake as easily as most other crap + they ave like 50 colors
Old 03-05-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re

I have no problem with my stuff, I painted. I don't know why you think so many problems are going to come from it. Maybe if you painted the stuff properly there would be no problems .
Old 03-05-2004, 01:58 PM
BAZ
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re (crxirex)

Paint EVERYTHING red!
Old 03-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I use rustolum high heat, it drys in the sun in 3 minutes no bull ****. I know that their is no point in using high heat but it leaves the best finishes fast. I used a flat black and it turned out looking like it was not even painted and it leaves a clean look inside for cheap. 3.95 a can. ever other car i see with painted interior you can look at it and you can tell it is painted, bit the high heat looked almost factory. I painted alot of plastics with it and a Little vinyl with it but i personally think it works great, and in stead of paying too much for interior paint. Hope that helps
Old 03-05-2004, 08:29 PM

if you are going to change the color, go to an automotive paint supply store and get semi dye ! It is much better than using th crap that you get from pep boys ect... I worked at a car audio shop for a long time, and when we did custom fiberglass work and finished it with vinyl, we would dye it with the semi dye. It sprays like spray paint, but it is actually ment to do what you are looking to do.
Hope this helps
Old 03-05-2004, 11:22 PM

Default Re: What type of paint to use (sleeperx)

oh and here are some easy tips for painting your interior

1.) make sure you remove from your car what you want to paint
2.) wash each piece with warm water and soap, then get some bottles of rubbing alcohol and wipe down every piece thoroughly.
3.) spray on an adhesion promoter
4.) apply your paint
5.) make sure you get some sealant on that afterwords

but above all make sure you wipe down pieces with alcohol cause alot of the stuff like armor all and other interior cleaners build of the chemicals on your vinyl and wax which if its not removed then the greater risk to having your new paint chip and peel.