Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (daidilus)

It's a B16, you're not running 9s.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WAFFLES)

may not be a in the 9's, ....but i am running closer to 13's then 15's....my goal is all motor low 12's... gimme a break...just started..and well....i am wondering how the times will be when I get my header tonight....bigger exhaust.....ITR intake manifold, and B18C bottom....so far, i am just intake exhaust, and ITR cams....more to come very soon
Old 08-31-2004, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the thread starter.

Man, its a tough decision but, you should have thought about it before you went ZC. As far as im conserned you went paying for performance awhile ago. So, you already went 'Go.' If you didnt get enough 'Go'... your not done then, are you.

But, your car looks like ****. fast or not, what chik wants to be seen in that?

Also, everyone talks about the exterierior; hows your interieor?

my vote, Jdm frt end, tails, spoiler, paint job with dents fixed. Then like maybe some nice carpet inside..... im all about comfort right now.

I had a pretty rough riding sr20....too loud, too much vibration, not fast enough....

im keepin my std on stock springs and exaust even after i do a b16 swap.....

STOCK ROCKS!
Old 08-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo vs. looks (yellowcrx1991)

It depensd, daily driver? man treat yourself to some bling, but only if you aren't gonna have too much of a prob. w/theives in the area. Yeah I'd love to run 13's in the 1/4, but a paintjob would be better for my tastes. Car stays reliable highway terror for college.

oh yeah and stay dirty d man, the midrange on the zc is better to my butt dyno. (friends' zc swapped hatch had more tq.) but had a header on it
Old 08-31-2004, 04:46 PM
threes

Default Re: Turbo vs. looks (B16_madman)

LOL

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by johnnykomac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But, your car looks like ****. fast or not, what chik wants to be seen in that?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats an amazing quote. i guess my girl likes goin fast instead of lookin good.

i get more compliments on the crx im driving now than the one i had before that had nice paint full interior super clean everything. got in a wreck decided that **** happens and if its gunna happen to the part that looks good, fuckit. id rather go fast than look good.

no interior shitty black paint no ac no front bumper cover no exhaust just a downpipe. and i get compliments all the time. probly cause all anyone can hear when im driving by them is the whine from the turbo. show sucks a dick.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo vs. looks (crxzcracer)

Its nice to have a fast car but if it looks like poop that just ruins it for me. A clean car that runs pretty good gets a big

Im sick of seeing a bunch of beatup Hondas driving around with fart cans fast or not still look like **** on the road.

If you want to build a race car only, then yeah it doesnt matter what it looks like.

Old 08-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo vs. looks (CWBETB)

OH yeah another thing, the faster you make your car the more $$ you are going to spend fixing things you break. My friend ran into this, had a extreamly fast car but it costs him a fortune to keep it running! Sold it because it turned into a money pit!
Old 08-31-2004, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daidilus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dang I like the lift kit.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:55 PM

I chose the Turbo route as you can see.

Make a fast car, have some fun.
Make a rice car, have some rice.

Why would you say Turbo is unreliable???

Turbo or any kind of engine modification is very reliable as long as it's tuned properly. Tuning is the key to an engines survival.

How ever even with good tuning, if it's not maintained properly then it's no good.

And if you have a lead foot then that is another story.

Turbo will always be number 1 on my list.

If I want to look good I just drive my other car.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Turbo vs. looks (CRX T-Si)

my car really is not a beater crx it just has alot of small digs and dents

the hood has a lot of dents the driver fender is ok but could still be replaced
the pass. fender was hit by something
pass door has a big dent
and the roof was shot with a bb gun 2 times
just a lot of litte thigs as you can see

and as for inside the car it good i am swaping the out the blue inter for the si crx black

i really want to stay d cuz no one around here has a dohc zc but me and i can hold my own around town with the b16s &lt;- if the guy that drive is really fat
Old 08-31-2004, 10:41 PM

I never fell in love with the CRX for its looks, I fell in love because of the feeling the car gave me when I drove it. That isn't to say that I don't like the way the car looks, I really do(when it was good condition).

Considering the amount of time I spend looking at my car versus the amount of time I spend actually driving the car, I find little reason to budget for any body work. In fact, the only reason I might fix the car's body is because I'm a DIY type of person and would like to learn how to paint and do some body repair.

However, I guess if its not breaking into the 9's its not worth doing any type of performance.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:37 AM

i say make it GO. you can make it reliable if you build it the right way
Old 09-01-2004, 05:29 AM

it really nice to have a nice shiney car. dent less and such.

its also nice to have abd *** turbo set up.

but think about what you really want. a nice lookign car thats decently "quick" or a fast crx that looks like ****.

if i could go back i would have done a nasty motor/turbo set up. and said **** the body of the car.

i find myself worrying about my car too much now. i always feel like if i **** up the paint or something im gonna eb sooo pissed.

its up to you man. do what u want. do what u think u will want in the future.

btw. chicks love fresh paint but they also love kapoosh valves
Old 09-01-2004, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if your having to ask.. you dont need to go fast
Old 09-01-2004, 05:35 AM
New User

Default Re: (GreenMachineRex)

junkyard turbo and fix the exterior yourself.

Its great to go fast. It will definitley make your car more enjoyable. However, I cant tell you how many, im out, threads ive read here about forced induction since Ive been here. If you dive into a turbo project and dont know what your doing, you could be giving yourself the biggest headache you'll ever have.

As long as you have common sense and a good knowledge of cars then its easily done, a lot of people have put together cheap junkyard turbos.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo vs. looks (yellowcrx1991)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowcrx1991 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Considering the amount of time I spend looking at my car versus the amount of time I spend actually driving the car, I find little reason to budget for any body work. In fact, the only reason I might fix the car's body is because I'm a DIY type of person and would like to learn how to paint and do some body repair.

However, I guess if its not breaking into the 9's its not worth doing any type of performance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I never said if you can't run 9s then it's not worth it.

I drive a 95 Civic CX. It's white, and when I bought it the hood and front bumper cover needed to be replaced. I didn't fix it, and instead started spending all my money on building an engine for it, wheels, blah blah blah. I ignored the overall appearance. As the years went by I acquired some dents, from being backed into, rear ended, and rear ending someone else.

I did all the body work with the help of a friend. We painted the car. My car is not the nicest thing on the planet. Nowhere near. However, it's dent free(aside from a few door dings I've picked up since the paint work), all one color except for the CF hatch, and completely straight.

My car is not the complete package, rather something easy on the eyes, that can still run low 14s, and handle nicely. A/C is on the way, aswell as cams and a new bottom end. By no means am I a ricer or against having a fast car, this was just the route I chose.

The work gets done in steps, and you have to ask yourself what steps you want to take first. I myself have a 90 DX hatch that is basically just a shell. It's a project car to fullest sence of the pharse.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:32 PM

http://www.xs-power.com/civic8...t.htm
this is a turbo i am thinking aboult getting

any good?

and i will push like 6psi or so i was told i could go 7psi but i really dont want to blow any thing.

what other than wastgate, blow off valve,intercoller, and turbo timer will i need.

i could not pick turbo or clean so i and tring to go for both c/f hood, mirrors, and turbo.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not good at all. looks just like the ssautochrome ones.. just do a search and see how shitty they are.. id recommend a HF mani with plate or find a used greddy manifold and a t25.. i run it and its pretty fun
Old 09-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxzcracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and i will push like 6psi or so i was told i could go 7psi but i really dont want to blow any thing.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You could run 10 on good stock internals and be fine.
To be safe with minimal tuning and managment 6 ~ 8 is good.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:34 AM

Default Re: (lunchboxEF91)

lol.....most girls don't really care how fast it runs....they want them clean. but if u find a girl more interested in how fast it runs....hang on to her.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:22 AM

Default Re: (dont_hate_da_playa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dont_hate_da_playa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol.....most girls don't really care how fast it runs....they want them clean. but if u find a girl more interested in how fast it runs....hang on to her. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I am hanging on as hard as i can
my girl talks **** aboult the way my car looks but loves it when i am kick some **** talker *** in a gt mustang

How much money did yall spend on your junk yard turbo?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: (crxzcracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxzcracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I am hanging on as hard as i can
my girl talks **** aboult the way my car looks but loves it when i am kick some **** talker *** in a gt mustang

How much money did yall spend on your junk yard turbo?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It can be done <U>nicely</U> for about $700.
You could do it for $400~$500 if you go semi-ghetto on it.
Full blown ghetto setup might cost $200 and probably won't last more than a week or 2.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:23 AM

Default Re: (4drEF)

what stuff do i need to look for then in the juck yard what car have a turbo set that would work on my car?
Old 09-07-2004, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL....my girl loves my car...and for the lift kit thingy....it just looks like that because i had just let it off jacks....anything i can do to make it faster...she encourages....she wants a good looking honda...i say let her have the show....i will have the go...
Old 09-14-2004, 04:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daidilus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL....my girl loves my car...and for the lift kit thingy....it just looks like that because i had just let it off jacks....anything i can do to make it faster...she encourages....she wants a good looking honda...i say let her have the show....i will have the go...</TD></TR></TABLE>

she has a reason to.....where'd u get those wheels?? how much were they?