Notices

For those who want the spoon style mirrors but ar too lazy....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who want the spoon style mirrors but ar too lazy....

I've had a few people ask for some pics of my $30 TYC spoon style mirrors.
I don't know if they're still available or not, but the ef ones were sold out so I had to buy the eg ones. No biggie right?
Well I'm glad to ditch the bases that came with them since they would've stuck the mirrors out and defeated the whole purpose of having tiny mirrors.
I used plastic from a rectangular oil drip pan i bought from walmart.
The only tools used for this was a phillips screw driver, a dremel, and a file.
(semi ghetto riggin on college campus. Man did I make my dorm messy as crap w/the dremel and file.)

Even with them being that close to the sides of the car, I still can see behind me to back up and such, but when I'm drivin thru traffic I always turn around to check real quick before I change lanes, especially in ATL.
Yeah baby check out dose blang blang seats righ der.

There's a tiny tiny barely visible gap b/c I didn't get to use my usual tools, but I'll play with it in the summertime.

I tried to fix the gap w/some black silicone, but If I had used a power screw driver I don't think I'd have the gap problem.

The camera picks up the detail of that base, but it don't look out of place. I'm sure I could sand it down and paint it to match.

It's missin the stick, so I need to fill in the whole or get some tweets

I haven't tried to take the passenger writing off yet

So there you have it folks a $30 mod that with more time would be even better. If anyone knows how to take the writing off lemme know. The blue tint glass I guess helps some w/the glare, but by no means is it an antiglare glass (what can you expect for the price?).

So go get em while you can. I wanted the textured ones, but taht's what I got so I'll do w/them.

here they're $$
$$but pay to play
here they're supa cheap if i can find the link
I'd call first to double check.

Good luck. Do it better than I did and give me some suggestions on improvements
Old 03-20-2004, 08:47 PM

Default Re: For those who want the spoon style mirrors but ar too lazy.... (B16_madman)

The base looks like painted wood and I have no problem with the OEM ones.

Like daddy said, dont fix something that aint broke

Still hot I guess though
Old 03-20-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: For those who want the spoon style mirrors but ar too lazy.... (B16_madman)

looks good man been waiting to see those pics....i got a pair for $40 from urbanimport.com....there the textured ones just like from jdmshit.com...mine are also made for an EG....haven't had the time to fabricate mine yet..but as soon as i do ill post some pics....will try and have them done by saturday for HONDA DAY....nice pics though and good job
Old 03-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those who want the spoon style mirrors but ar too lazy.... (W O T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by W O T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The base looks like painted wood and I have no problem with the OEM ones.
Still hot I guess though</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did. My passenger side whistled and annoyed the heck out of me...but these have wind noise till I fix that gap. ( i guess)
Old 03-20-2004, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i told ya so,
Old 03-21-2004, 04:48 AM
No Big Whoop

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: For those who want the spoon style mirrors but ar too lazy.... (Fobtions)

OR....
you could use the eg base and just modify it to work with the EF. That's what I did and you have to get right on top of the mirror to tell that the base doesn't follow the door 100%, but it is damn close.
I did this a long time ago and I don't remember exactly what I did.
The best thing is to buy the mirrors, take the base off the mirror and start test fitting it until you get the right fit. I do remember doing that a lot.
here are my EG mirrors on mt CRX
Old 03-21-2004, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those who want the spoon style mirrors but ar too lazy.... (The new Spaceballs)

hmmm, but yeh, my fakies had a base that would stick the mirror way out anyways....mine didn't seem that close i dont think...oh well
Old 03-21-2004, 09:10 AM

how do you remove the mirror from the base...i have EG ones from urbanimport that look just like the ones from jdmshit.com...im looking to put them on real soon i need to start to fabricate..
Old 03-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those who want the spoon style mirrors but ar too lazy.... (bardo)

on mine, i took off the rubber gasket and unscrewed the screws...it's a piece of cake