Notices

Suspension settings- which is more important, adjusting the front or rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension settings- which is more important, adjusting the front or rear

i want to get some koni adjustable shocks for my 90 rex si but i dont want to have to switch both the fronts and rears because of time constraints from city driving to highway driving. its easier to get the electornically adjustable but i dont have that kind of money. so if i had them set on the middle setting and i want to hit the highway with soft settings, which should i change the settings on, the fronts or the rear? it makes sense to change both, but im in a hurry so i dont have time for that.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Suspension settings- which is more important, adjusting the front or rear (Wasabithegosu)

koni's are freakin schweet, to adjust them you rotate a **** on the very top of the shock. takes like a minute.

having them on a middle setting will be all around good for daily driving. as far as adjusting them..front to rear? thats your choice. play around making same changes at both sets to your compression/rebound. if your car hits a bump and cycles more than once go up a notch. if its so stiff that your *** takes all the impact. loosen her up a bit. keep in mind that any stiffer springs other than stock are going to exaggerate your feel for them.

adjusting front to rear helps in tuning out push or swing. as we all know hondas are designed to push or understeer. to gain more oversteer: loosin up the front to provide more dive into turns aiding traction and stiffin up the rear to help break it loose for rotation. do the opposite if your oversteering.