Old 09-25-2004, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPERMODEL w/ My Car + Tranny Mount Removal Questions + Pics

see my last post

Almost done, just starter left

Modified by Traction at 3:01 AM 9/27/2004
Old 09-25-2004, 05:11 PM

Default Re: SUPERMODEL w/ My Car + Tranny Mount Removal Questions + Pics (Traction)

Old 09-25-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Re: SUPERMODEL w/ My Car + Tranny Mount Removal Questions + Pics (Traction)

Word of advice, buy a helms manual. until then use this http://www.binghamtonlife.com/manual/manual.htm

and more particular this page http://www.binghamtonlife.com/...n.htm
Old 09-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The side mount -
Remove the 3 bolts that attach the mount to the tranny plate.
You can then roate the mount up towards the sky and flip it out of the way.

Rear mount - remove those 3 bolts that you see in the picture below.

Front mount - if you have have exhaust off the car (Helms says you are supposed to remove teh lower pipe) then remove the bolt that goes sideways (runs from driver side of car to passanger side).
Then remove the 2 bolts that hold the mount to the tranny. It is a LOT easier to get to these bolts if you remove the radiator. You should already have the hoses disconnected so it's really not much work to pull the radiator out.

You speedo cable looks fawked. It looks like you broke the rubber off the sleeve of the cable. It could just be the pic though.
At this point I would suggest you remove the speedo cable drive gear completely from the tranny. You should be able to see a small bolt (10mm or 12mm socket) holding down a small triangular shaped plate right next to the speedo cable drive gear where it enters the tranny. REmove that bolt and the little triangular plate completely. Pull the entire gear assembly out of the tranny.
TIP - Before you put the tranny back into the car put the gear drive back in FIRST. That triangular plate slips into a slot on the gear housing and it's sort of a pain to get it just right when the tranny is already in the car.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pay for my plane ticket or gas and give me a 12 pack of Corona and I'll have it out and the new one in in under 2 1/2 hours. - Darrell
Old 09-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: I told you to wait in the truck in Texas, United States
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So where is the supermodel?

Inside the black boot,there is a horseshoe shaped clip which slides into a groove,
You can usually squeeze and turn it and it will come out.
Or just pull up the boot then it will be self-explainitory..

http://www.binghamtonlife.com/...7.jpg
Old 09-25-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: (DOHCZCCRXSi)

Im having a load of fun doing it myself, learning alot, tore apart alot of front suspension trying to pry out the axles just so I didnt have to try a pickle fork and dmage the boot.

I ended up going after 30 min of hammering without a budge

The end axle nuts are what killed me time wise, took me 20 min to find a hollow long bar, put it on, all my weight on it and the ****** bent, so I went to my work and stolen a 9 foot massively thick piece ($650 worth) piece of aluminum, cracked it off

Cut 2 feet off to use as a breaker bar for the motor bolts and brought the rest back lol

And the kid is my little sister
Old 09-25-2004, 06:24 PM

Default Re: (Traction)

I was gonna install my new clutch and flywheel this weekend. Good thing i chickened out. Turns out my clutch was toasted, origional flywheel scored, and my left halfshaft gernaded. The halfshaft literally fell apart when it came out of the car.

Took it to a shop around here, and they are doing all of it. They also busted my radiator (plastic top origional) so i get a new one

ps. way to be a good role model for your younger sister. she's what, 11? and you told her to flick off the camera? real nice, buddy
Old 09-25-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: (Fred.Rodgers)

**** I didnt see that speedo post,

As you can see I pulled off the boot and it slides freely no problem, but I couldnt feel a clip, and after the boot was pulled up, the ****** was still stuck dead in there so I just ******* yanked on it and the cable seemed to pull out 6 inches then caught and I am unable to push it back in

Dunno what to do

Also the shift rods might be of some trouble for me

BTW- My sister is 7, eeryone says shes huge for her age, she saw me giving it the finger and jumped off the engine and did the same lol

Shes gonna be into cars, gotta learn the gestures
Old 09-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As far as the bitch pin its not thast bad, I use a punch to get it out but I have also used flatheads, its not that bad.
The cable all you should do is grab the rubber boot and pull it out of the tranny and the part that comes out should be a few inches long.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: (kid-honda)

Well when I pulled I got nothing, solid strong, yanked even harder and 6 inches of cable come out, the bottom was still solid

I dont know
Old 09-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you remove the horseshoe clip?
Old 09-25-2004, 07:59 PM

I didnt see nor feel one where abouts on the unit is it, I dont see how that clip would hold it in so dam *** tight as it was

How is the clip removed? I could only really get could access to this after I removed the drivers side axle and was under it so I couldnt see anything, just by feeling
Old 09-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its under the rubber boot and it slides into a notch on the post going into the tranny and all you do is pop it off.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:21 PM

Dont search because no else ever had any of these proplems about once a week...no really.
https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1
Old 09-25-2004, 08:22 PM

bed time bump, 7am wakeup, hope to get it all done tomorrow
Old 09-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Keyboard Humorist

Default Re: SUPERMODEL w/ My Car + Tranny Mount Removal Questions + Pics (SEA Hag)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEA Hag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont search because no else ever had any of these proplems about once a week...no really.
https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAha! That's link to his old post!
Old 09-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Keyboard Humorist

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Traction &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didnt see nor feel one where abouts on the unit is it, I dont see how that clip would hold it in so dam *** tight as it was

How is the clip removed? I could only really get could access to this after I removed the drivers side axle and was under it so I couldnt see anything, just by feeling</TD></TR></TABLE>

Remove the gear assembly from the housing and you can inspect it however you want.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Re: (4drEF)

lol ahaha , ya that was last weeknds attempt at the same thing, just kept driving to a minimum until I could get my hands on some free time, breaker bar and a pickle fork

4drEF, I just went outside in my ******* boxers, 1am, I took off that little place held on by a 12mm bolt, I took the plate off and there is another hole underneath the plate, I still couldnt pull anything around, didnt look for the clip because its do dark and I was just going by the porch light 40feet away, we really need a garage light
Old 09-25-2004, 10:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEA Hag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont search because no else ever had any of these proplems about once a week...no really.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4drEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HAha! That's link to his old post!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol, nice one, sea hag.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SUPERMODEL w/ My Car + Tranny Mount Removal Questions + Pics (yellowcrx1991)

really though man it isn't that hard, just remove bolts and it will come out. there is nothing in engine or tranny removal from our cars that can't be figured out by simple common sense.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:29 PM

Default Re: SUPERMODEL w/ My Car + Tranny Mount Removal Questions + Pics (4drEF)

funny isn't it...glad to see all these useful threads being made.
My favorite is when someone takes a picture of a clearly visible bolt and asks how to take it out. Am I missing something here?
Old 09-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SUPERMODEL w/ My Car + Tranny Mount Removal Questions + Pics (SEA Hag)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEA Hag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">funny isn't it...glad to see all these useful threads being made.
My favorite is when someone takes a picture of a clearly visible bolt and asks how to take it out. Am I missing something here?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah I was just on ef-honda and he made the same exact post on there. The axles that are so ridiculously hard to remove, I did yesterday when I changed to EX brakes, wasn't TOO hard. Common sense people, but Im not hating your a noob, just wish you would have taken my advise in your last thread and bought a haynes.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:00 PM

Default Re: SUPERMODEL w/ My Car + Tranny Mount Removal Questions + Pics (CRXBart)

Are you talking about me wanting to know how to remove the bolts?

What I meant was if I remove the tranny from the mounts, or remove the mounts from the chassis and drop them along with the tranny

I ended up almost finishing today, Im about 10hours total working over the 2 days I tried this

One thing I left though was the starter, say your looking at it from the front of the car, theres 2 studs, the closest one to you is lowerr and the one furthest away is about an inch higher and an ich further away, which one of these studs is the main power wire bolted onto?

Thats the last questions I promise lol