Old 07-05-2004, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT-4 vs Honda (BUG_MANIAC)

SRT-4 vs Civic

http://www.xxxtremecompacts.co...4.wmv

Right click and enjoy

civic was b16 n/a at the time
now is turbo and outruns stage 2 all day.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh man.. this is hilarious. Just about everyone else has said what i wanted to (nice or mean) about the SRT-4 being cool and all. However, I do the same thing when i talk to people about it, and say its not a Neon (I don't own one myself). I say it that way because it is a very nice car, and it is fast, and i've seen A LOT of riced out neons, that i just don't want to put an SRT-4 in that class But it really IS a neon, and there is nothing wrong with that, it is a nice car.

My problem with this post was the Domestic will smoke any Import. *sigh* that depresses me, I respect BOTH sides equally. I was raised around American cars and I love them. Something about older cars that i just really like and respect. What it does is helps me appreciate what we have today. the ideas and engineering for cars has all been thought of, but there wasnt enough technology to do so - now there is, and to see all that happen is great - whether its import or domestic brands do it. BUT PLEASE, PLEASE - don't use 2F&F for a comparison please. that movie was HORRIBLE, and please don't use that as a guide for anything but "How to make Bad Movies"

I respect all cars, I have an American Car, and I will own another at some point, but I also love my Hondas. Please do us all a favor and know what you are talking about before you post, and remember: to each his own buddy.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:28 AM

Default Re: SRT-4 vs Honda (nikeair042)

Dude give me the money you spent on your srt-4 to put in my 1300 hatchback and ill spank you all day up and down the track. And dude a gsx will hand you your *** dont come in our forums talking it up because if you gave me even half the money you spend on your srt-4 ill smoke you all day.

Your just another kid who said daddy i want a fast car and he bought you a srt-4 because you cant build your own... now you think its faster then everything ill pee on you drip drip drip ill **** on you...
Old 07-05-2004, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doug294)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schwanginpt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh man.. this is hilarious. Just about everyone else has said what i wanted to (nice or mean) about the SRT-4 being cool and all. However, I do the same thing when i talk to people about it, and say its not a Neon (I don't own one myself). I say it that way because it is a very nice car, and it is fast, and i've seen A LOT of riced out neons, that i just don't want to put an SRT-4 in that class But it really IS a neon, and there is nothing wrong with that, it is a nice car.

My problem with this post was the Domestic will smoke any Import. *sigh* that depresses me, I respect BOTH sides equally. I was raised around American cars and I love them. Something about older cars that i just really like and respect. What it does is helps me appreciate what we have today. the ideas and engineering for cars has all been thought of, but there wasnt enough technology to do so - now there is, and to see all that happen is great - whether its import or domestic brands do it. BUT PLEASE, PLEASE - don't use 2F&F for a comparison please. that movie was HORRIBLE, and please don't use that as a guide for anything but "How to make Bad Movies"

I respect all cars, I have an American Car, and I will own another at some point, but I also love my Hondas. Please do us all a favor and know what you are talking about before you post, and remember: to each his own buddy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-05-2004, 06:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah... neon 1 turbo. crx, 2.

285 WHEEL hp.

Any car can be made fast. it's just taste. Some people need to grow up.

Old 07-05-2004, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRT-4 vs Honda (nikeair042)

It is amazing how you are comparing a car like a SRT-4 Turboed Neon to a Honda Civic. Yes, Of course you are faster than a stock Honda Civic. We as Honda owners have not had the pleasure yet of Honda making an already boosted car. We are forced to dip our hands into the aftermarket to create a Honda that has high horsepower and torque to return good number on the track. Until Honda puts all of their engineers to work to make a Honda Civic stock from the dealer comparable to a Neon SRT-4 we will be forced to do all of the work ourselves. As far as reliability, Dodge Neon is on Consumer Reports "Used Cars To Avoid" list. I would be willing to bet that the majority of cars here on Honda-tech.com that have had major time, love and money poured into them would beat your "Stock" from the factory Dodge Neon SRT-4 that your mommy bought for you.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SRT-4 vs Honda (broncoman74)

This guy is a ***...anyone who uses Fast and the Furious as an example to anything real world should die.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:37 AM

Default Re: SRT-4 vs Honda (HondaKPX)

wooo srt4 wow.... claimed quarter stock 14.7.... actual speeds run by 3 drivers ive seen at the track... 15.7.... thats blazing
Old 07-05-2004, 08:10 AM

my boi's h22 Civic Si vs SRT4

SRT4...owned

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D
Old 07-05-2004, 09:01 AM

Default Re: (ImportsCRX)

why hasn't he come back? I kinda liked him j/k, but everyone has a good point somewhere in their statements and i personally like that new NEON. I saw sone yesterday and i'll admit..it'll out run my stock CRX all day long (mostly because its broken down ) but still its a nice paper weight
Old 07-05-2004, 09:16 AM
The Boot

banned
Old 07-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Smokinsax)

i think hes trying to compinsate for his overly small *****...like most domestic owners
Old 07-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (5litereater)

the thing about srt-4 owners in general is that they are just wannabes tryin to fit in to a role that they otherwise couldnt, so they go by this "fast" car and the ego to go along with it. i personaly have done ALL of the work to my car and school srt-4's on a regular basis. to me there is no better satisfaction than talking out a car you built yourself and destroying these cocky little basterds. all they are, is unimaginative.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rextec)

Car and Driver did a <U>road course</U> test between 9 of the newer sport compact cars, and with it having the most hp (which we all know that hp is everything!) it soemhow took 4th place. Why? Because its crap unless its in a straight line, 1st and 2nd place were the Toyota Celica GT-S and the Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V. Thats like me saying my Spec V isnt a Sentra because of the Calsonic and Nismo **** on it. Please, its a Sentra on crack, just like your Neon is a Neon. Come take some turns with my Spec.