Notices

removing stock sound deading

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing stock sound deading

what all has to be done to get that **** off?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: removing stock sound deading (Beau Gotti)

well ive seen on here people use dry ice and break it off but ive never tried it. i used a hammer and a screw driver but if you go that rout prepare to spen alot of time and you can clean the rest of the small stuff with 3m adhesive remover. ive also heard of people using an air hammer. in my old coupe it came out real easy but on my ef it was the biggest bitch ever. worth it to me though.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:16 PM

yea i want the interior CLEAN incase i ever remove the rear cargo compartments.

im not to worried about it, but im repainting the car soon, and i would rather go ahead and do a clean job on the interior too.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removing stock sound deading (e jay one)

20-30 lbs dry ice in smallish pieces, 15 mins, 2 beers, and a hard rubber mallet.

in that order.

beer is optional, but i see no reason to cut corners here.

clean up with the lowest strength adhesive remover you can find. the "good" stuff will take off the paint. this part will be much less labor intensive if you drink slowly and let the ice do its job.

seriously clean and easy, and it wont gouge the paint and metal underneath like other methods.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:40 PM

next question....where the expletive do you get dry ice lol
Old 02-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Beau Gotti)

some grocery stores and liquor stores sell it believe it or not.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (STREETWERKZ)

look it up in the yellow pages- there will prolly be a dry ice/co2/gas seller near you.

i've also heard of the places listed above, ice cream shops, or party supply places.

ask for the broken pieces- they'll give them to you cheap or free since they can't sell them to people who need blocks. bring a cooler.

aluminum foil helps to make things to keep the ice on sloped surfaces. i also covered the ice as it was working with foil to keep it from melting so fast so that i could get as much out of it as possible. no idea if it helped or not, but everything worked much easier than expected.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rsca_crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rsca_crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">20-30 lbs dry ice in smallish pieces, 15 mins, 2 beers, and a hard rubber mallet.

in that order.

beer is optional, but i see no reason to cut corners here.

clean up with the lowest strength adhesive remover you can find. the "good" stuff will take off the paint. this part will be much less labor intensive if you drink slowly and let the ice do its job.

seriously clean and easy, and it wont gouge the paint and metal underneath like other methods. </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rsca_crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">look it up in the yellow pages- there will prolly be a dry ice/co2/gas seller near you.

i've also heard of the places listed above, ice cream shops, or party supply places.

ask for the broken pieces- they'll give them to you cheap or free since they can't sell them to people who need blocks. bring a cooler.

aluminum foil helps to make things to keep the ice on sloped surfaces. i also covered the ice as it was working with foil to keep it from melting so fast so that i could get as much out of it as possible. no idea if it helped or not, but everything worked much easier than expected.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also a really cold day, depending on where you are at. But the dry ice makes it eAsY!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removing stock sound deading (Beau Gotti)

me and my friend just took his out last night in his crx. we just used some scrapers and flat head screw drivers. I have heard of the dry ice though.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removing stock sound deading (CRX_SI_216)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX_SI_216 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">me and my friend just took his out last night in his crx. we just used some scrapers and flat head screw drivers. I have heard of the dry ice though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, seriously- if you are reading this and wondering which way you should tackle the project, go get some freaking dry ice.

i've done it with heat, and various powered and non-powered implements. anything other than the ice on a normal car in a normal climate is just extra work for no reason, and won't come out as cleanly.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hammer and shizzel.

Mine litterally turned to tar and ruined my ugly blue carpet. So when I got my black interior I stripped the **** out of the floor pan with a shizzle and some cleaners.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removing stock sound deading (rsca_crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rsca_crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">beer is optional, but i see no reason to cut corners here. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL
Old 02-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ludesrv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludesrv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hammer and shizzel.

Mine litterally turned to tar and ruined my ugly blue carpet. So when I got my black interior I stripped the **** out of the floor pan with a shizzle and some cleaners.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ma nizzle

greg, who is still wondering if you meant to write chisel, you have a wondertool that i don't, you spun gin and juice one too many times, or if your sarcasm is simply lost on me.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removing stock sound deading (rsca_crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rsca_crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok, seriously- if you are reading this and wondering which way you should tackle the project, go get some freaking dry ice.

i've done it with heat, and various powered and non-powered implements. anything other than the ice on a normal car in a normal climate is just extra work for no reason, and won't come out as cleanly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually it wasnt that bad. we were gonna wait till today to do it but he started scrapeing the passenger side and it was coming off pretty easy so we just did the whole thing. wasnt that much extra work.