Notices

Quick Lock steering setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Lock steering setup

I'm a bit confused with these products, made by NRG. I think the idea is great, and I'd love to install a smaller wheel/quick release hub and then have the quick-lock by NRG for the hub. Could I use the NRG quick-lock on the cheap ebay steering wheel/hub combos, or must it be used on the expensive NRG quick release hubs?

Thanks!

(example of cheaper ebay wheel/hub I'm talking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1
)
Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick Lock steering setup (peagreencivic)

I have a cheap ebay hub adapter and I just got a ebay quick release and a streering wheel for my crx. You can use the cheap hub and ngr release together as long as they have the same hole patern. I would sugest if you do go with a quick release get a slim hud adapter or your wheel will stick out to much.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick Lock steering setup (90crxdriver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90crxdriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a cheap ebay hub adapter and I just got a ebay quick release and a streering wheel for my crx. You can use the cheap hub and ngr release together as long as they have the same hole patern. I would sugest if you do go with a quick release get a slim hud adapter or your wheel will stick out to much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe that the e-bay hubs cannot be used with the NRG locks because they are of different design.

I personally just purchased the NRG slim hub/quick release + lock and a Nardi wheel for my EF hatch. If you're willing to wait 2 weeks on your purchase I'll be doing a write up/review/install with pictures when I get back home. Seems like there is a lot of misinformation about the NRG slim hubs not working on our EF/ED chassis (with the most coming from my friend with a CRX who ended up buying the full size hub because he thought the slim would never work haha).

For the record, personally, I find that the regular hub + quick release sticks out way too far for comfort.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Quick Lock steering setup (1989CivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1989CivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I believe that the e-bay hubs cannot be used with the NRG locks because they are of different design.

I personally just purchased the NRG slim hub/quick release + lock and a Nardi wheel for my EF hatch. If you're willing to wait 2 weeks on your purchase I'll be doing a write up/review/install with pictures when I get back home. Seems like there is a lot of misinformation about the NRG slim hubs not working on our EF/ED chassis (with the most coming from my friend with a CRX who ended up buying the full size hub because he thought the slim would never work haha).

For the record, personally, I find that the regular hub + quick release sticks out way too far for comfort. </TD></TR></TABLE>I will be waiting for this write-up cause I to think it sticks way to far out for daily driving...the reason I didnt do it...cause it was one the steps I wanted to take to make my car harder to drive away!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Quick Lock steering setup (peagreencivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1989CivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

For the record, personally, I find that the regular hub + quick release sticks out way too far for comfort. </TD></TR></TABLE>

gah i bought a momo hub figuring one day i could afford the momo quick release since i thought that the nrg slim hub would not work on the EF/ED. what the hell is that all about anyway? apparantly on weksos they indicated it would require some modification.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick Lock steering setup (FotoGenetix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FotoGenetix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

gah i bought a momo hub figuring one day i could afford the momo quick release since i thought that the nrg slim hub would not work on the EF/ED. what the hell is that all about anyway? apparantly on weksos they indicated it would require some modification. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Talked to someone at NRG who did it on their CRX while I was on the phone . You do end up losing the auto-cancel for your turn signals, but everything else works out peachy . Gimme a week guys...gotta finish my finals then fly home haha .
Old 06-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm, I'm a bit confused, but ok... I will wait for a writeup.

90crxdriver: I was not aware of an ebay cheap quick release unit, could you maybe PM me a link to the units you bought?

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (peagreencivic)

Just and update. Finished installing the entire quicklock system + nardi wheel and man is it nice. Took some nice pics so I'll upload tomorrow and do the writeup for you guys
Old 06-19-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: (1989CivicSi)