Notices

Questions for CRX Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for CRX Tuners

i need a Swap and Tuning info help. Anyone knows?
i sent same msg before..

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1617295

Hello im from Turkiye. i have got '91 CRX 1.6i-16 D16A9. İ bought 2weeks ago. İ want a buy VTEC engine (B16, B16B or B18C3-4-5). Heres Honda Services are so expensive. İ want a buy this engine from USA. But i wants excellent condition engine or if possible 0miles.
1. 0miles engine possible? Can i find 0miles B16, B18?

2. Low miles engine possible? (0-20K miles Excellent condition)

3. Where can i buy it, Who sell it? (i need a honest and famous JDM engine company adresses)

4. Whats your ideas about my Project.? Can you show me way about my projects, plans? What i have to do? im thinking B18C5 + Turbo .

i needs Correct Company Address, Swap project chapters, VTEC engine, engine mounts, Hydrolic clutch system plan for my CRX. Stock CRX clutchs are with Wire system.

i need your answers, helps Thank you. My cars pics; i hope this Rex will be Powerfull Road machine after the engine swap, Turbo kit, suspansion kit and paint job...

Old 05-05-2006, 07:20 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

before someone else comes off as an *******...i'll be polite...

to be honest all of this is easily accessible using the "search" on the top right, its the "search" in red..although i'm not sure if any of the US carriers of JDM motors will ship out to say like Turkey.., you're better off finding places closer to you which might be better in dealin with JDM motors..
Old 05-05-2006, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Questions for CRX Tuners (Sercan_13)

i dont think 0 miles is possible to find on an engine that was made 5-10 years ago.

dont even think 20k miles is possible, but say 30-40k is possible.

where can you buy it? id almost say just take a flight over to japan and buy a jdm motor there, they will be cheap as hell. if not, then try the famous http://www.hmotorsonline.com but good luck on shipping charges

my idea on your project? again, it depends on what you want out of the car and how deep your wallet is. you think b18c5 turbo? i really dont know anything about the gsrs/type r motors so im not going to say anything about it cuz it will probably be false info. only thing i can say is the gsr motor is like 180 hp stock, the type r is 200 stock i think. but they are pretty much the same motor besides the type r has better internals.

if you want a vtec engine, mounts and a hydralic clutch, either find someone that has a complete swap for it (motor, sensors, hoses, wire harness, axles, trasmission, shift linkage, mounts) but for a gsr/type r motor setup, ud need to convert to obd2, dpfi-mpfi, and cable to hydralic transmission. and thats just the beginning.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions for CRX Tuners (Bjorn20)

go to http://www.rywire.com and they will ship you everything needed for wiring. They also carry hasport mount kits to mount o\up the b-series. as stated above hmotors carrys many different swaps but shipping will kill you. I would try a european engine importer if i were you....goodluck and use the search function on this website for more info.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Europe will be the best place to look for all parts since shipping wont be overseas that way.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:57 PM

thank you for this site adress. Needs more trustable company adress. So can i trust 20k-30k used Vtec engine? Did you buy from this jdm engine company? how was the engines? good condition?

in europe engine prizes more expensive already in Turkiye 100Kmiles B16 starts $10K. i have to buy from USA.