Notices

Questions: B-Swap & Front Big(ger) Brake Conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions: B-Swap & Front Big(ger) Brake Conversion.

Hey everyone

I'm currently in the process of b-swapping my EF. After some google search, I found that I would need DA axles to do the swap. The DA axle will requires me to remove the dust cover on both the spindle(of the EF) and axle for some much needed clearance for the axle.

My question is, if I do a DA front knuckle swap(for the bigger brakes) at the same time for my EF, will I be able to keep the dust cover? Where I live, it gets really dusty along with rain, I'm worry things might get rusted etc.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 AM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Questions: B-Swap & Front Big(ger) Brake Conversion.

That's actually a really good question. In for an answer.

2 things:

1.) When doing the rear trailing arm swap from a second gen Integra you gain a few mm of width. It would seem logical that the same might happen with the front knuckles though I don't think anyone has documented that before.
2.) For years swapping second gen Integra knuckles was taboo on the basis that the geometry would be ruined to the point that it could not be corrected even with adjustable arms. Not sure if that was ever debunked.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 24TEN
1.) When doing the rear trailing arm swap from a second gen Integra you gain a few mm of width. It would seem logical that the same might happen with the front knuckles though I don't think anyone has documented that before.
i didn't know it would be widen. I don't really mind since I'm going with lower offset rims anyways. Good to know.

Originally Posted by 24TEN
2.) For years swapping second gen Integra knuckles was taboo on the basis that the geometry would be ruined to the point that it could not be corrected even with adjustable arms. Not sure if that was ever debunked.
'Ben(winhpde)' got a good write up regarding this. From the sound of it, the effect won't be as bad as some may say. I'll have to source out some knuckles and give that a go.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im pretty sure doing a da knuckle swap just gives you alot of camber and kills caster but the ef chassis works off of caster also it more unsprung weight so i wouldnt. you can get a custom front brake mount hole conversion its like a plate with threads in it. forgot the company that made it help honda tech.