Project fireball! Pics inside (56k not so bad)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 04:05 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This weekend i'm probably going to unleash a plazma cutter on the inside to get rid of the extra brackets and such that i'm not going to be needing.
What should I do with the sunroof?
I was thinking about just making it a manual sunroof just to save a little more weight.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (MooGoCow3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MooGoCow3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This weekend i'm probably going to unleash a plazma cutter on the inside to get rid of the extra brackets and such that i'm not going to be needing.
What should I do with the sunroof?
I was thinking about just making it a manual sunroof just to save a little more weight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is a guy on here that sells CF roofs. not just a plug for the sunroof but the entire thing CF. the one thing i dont know about is the thickness and/or the safety of it. but its food for thought. or you can just CF plug the sunroof.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:38 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Default Re: (temp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by temp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a guy on here that sells CF roofs. not just a plug for the sunroof but the entire thing CF. the one thing i dont know about is the thickness and/or the safety of it. but its food for thought. or you can just CF plug the sunroof.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm going to give you a spot on the side of the car when it's done. your the only consistent poster i have lol.
they are gonna come out of the woodwork when the engine starts to go together...
Old 06-09-2006, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least you don't have to worry about the undercoating since it is all burnt off, weight savings! Are you going to take all the tar/sound deading out of the inside too? I mean you are already there.

Temp is on to something but I would be very concerned with putting a CF roof on the car. The reason I say this is because most of the structure of the car is in the roof.

I would do the manual sunroof idea or the CF plugs. Also I know on the race car we just threw a piece of sheet metal over it and fastened it to the car with rivets. If you really want to save weight though pull it out completely.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MooGoCow3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
your the only consistent poster i have lol. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well fine then consider this my last post!

I SAY GOOD DAY!

Old 06-09-2006, 04:53 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Default Re: (CRX Toad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX Toad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At least you don't have to worry about the undercoating since it is all burnt off, weight savings! Are you going to take all the tar/sound deading out of the inside too? I mean you are already there.

Temp is on to something but I would be very concerned with putting a CF roof on the car. The reason I say this is because most of the structure of the car is in the roof.

I would do the manual sunroof idea or the CF plugs. Also I know on the race car we just threw a piece of sheet metal over it and fastened it to the car with rivets. If you really want to save weight though pull it out completely.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is what I want. When it comes to the race track i'm a noob. I can work on any Honda with my eyes closed. It's nice to get the advice from someone that knows what side is up on this part of the subject!

The plug sounds like the route i'll take. Thanks for the advice

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well fine then consider this my last post!

I SAY GOOD DAY!

</TD></TR></TABLE>
i'm sorry sir you can have a spot too
Old 06-09-2006, 05:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MooGoCow3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm going to give you a spot on the side of the car when it's done. your the only consistent poster i have lol.
they are gonna come out of the woodwork when the engine starts to go together... </TD></TR></TABLE>

w00000t . put a sticker on your car that says TEMP IS SUKEBE KING!

edit: here is the link https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1633180

i tried to get him to gimme one free since he said i make him laugh
Old 06-09-2006, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

TEMP IS TUBE STEAK EATING KING!

Ya, much better sticker .
Old 06-09-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Re: (ludesrv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludesrv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TEMP IS TUBE STEAK EATING KING!

Ya, much better sticker .</TD></TR></TABLE>

negative
Old 06-09-2006, 06:29 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX Toad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At least you don't have to worry about the undercoating since it is all burnt off, weight savings! Are you going to take all the tar/sound deading out of the inside too? I mean you are already there. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes totally forgot to reply to this one...
Yes i'm going to do that but it's still a few steps away.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:41 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by carbonall &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">These are just a cap they do not replace your roof.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I fail to see the point in a roof cap other than pure rice...
But the plug I have asked about.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:56 AM

I fail to see the point in a roof cap other than pure rice...
But the plug I have asked about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

doh i thought it replaced the roof. i know there has to be a company out there that does.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by temp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

doh i thought it replaced the roof. i know there has to be a company out there that does.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, you got owned.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MooGoCow3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I owe this guy a 10 second car... </TD></TR></TABLE>

AHA ! Ok anyways hells yea buddy It takes a pair to tackle something like

that most people would just look at that and say "oh but its been burned badly what

ever shall I do?" Other people well other people see it flying down the course

goodluck with it keep us informed
Old 06-09-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: (ludesrv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludesrv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Haha, you got owned.</TD></TR></TABLE>

. oh wells. still the CF plug is a good idea for removing the sunroof. either that or doing a roof swap.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

an all motor crx with a b16 wouldn't stand a CHANCE against a viper. unless it was running more nitrous than fuel into the motor
Old 06-09-2006, 12:17 PM
In a Junkyard near you.

Default Re: (sohc88rex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc88rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AHA ! Ok anyways hells yea buddy It takes a pair to tackle something like

that most people would just look at that and say "oh but its been burned badly what

ever shall I do?" Other people well other people see it flying down the course

goodluck with it keep us informed </TD></TR></TABLE>
You arent the first one that's told me that.
I don't know if it's a good or bad thing but I havn't thought twice about tackling this. In the Honda world the CRX is very simple in comparison to others. And i've been wanting to get into the race track for a long time. So here I come
thanks!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like a fun project. You won't have to be too picky with it since it's going to be a track car. Myself, I'm restoring a 1991½ CRX Special Edition that was neglected by the previous owner. I'm telling ya, the next project I undertake is *NOT* going to be a restoration. It's fun and all, but it's a slow-going and very picky process.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:28 AM
In a Junkyard near you.

Still making progress. Got all of the a/c components out and more of the engine bay stripped down. The head is about to make a trip to the machine shop. The bottom end may get sleeved, but definately pistons and rods.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good deal. Can't wait to see some more progress pics.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:50 AM

bump for updates!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Fresh Pics (MooGoCow3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MooGoCow3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I worked for two days straight and this is what I came up with....

What do ya think? ??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey... that's Barry's car.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:14 AM

i would atleast get the block checked for dimensions due to all the heat.

I assume you have welding skills, why not get a HF roof?

dont forget to brace the roof posts before removing it if you do.

what engine are you going with? d16a6 to stay in the stock class?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any progress on this beast?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya, it's been almost a month, did you give up?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy

I just saw the part about the Carbon roof. there is no reason that wouldn't wok fine. The top skin is just a skin the support is in the pillars, and what not. Use a pannel bond adheasive such as fusor adheasive, and just glue it in where the old spotwelds were. check this link:

http://www.performanceforum.co....html

Quick Reply: Project fireball! Pics inside (56k not so bad)