Notices

obd1 conversion o2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd1 conversion o2 sensor

Hey i know the how to do the obd1 conversion, on the conversion harness theres the 4 wires that go to the 4 wire o2 sensor but i was wondering what i would do with the old 1 wire 02 sensor clip?
Old 06-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: obd1 conversion o2 sensor

anybody? i need this answered also!!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lunalink
anybody? i need this answered also!!
glade im not the only one tried searching kinda hard cause doesnt count o2 in the searches lol and all the other write ups like rywire doesnt mention anything about it
Old 06-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know..its pretty dumb, but what can you do but ask..you're asking about the 4wire o2?
Old 06-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just leave the old connector hang. it doesn't need to hook up to anything.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that wouldn't be an option because im swapping in a b16 and i have a air/fuel guage i want to hook up. Besides im running a non chipped P28 and i want my vtec to kick in..
Old 06-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you're using a stock z6 mapped p28 to run your b16? well thats going to be a problem right there, i can assure you. not sure what that has to do with whether or not your vtec kicks in though.

i dont understand however why you think you need the stock 1 wire o2 to hook up a craptastic narrowband gauge. all you need is the one 4 wire o2 for the p28. and if you want to hook up that gauge just splice into the signal wire off that o2.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why is running that p28 going to be a problem? me CEL code is on and they told me that vtec doesn't kick in if its on, idk if that's true or not..i have the 4wire but have no clue where to hook it up to, if you have any info on that, It would really help
Old 06-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a o2 code will still let vtec work. At least it does on my 99 si
Old 06-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well then why isnt my vtec kicking in? i have an 88 dx CRX with a d16z6 obd0 to obd1 conversion..any clues on why my vtec doesnt kick?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check all your wiring
did you make you ownr conversion harness or buy one?

have you read about stock d16z6 vtec feel before?

somtimes in can be not noticable are you thinking vtec is supposed to activate and throw you in to your seat? if so then your vtec may be working but its jsut not working like you thought it would.

you should check your wiring check out some of the vtec diagrams from spooner tuner for you z6 maybe you got a bad vtec solinoid dont jsut rely on forums( although they are freakin helpful) do your own research and you may find the problem.

http://www.spoonertuner.com/manuals?...9&Redirected=Y

6th one down ( has the d16z6 engine in their) maybe that will help
Old 06-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

o.k kool thanx for the help..im going to take a look at his and check my solinoid tomorrow morning..any other suggestion or comments to take into consideration?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lunalink
why is running that p28 going to be a problem? me CEL code is on and they told me that vtec doesn't kick in if its on, idk if that's true or not..i have the 4wire but have no clue where to hook it up to, if you have any info on that, It would really help
The 4wire should go from your exhaust manifold to the four extra wires on the conversion harness. That is if you used a conversion harness.

Originally Posted by Crx Jimmy
a o2 code will still let vtec work. At least it does on my 99 si
I'm not too sure that is right. When I first did my mini-me with the a6 block/z6 head I had the a6 manifold on there until my friend sold me his old dc sports header with the port for the sensor. It obviously threw a code and I never took it into vtec until after the code was taken care of. Personally I would not drive my car hard whenever the CEL is on, but I am a worry wart and barely dog it as it is. I am pretty sure vtec will not throw regardless of the code, atleast on the P28. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Usually vtec will not engage especially when you are throwing a fuel related code, such as o2, map sensor, etc. Hell VTEC won't kick in if it notices it doesn't have enough oil in the car to run it. If honda didn't make VTEC check everything under the sun before it would be able to engage properly, there would be alot of blown motors out there lol.

OP if you used a conversion harness use the 4 wires to hook up the 4 wire o2 that you can get at an autoparts store for a 92+ integra or a 92-95 civic EX/SI or Del Sol.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my friend my harness straight obd1 cut the obd0 plugs and wired everything and put the obd1 plugs, he left some extra wires out but i never understood why? i have a 1 wire 02 sensor on it right now.do you guys have a wirite-up or pics on what wires to connect the 4wire 02 too? thanx.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds liek your friend does not totally know what he is doing

i made my own conversion harenss in my mini me swap and there should not be any wires left(wheter it home made or retail) obd1 fuel injectors should not be used at all( just in case)

if you take a pik of you setup people may be able to tell you waht wires a which based on the ones not hooked up( im sure i could) or if you want i can link you to a bunch of ecu and wiring diagrams based on an obd0 and a obd1(p28) ecu for the wire conversion's n such

but nothing should be left as for wires. everything odb0 will attach to the odb1 hook up and you will have other wires for your vtec, o2 sensor, cel.

im trying to understand what you wrote but do you mea your friend wires up everything like your dizzy n such for obd1? or left them odb0??
Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

he did everything obd1, he said he left wires out incase i decide to get a vtec controller but i dont trust him.i stopped talking to him which was a wise choice..he didnt hook up my 4 wire 02 sensor..go to my build thread so you can see how my wiring is.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/lets-see-how-my-crx-build-goes-2598720/
Old 06-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is your VTEC solenoid/Oil Pressure switch even hooked up as you said he left out the VTEC wire incase you wanted to run a controller?

If the harness was orginally obd0 and he cut those plugs off and replaced them with obd1 connectors, you still have to run 4 wires for the o2 sensor.

Orange/Black - Heater (ECU A6)
Grey(WHITE) - Signal (ECU D14)
Yellow/Black - Injector 12 Volt
Green/White - Ground

^ According to the OBD0-OBD1 make your own jumper harness in the FAQ section.

those are the 4 wires you need to hookup for your 4 wire o2.

Last edited by dephtone; 06-30-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah it is, but idk WTF is wrong with it..
Old 07-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ouch it hurts

just saw your build thred man crx is looking nice but the wiring i had a small heart attack(not really)

alright so juding by 3 piks you posted of those wires i can deffnetly help you out the only catch is your gonna ahve to take some piks 4 me and i can tell you which wire is what( you can do it as well with these links ill post)

but its you call if you want me to ill need 6 pictures 3 of the obd1 connectos(pin side) and 3 of the same but wire side and spred the wires( just so i can open the piks in paint or something and poist them back as to waht pin number they are and what wire is waht etc)

juding by what i saw that guy that did the wiring i really feel like he ahd no idea what he was doing casue when you make you own obd1 conversion harness you ahve to add 3-4 extra wires in to the obd1 connectors ( well at least i had to and ive made quite a few of them and had to add each time)

deffently looks like there is no vtec hooked up based on a quick judgmen call threw the piks of the wires colors and the o2 (like you are saying) and a few other things

there will be 1-2 wires that dont need to be hooked up reason being as they are a N/A (not avaliable) application wire meaning they dont have any purpose you can remove them or if you ever plan to move or add to the ecu in some way keeping them in hidden is also a choice

anyways here are those links if you wanan go at her your self if not hit me up with some piks

http://www.phearable.net/tech/mil/readcodes.html >> this is teh cell hook up for you obd0-obd1 swap you can leave it like this OR you can get a flick switch and install that some were in you rex so if you throw a code instead of rippin up the carpet n such you can just hit the switch and the cel will start flshing its codes

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring...schematics.gif >> p28 ecu wiring diagram(obd1) use for wiring comparision in colors to connectors as well for wiring up your home made conversion harness

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/obd1pinremoval.jpg >> how to on wire pin removal( i find it very tuff and frustrating so if you do its normal)

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring...owerwiring.jpg >> shock tower plugs if you going for the clean look and if your even using the obd1 show towers plugs if not ignore this link

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/wiring.88-91.jpg >> obd1 ecu pinout for comparision and home made conversion harness

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/wiring.92-95.jpg >> good lil peice of info for the b-series

http://www.boosted.org/ecu/simple.txt >> quick conversion and splice tables for the home made harness

http://www.boosted.org/ecu/COMPLETE.txt >> complete conversion and splice tables for the harness if you have problems or are confused hit me up with a pm i STRONGLY suggest you take your sweet time and check double check and check again your wiring match ups. Having to come back due to a wrong wires being spliced UBER sucks

hopefully this helps

here's one of my conversion harness jsut for kicks ( ya i know bulky but i ahve other things tied in

(before compeltion)

(done)
obd1

obd1-obd2 harness

(mind the other wires, for my heater control etc)
Old 08-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

o2 sensor ground on obd1 pinouts is D22

can i connect the o2 sensor ground on ( A23 or A26 or B2 ) ?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gabrielsousa
o2 sensor ground on obd1 pinouts is D22

can i connect the o2 sensor ground on ( A23 or A26 or B2 ) ?
Why would you even do that? just hook it up to D22 just like you know you should.

You replied to 5 threads that have been inactive for over a year and none even talk about the issue that you are working on.
Next time consider starting your own thread - just one post that directly addresses your question.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Trial User

I have the same problem I have 3 hooked up for the 4 wire o2 but it says d22 is ground but the wire doesn't run through the harness like the other 3 do