need new mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:09 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need new mounts.

old mounts are rusty and dry rotted from being 20 years old. where is a reliable source I can get some mounts for my D16? I thought about OEM but I will be pushing 300hp or more so a little extra cushion can't hurt. plus I think hasport/innovative mounts look good and I want a clean bay. anyways where can I order these from a reliable source? doesnt have to be innovative or hasport that is just all I have found so far , and by the looks of hasport's website I cant find the d series mounts just d to b mounts or d to k mounts.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: need new mounts.

bump
Old 07-28-2009, 11:41 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

bump 2
Old 07-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could try filling your old mounts with window weld (napa and other parts stores sell it). it's very stiff too. i made a custom front mount for my swap and it worked great.
and its very cheap if you dont mind the work.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would use the innovative, they have proven that they will withstand the ~300hp that you are going to throw at them. Plus you can choose the stiffness of the mounts to what tailor to your needs.

For the extra 200 bucks you will spend on the mounts, they are a good peace of mind, as they are well made and you won't have to worry about if the mounts are going to be stiff enough so your motor doesn't flex and end up going through the radiator or worse, falling out in general.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

saw those but only place google led me to was advancespeedshop.com and noone knows who they are so I dunno if I should order through them , know anyone reliable and legit to order these from?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=19151

order them straight from Innovative..
Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

that works.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There ya go then!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:12 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

thanks buddy
Old 07-28-2009, 02:07 PM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

we have stock replacement mounts for the d-series in the 88-91s

http://hasport.com/shop/product_info...roducts_id=169
Old 07-29-2009, 05:34 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Hasport
we have stock replacement mounts for the d-series in the 88-91s

http://hasport.com/shop/product_info...roducts_id=169
Ihear people raving about these mounts alot but really whats the difference to the innovative mounts... for 125$ less I can get the innovative ones. I mean they use the same material correct? I donno , not saying they are bad. I would just need a deal to want to buy those. PM me what you have to offer , Right now I am going with innovative if you give me a fair price I would consider straying the other way. also , on the rear mount...in the picture it looks like it only uses 2 bolts whereas the stock uses 3. the first 2 and the "bitch bolt" where you have to undo the crossmember to even dream about sticking a toque wrench in there.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

the innovative billet mount kit retails for $299
the innovative steel mount kit retails for $199

our EFSTK kit retails for $299 and is billet aluminum with a lifetime warranty
we do not offer any steel mount kits at this time
Old 07-29-2009, 08:52 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

thanks for clearing that up. I may just do my own mounts. Like I said PM me if you want to offer a better deal. but I can't justify spending 300 on mounts. I could make my own for 100. they may not be pretty but their would be no difference in "performance" . thanks for letting me know though.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ if you knew you can make your own mounts then why would you post a thread?

you FAIL! in every way imaginable!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Someone earlier in the thread suggested to fill his mounts to make them stiffer, hes had an option to do that from the beginning as it was the 2nd response to the post. I assume he was looking to see if he could get some decent mounts for a pretty good price.

I'v had both Innovative and Hasport mounts in my cars and I would choose noone else to go to for my mount purchasing needs.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:15 AM
crazy mad murdock

just so its also clear from Innovative's web site:
"Replacment mount kit for 1988-1991 Honda Civic or CRX. Designed to fit all FIRST GEN. D-Series motors with cable transmission. Positions the motor in the factory location with no axle bind. Unique no-tear vibration minimizing bushings. CAD/CAM Designed. Stress Analyzed. Lifetime warranty."

I never bought from either company.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i know..but theyre giving him good options on mounts yet he throws thwm out the window..he said he's running 300 + hp on his car but wont save to buy some gooed and descent mounts. i just bought some innovated mounts yesterday for $100 off a dude on CL.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
crazy mad murdock

Originally Posted by lunalink
yeah i know..but theyre giving him good options on mounts yet he throws thwm out the window..he said he's running 300 + hp on his car but wont save to buy some gooed and descent mounts. i just bought some innovated mounts yesterday for $100 off a dude on CL.
just being clear on the life time warranty part that is all. Only the op really knows if he's going to actually make 300hp. Personally I love HAsport but thats because I secretly had a crush on locash as a kid...soooo cuuuutteee
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

^^ if you knew you can make your own mounts then why would you post a thread?

you FAIL! in every way imaginable!
Yeah your an idiot GTFO. I can make my own yes. I asked what aftermarket mounts are out there and who would be a legit site to order from. You sir FAIL. hard ****in core dude. read the thread before you flame someone cuz I think most people would agree your post was meaningless.

I wasnt throwing them out the window lol!!!! I was simply trying to get a good deal. like you or anyone would! I preffer hasport because IMO I have seen a few setups much larger than mine and a buddy of mine has some on his K series crx and he loves them. I didnt see Regular D mounts on hasport when I looked so thats why I was wondering. I will probably go with the Hasport. I wouldnt really make my own with the window **** I want a CLEAN setup , I just wanted to see how much the markup on these are and if I could get free overnight shipping or something outta the deal.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Either way you look at it, both Hasport and Innovative make mounts that work very well hence why alot of people use them.

In my personal opinion, Hasport is a little flashy for my liking, but I am not a huge fan of billet. Don't get me wrong though, I love the hasport mounts that came in my honda, I'm a believer in function > form.

OP: Good luck with which ever route you decide to go with, whether it be the Hasports or just filling your old stock ones.. Also if you aren't completely 100% on buying new mounts, Energy Suspension makes replacement poly urethane bushing replacements for D series Civic/CRX motor mounts found here : http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...?prod=85068507 $22.99 for the left and right motor mount and 17.99 for the front and the rear bushings. http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...p?prod=16.1104

Last edited by dephtone; 07-29-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: fixed for errors
Old 07-29-2009, 11:55 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by csingham
just being clear on the life time warranty part that is all. Only the op really knows if he's going to actually make 300hp. Personally I love HAsport but thats because I secretly had a crush on locash as a kid...soooo cuuuutteee
thanks for clearing up the lifetime warranty. we do not sell innovative so I do not know the specifics on them.
i can get you joes number. he loves adoring fans.

Originally Posted by 8VEYBEYB
I wasnt throwing them out the window lol!!!! I was simply trying to get a good deal. like you or anyone would! I preffer hasport because IMO I have seen a few setups much larger than mine and a buddy of mine has some on his K series crx and he loves them. I didnt see Regular D mounts on hasport when I looked so thats why I was wondering. I will probably go with the Hasport. I wouldnt really make my own with the window **** I want a CLEAN setup , I just wanted to see how much the markup on these are and if I could get free overnight shipping or something outta the deal.
to the OP you can check with any of our dealers or on ebay to find a better deal on the mounts.

we sell at retail in order to not compete with our dealers.

Originally Posted by dephtone
Either way you look at it, both Hasport and Innovative make mounts that work very well hence why alot of people use them.

In my personal opinion, Hasport is a little flashy for my liking, but I am not a huge fan of chrome. Don't get me wrong though, I love the hasport mounts that came in my honda, I'm a believer in function > form.
hasport mounts are billet not chrome
Old 07-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hasport mounts are billet not chrome
fixed*
Old 07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can just go and get them from jdmcarboy.com they have 3-4 different mounts..hasport, innovative, and jdmcarboy mounts, and you can choose your bushing types and what finish you want them or a good price you're welcome hav a nice day
Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

jdmcarboy is not an official shop! anyone who refers anyone to that site in not familiar with what is going on. or is a big fail.

Quick Reply: need new mounts.