Notices

need details on how trim/molding along top of outside of door goes on ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need details on how trim/molding along top of outside of door goes on ??

i have 90 crx, and i just need some more explanation for how that top trim or molding piece attaches that goes along top edge on the outside of the door,

i know from the diagram there is one bolt securing it near the front, and it says theres clips or something ? but i am a little confused though and not sure if i'm missing clips or what?

the way mine is, you can take it right off the edge of the top of the door and its just all loose ???, the only part attached it seems is near the front (probly where that bolt is), so how would this supposed to "clip" on and hold in place properly ???

i locked my keys in the car one time and i paid this guy 20 bucks to get in my car, and he used a slimjim or something and it got that trim piece loose and its been like that since, but it was fine before that, but now its not in place correctly and interfering with the window rolling up so i need to fix it so its on the right way.

there is a diagram of the area i'm talking about in this post if you scroll down a little, and its part #7 or 10 : https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...t=DOOR+MOLDING

i don't understand, is there just one clip ? or several different clips that hold it on ???

any details on this would help me, thanks

Last edited by crxaddikt; 03-28-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: made changes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need details on how trim/molding along top of outside of door goes on ??

There white clips and from memory there's five or six
Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need details on how trim/molding along top of outside of door goes on ??

thanks JORDS,

also can i just ask you, would it be obvious if i were to be missing those clips??, i mean are they way inside of the trim piece ? or easy to see from looking inside it ?

and remember you can just lift up my trim piece, off the top of the door edge almost removing it with ease, so therefore i'm assuming my clips are probably gone, otherwise it would probably be able to snap tight into place?

and could i secure it any other way? such as using any type of adhesive? or screwing it in?

thanks for any more input,
- Jon
Old 03-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

most likely broken plastic clips (mine broke when I removed old pcs to install some brand new ones) Dealer sells them... (there's also one screw under rear view mirrors @ front of "glass reveal" trim pc-you'll see once mirror is removed)
Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BIGZ, thanks, cause i was wondering where that screw was located, even know i saw the pic in the parts diagram, i was looking all around that area and pulling the trim up to look underneath and stuff and could'nt find where it was, so at least you gave me the details on how to access it, i have never removed a side mirror before but looks easy after seeing the steps in the helms manual, so now i finally understand how that stupid trim thing goes on and where the clips and screw is, thanks to the replies.

i love this site, i don't know what i would do without it, i just know i am able to get answers to any type of question i have pretty quickly, usually i make a post one night and i already have the answers from replies by noon the next day, otherwise i would be reasearching all over the internet and looking at books and stuff or calling mechanic friends, and i'm sure it would take lot longer to find answers i want.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it does suck that the little things i've been trying to work on my car lately are'nt "improvements", or "projects" or anything, and instead are just trying to fix stuff that thieves damaged when breaking in,.............. replacing clips and grommets and things that supposed to be there but are'nt because of dumbass car installer guys in the past who were too lazy to put everything back together properly & trying to get rid of random door open beeping noises, etc .. . .

i realise the things you have to get done on your car are'nt always going to be "fun things", but lately i'm dealing with more things that have to do with the car getting pretty old, and its like i seem to always be messing with something, and weird thing is i think theres a part of me that likes to have a used older car, so i always have "something to be messing with on it", cause i was thinking the other day how it would be having a pretty new car thats a honda or acura, and i might go crazy cause everything would already be done, and nothing needing fixing, so i would'nt have anything to do on it, and i would probaby start improvising and making up creative un-necessary stuff to do on it, which is probably a bad thing, lol, so really i don't want another car yet or a newer one,

when i say its one thing after the other, i just mean small to medium things to fix, but when it comes down to the main components, the ZC dohc has been totally reliable since its swap in 2003 and my starter is rebuilt to new and starts great everytime, and original Si transmission has 233,000 and can't believe still running strong, except need to change fluid, kind of has little grind on 3rd gear if going through the gears hard into the higher rpms, also the exedy clutch i got on ebay for 100 bucks in 2003 is still strong and hasnt gone out yet!! so i definately will get that same clutch again next time around.

i always have a list of stuff to do on it, and i never have a period where all the stuff on the list is all done and clear, lol, but it does'nt mean its a crappy car, its just 21 yrs old so i guess its normal to have lots of things to do, but more so if you are somone like me who tries to avoid taking car to shops and try to do most stuff myself, unless its frame stuff or alignment shop stuff,

little things like a rattling sunroof panel while in open position, squeaky hatch area, master cylinder bad & need replacing, need all 4 brake pads, rear wheel bearings need replacing, both windows popping off the tracks and even know i fixed it, it came out of tab several months later, trim stuff coming loose, hatch struts shot and need to always rest hatch on my head, my cargo panel stuff needs to be attached better after breakin cause they ripped the front one out and i made one out of wood and painted black, i don't have any radio since they stole that, i have been suffering with no A/C in texas since it went out around 2005, and i still have'nt got it fixed even though its just electrical and components are fine, my alarm which i got originally in 98 is going a little haywire, the tint i got in 98 is faded a lot more but not bubbling or pealing which means they did a good job,

really what i was trying to say at the top (which i forgot to), was that i just kind of miss working on cool stuff such as modifications, tuning car up real nice, installing stereo stuff, detailing it etc. . .., cause really those are things that are more secondary and since the car has gotten a lot older, i usually always have several "priority" type things that need to be done before doing the "fun" type of stuff, etc . . .. ... .

sorry, did'nt mean to go off on such a long tangent, guess im just wired from coffee, and felt the need to type away lol, but really if you read this far then you obviously did'nt mind reading it, cause nobody has to read it if they don't want to.