Notices

My 91 CRX build thread... Everyone is doing it...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 91 CRX build thread... Everyone is doing it...

Alright, everyone is doing it... So, I figured I would add my 1991 CRX build since it will be fun to share some EF love with all yalls. Here is the a little background... I just picked up this CRX from my brother-in-law about a week and a half ago. I live in Washington and he lives in northern Utah. He has had this car for the last 14/15 years and has kept pretty good car of it. All the major maintenance has been done along with other little stuff to keep it running well. So, I've had a boner for this thing for the last 10 years, always asking the dude when he was gonna sell me his CRX. Well, finally... after a long long wait... it is mine! My buddy Aaron and I flew out from Portland to SLC about a week and a half ago and drove it home the 750 miles all in one day. It only cost about $50 in gas as it got over 44 mpgs (and this is a DX CRX.. not an HF) I was really impressed. We also used 2 quarts of oil on the way home too! lol It is bone stock other than the intake and plug wires (I made him buy like 8 years ago lol)

So, this is going to be a complete overhaul project. I will post pics along the way. This will be a garage queen car and not be driven in the rain. Everything is getting cleaned, repainted, replaced or refurbished with OE, new or aftermarket parts. The plan is to do a built D16z6 with some healthy boost... It should be fun and I will update with photos when I do something worth sharing. Let the fun begin!

A little fun on the way home in the middle of no where Oregon!

Stocky!

Outside

Inside

Got bored last Saturday night! the inside now:

Also a steal of a find I picked up last Saturday as one of the first upgrades... I will tear these apart, clean, repaint and rebuilt them... a pic will follow:

Thats all I have time for right now. I took most of the rest of the interior apart last night and started to clean it all. Hopefully, I will have it all sprayed gloss black by this weekend... I will take a pic of that.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My 91 CRX build thread... Everyone is doing it...

What motor are you gonna put in it?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice looking base to go off of. Treat her nice and she will love you back. Haha.

Originally Posted by JeffBro
What motor are you gonna put in it?
Reading owns you.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do i need big glass? the pics r too way smaller like asian ones...

btw, great start to do ur project rex. good luck
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool project! Why are the pics so small?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahaha I love the first response! and then the 2nd response flaming the first response.

CLASSIC.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by asianflava
Cool project! Why are the pics so small?
ahhh! I'm having issues with my pic storage. Photobucket is kinda the crap bucket right now. Still learning how to use google albums and I figured out that I can go to the advanced tab and upload them bigger too. I am going to do an ImageShack account tonight and repost some pics bigger. Sorry guys... I'm a member on a couple other forums and I did not have this issue, but I'll get it figured out.

I will have more pics to post in the next day or two... BTW asianflava.. reading your projects thread got me off my butt last night and into the garage... got the whole back washed, degreased, super clean and took more of the interior apart. Werd!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=EFSedanMan;43654895]Nice looking base to go off of. Treat her nice and she will love you back. Haha.

Yeah, I have owned 2 other EF's.. a hatch and sedan... they were good. I'm excited to finally have a CRX. I love these cars and they are making a comback now in a new form lol.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck bro! I wish the hatch i was doin now was a crx, i love a crx! Have fun with her.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vtecrich
Good luck bro! I wish the hatch i was doin now was a crx, i love a crx! Have fun with her.
fun indeed... I've been waiting 10 years for this car.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That crx is clean. i woulda went to utah to pick it up too lol. im subscribing to this cause its gonna be good!

Originally Posted by vtecrich
Dont hate on your hatch you got a nice thing goin with that project.... but i too wish i had a crx right about now.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah it better turn out cool your using my color.

I also have a bag of misc engine connectors from my H22 and D15 that I left about 2 inches of wire on each one to reuse and sleeve along with attach a new engine harness too to make it as good if not better then my harness.

I'll bring them into work tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by likwidchz
Yeah it better turn out cool your using my color.

I also have a bag of misc engine connectors from my H22 and D15 that I left about 2 inches of wire on each one to reuse and sleeve along with attach a new engine harness too to make it as good if not better then my harness.

I'll bring them into work tomorrow.
Werd up on dee connectors! lol... your color is baller.... why wouldn't I want to use it! ha! Also, you will have personal time invested in my CRS... so yes... I know it will be cool as your million dollar ideas blow my mind!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright ladies and gents! I tried to go to bed last night aaaaaand, it did not work out as I could think about was the CRX sitting in the garage and it was only 10:45pm.. sssoooooooo.... I got the rest of the interior out. Beware kids.... this has nudity in it! She is naked!
Attached Images     
Old 09-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by prelude182
That crx is clean. i woulda went to utah to pick it up too lol. im subscribing to this cause its gonna be good!

Dont hate on your hatch you got a nice thing goin with that project.... but i too wish i had a crx right about now.

BTW, she is really straight, barely any dings. Only one little rust area where the rear bumper meets the quarter and I can see from the inside of the car that it has not gone through. WERD!! $800 was a good buy IMO. CRX's FTW!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn you lucked out on the interior being so intact-ed. I just recently bought a crx myself. 600 dollars got me a running registered non driving vehicle. Mine was missing the whole trunk cover; I have discovered is a difficult piece to source. I already dropped a GSR I had laying around in. I probably will start my own build thread once I start on the body work (of which it needs alot of cosmetic work)

GL on your build
Old 10-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JeffBro
Damn you lucked out on the interior being so intact-ed. I just recently bought a crx myself. 600 dollars got me a running registered non driving vehicle. Mine was missing the whole trunk cover; I have discovered is a difficult piece to source. I already dropped a GSR I had laying around in. I probably will start my own build thread once I start on the body work (of which it needs alot of cosmetic work)

GL on your build
Hey thanks! I have the trunk pieces that I may be willing to sell. I don't know if I want to use them. Let me know if you are interested in them.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All I gotta say is.... The STIG RULEZ!! Top gear is THE BEST entertainment on television today - bar none!

Good luck with the build - keep this pictures coming.

BTW, I assume those are Integra Trailing Arms...? What year car and how much?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ChR1sCRX
All I gotta say is.... The STIG RULEZ!! Top gear is THE BEST entertainment on television today - bar none!

Good luck with the build - keep this pictures coming.

BTW, I assume those are Integra Trailing Arms...? What year car and how much?
Why Yes! the Stig is my hero! Top Gear is the best show... almost ever! You would be correct guessing that those are integra trailing arms. Got them off a 92 teggy, got the whole shabangy... lines, ebrake cables and prop valve 40/40. I also got the master and booster. I got all of it for a buck-fifty. Plus the dude gave me a Integra throttle body for free. It works!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Number 1 LOL
Attached Images   
Old 10-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Updates .. updates... Well, spent a bunch of time in the garage last night... was up until 4:30am and my kids woke up at 7:30am.... go figure TIRED... but I got the whole back of my CRX primed and painted a nice gloss black... check it out... no more nasty maroon (no offense to the dudes that like that maroon)
Attached Images   
Old 10-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was gonna say pick up some dry ice and lay it on that sound deadner for a half hour then chip it off, do that for the area by the seats , the stuff blasts off when its cold and is easy cleanup.

If you try and take it off at room temp its a bloody mess and its sir'sticks'alot to your screwdriver/scraper.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by likwidchz
I was gonna say pick up some dry ice and lay it on that sound deadner for a half hour then chip it off, do that for the area by the seats , the stuff blasts off when its cold and is easy cleanup.

If you try and take it off at room temp its a bloody mess and its sir'sticks'alot to your screwdriver/scraper.
ugh... the sound deadened sucks donkey! I have wondered what would be an effective way of getting it off. I will have to try that! NEAT!

Well, my trip to the Pick n' Pull today was very fruitful. I found my big brake swap or the front. I was walking through and could not believe my eyes... untouched and in perfect condish. I'll have to clean em up, repaint and rebuild them and it will be saaaweet! CRX will stop mo betta! Also, there was an 89 Teggy front lip there chillin if anyone is looking for a lip for their EF... werd!
Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn nice find!!

Wondering with what did you paint the back of it?

Spray paint??
Old 10-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I used a nice spray enamel... you can find them at autobody stores and they are basically a single stage paint in a can. Worked well for the interior, but the whole outside of the project will be painted with a 2 stage, base clear.

Quick Reply: My 91 CRX build thread... Everyone is doing it...