Notices

Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers.

I didn't think Moton made shocks for CRXes, but I was on King's site, and saw that they offer up to their 4-ways in an application for the CRX. Is anybody on here using these? They are a little pricey, but I know RTR uses them on their cars, so they must be awesome. I am looking for a good coilover, and I've always heard they are the best. Here is the link for those who don't know:

http://www.kingmotorsports.com...at=44
Old 04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers. (CRXBart)

A little pricey? This proves you K-Series EFer's are crazy On the matter at hand, I don't think you'll get any better suspension out there, but on the street I don't see it out performing something 10% of the price because you just can't push it to that limit. Now on a road course where ever tenth counts thats where this would shine. But I really do think you would have to have some serious datalogging capabilities to maximize the effectiveness of these shocks.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers. (dr_latino999)

Yes the advantages would probably never be seen on a street car. If they are advantageous enough to justify being 8.6k more then Koni Race then I will be interested.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers. (dr_latino999)

Penske's are just as good if not better...for less $$

In my opinion
Old 04-11-2007, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers. (EF_LSVtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF_LSVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Penske's are just as good if not better...for less $$

In my opinion</TD></TR></TABLE>

All the Penske's I have found appear to be for race cars, and have rod ends on each side. Do they make anything that fits a Honda, without fabrication?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea what you use your car for... but it is unlikely that it is at the point where you will come out on top after looking into the cost/gain from that type of suspension.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bart is such a baller (and I'm jealous).

Honestly tho, that's overkill for the rex.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it is possible to get over your head with these. the 4 way Motons, aren't the "4-way" you are probably thinking of (as in 4 settings for damping force). The 4 way motons have seperate adjustments for low speed compression damping, high speed compression damping, low speed rebound damping, and high speed rebound damping. Professional race teams have suspension engineers set up shocks like these. its not really something your average club racer can tackle.

On top of that, they are designed to work within the small range of travel that race cars have, and might not even be suitable for a street driven car. IMO, you'd be getting in way over your head with these, and wouldn't be able to set them up properly.

I'd just stick with the koni race + GC tophats setup.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers. (mike-y)

Moton can make anything you want. But I would say the 4-ways are indeed the top of the line and ment for full out race cars. If you want to do both street and track set up you could go with the Moton Club Sports (2-way adjustible). Or maybe even step up to the Moton Motor Sports 3-ways. Either way its your money in the end, and if you have it, go for it. If you are seriously interested I would email Moton and talk with them.

Also there are other Options like EF_LSVtec said. Penski and JRZ and I am sure a ton of others. What you need to do is decide if they are really going to benefit you, but the bling is always nice too.

I do have emails addys to both Moton and JRZ as I have been looking at both for my Mitsubishi Evolution. If you want them, send me a PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers. (bryant)

You know you guys are probably right. I will probably be over my head with those. I understand the low, speed, and high speed, compression, and rebound. I used to race motocross quads, and my ohlins were 4way adjustable. I had them pretty dialed, but it took forever. All I did back then was go to school, work on the quad and race. I don't have that kinda time, anymore. In the end, I suppose Konis, win in just about every series hondas compete in, so I will probably stay at that.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not baller enough.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fixed
Old 04-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers. (ludesrv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludesrv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Fixed </TD></TR></TABLE>

It just doesn't make sense. Buy Motons, or buy Koni Race, and a E36 M3 for a daily. You feel me? I'm sure the Konis will be ample.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm sure the Konis will be ample. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Moton 4-way adjustable coilovers. (CRX Toad)

Koni's are fine...I know cuz I have em on my car. But now I'm looking to upgrade from a single (rebound only) adjustability to two-way. So I'd suggest to look for something with at least rebound and dampening adjustability.

Koni's have lifetime warranty though