Notices

me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum.

as posted in the FS/WTB thread...

the members of this forum really need to read the rules for this thread. you MUST make a thread in the classified forum before you can make a post in this thread. if you don't do that, your post WILL BE DELETED.

fyi, i just went through and deleted about 20 posts from this thread. if your post is deleted, its b/c you didn't make a thread in the classified or if you did, you didn't post a link to it in the post you made.

i don't have time to baby sit this thread. it needs to be self sufficient. if you sell the part(s) you had forsale, please delete your post in this thread. i have IM'd people over the last week about their posts, and about 50% of them are no longer valid.

if this thread can't get in better shape, it will be deleted and no FS posts will be allowed in this forum. you guys asked for the thread and i made one, now hold up your end of the bargain.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum. (breaka_1_9)

yes i am going crazy, responding to my own topic...

more to add:

members: please only make one fs/wtb post. if you make a post of some parts for sale, then a few weeks later or so have more parts for sale, either edit your original post, or add the "old" parts for sale to the "new" parts for sale. we don't need more than 1 post per member.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could just sticky the thread and every month delete it and make a new one,
Old 03-18-2003, 07:47 AM

Default Re: me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum. (slowpokesi)

you could just sticky the thread and every month delete it and make a new one,
but then the people that posted at like the last day of the month would lose their post. If only there was a way that after a post has been there for a month it could be deleted, but that would be way to much work. People are just gonna have to appriciate it more, after your parts are sold, delete your post, and just follow the rules everyone, make it easier for everyone else.

edit: spelling

[Modified by Hcivic88, 8:48 AM 3/18/2003]
Old 03-18-2003, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i am going crazy, responding to my own topic...

more to add:

members: please only make one fs/wtb post. if you make a post of some parts for sale, then a few weeks later or so have more parts for sale, either edit your original post, or add the "old" parts for sale to the "new" parts for sale. we don't need more than 1 post per member.
insanity at its best
Old 03-18-2003, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what about the idea of waht iactually and some people do
just edit ur signature.... add the few items that u selling and price... as u sell, just edit ur sig.... and since the sig has a 500 caracter max load., it shouldnt get that out of hands
Old 03-18-2003, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum. (USDM 4G VTEC)

you would still need to do some kind of editing your post since you might not always have parts for sale...
Old 03-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you search for a car or parts by location? I looked through a couple of pages in the classifieds and gave up because you have to click on every item to see where it's at. It looks like everything is just thrown in together.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:17 AM

Default Re: me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum. (crex23)

Can you search for a car or parts by location? I looked through a couple of pages in the classifieds and gave up because you have to click on every item to see where it's at. It looks like everything is just thrown in together.
In thie (ef/crx) forum, theres both a Us Parts thread and a Canada Parts thread, so that may help you a bit, but if you're looking for something specifically in your area, just keep clicking.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:45 AM

Default Re: me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum. (Hcivic88)

cant we just pay a little more attention to what we are selling as we sell it and edit the post like Breaka said... It doesnt seem that hard to me... I mean if you sell it you dont need to sell it again... to me it would seem like a bother to have people IMing me about stuff i dont have anymore...
Old 03-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey thats fine for me the more you delete the less that are in there so the more mine will be seen
Old 03-18-2003, 11:08 AM

Default Re: me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum. (Vinceg99)

well, since you can easily recreate your ad (copy and paste into a new reply), i think after a month, your post should be deleted. so it's up to you to recreate the post at least once every month. that would make admining it easier and keep all the ads mroe up to date.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum. (serious)

well, since you can easily recreate your ad (copy and paste into a new reply), i think after a month, your post should be deleted. so it's up to you to recreate the post at least once every month. that would make admining it easier and keep all the ads mroe up to date.
Thats really isnt a bad idea cause like you said its easy (just copy and paste) and plus while your at it you could update your post and get rid of or add things that are sold or now for sale. I personally when scanning through the for sale ads dont like to see a long post in which half of them say sold after the part. If its sold why not just take it off the list??!! You have to edit your post to put sold anyway so whats the big deal??!@ Now I could understand if it was something that you werent positive thast sold but then you could just put on it "pending" and make everything easier plus if you delete the sold items it makes the items that are for sale much easier to see. Just my $.02
Old 03-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum. (serious)

ya know what, i really like that idea. this should cut down on the outdated posts as well as the fs/wtb posts people make then leave h-t to never come back.

i won't go through the fs/wtb thread until tomorrow so this has an entire 24 hours to be seen by all.

Old 03-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you would still need to do some kind of editing your post since you might not always have parts for sale...
yeah but my point is.... u dont have to look around all the time for parts.... me personally dont wanna spend hrs on the FS forum and like someone else said, looking for EF specifically parts its hard....
IMO just adding on ur sig what u got for sale its more of a AD..... everytime u post it will be there and almost everybody will see it .....wich can be sold faster and better.... and once sold, get it edited...and we eliminate all this hassle.... specially for you. it will be one less topic that u will have to edit , delete and cuss at....
Old 03-18-2003, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: me bitching about the FS/WTB thread in this forum. (USDM 4G VTEC)

yeah but my point is.... u dont have to look around all the time for parts.... me personally dont wanna spend hrs on the FS forum and like someone else said, looking for EF specifically parts its hard....
IMO just adding on ur sig what u got for sale its more of a AD..... everytime u post it will be there and almost everybody will see it .....wich can be sold faster and better.... and once sold, get it edited...
i hear what you are saying. i will try what serious recommended above and see how it goes. worse comes to worse i'll axe the thread and blame it on you for the idea.

and we eliminate all this hassle.... specially for you. it will be one less topic that u will have to edit , delete and cuss at....
lol i like that!!! especially the cuss at part. heh
Old 03-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i'm at it again...

anyway, i just wanted to thank everyone for the ideas on how to deal with this thread. the reason for this thread was to get ideas from the members and its what i got. to the ef forum members.