The infamous "new" CRX? Honda's CR-Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (KrenzyRyan)

I think that it is exciting.

This is the first that I have seen pictures of the CR-Z and my first impression was a positive one as far as looks go.

From the pictures I get no hint at what sort of powerplant it may have so I didn't even think about that.

I do think that it would be smart for Honda to stick with a, economy, regular, and performance lineup as they always had with the CRXs in the HF, DX, and Si versions.

I think if they stick with that and evolve this design a bit then they will have a winner.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:43 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

^^^ You SiR get a And I think you are right.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (rsca_crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rsca_crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A. Yes, it is. And even when you look past all the gloss that will, with any luck, be deleted, you'd be looking at a car that doesn't jive well with the qualities of the crx's that we have come to love.

B. Well, that depends on what you look for in a car. If simplicity and elegance in engineering and design is what you are looking for, you've been SOL for quite a few years.

C. Ideas don't age.

Noone (well, noone worth listening to) is looking for a car that looks like a crx. This is the problem that car manufacturers can't seem to grasp lately. Yeah, the 2g crx looks hot, who cares- it's got it's current cult following *** classic car status because of what's underneath the sheet metal, both physically and ideologically.

The concept car that you double posted and continue to "swing from", unfortunately, plays to a different set of qualities. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If in the year 1983 we were of the same ages we are now, and were presented with the concept for the first gen crx for its 1984 debut, would we not view it as some radically ugly spaceship?

I agree that this will not be a true successor to our passion, but until more is known about what powers it, how heavy it is, and what potential lies within it might be a bit early to judge.

Although a bit overdone, this design seems to embody MORE of what we would want then lets say, an EP3.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side, and I still stick to my guns that they will ***** out and fail to produce it.

also, greg, when you goin back so we can execute "Secret Plan A"

AKA "doublethink likes money."

Old 10-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (doublethink)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doublethink &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If in the year 1983 we were of the same ages we are now, and were presented with the concept for the first gen crx for its 1984 debut, would we not view it as some radically ugly spaceship?

I agree that this will not be a true successor to our passion, but until more is known about what powers it, how heavy it is, and what potential lies within it might be a bit early to judge.

Although a bit overdone, this design seems to embody MORE of what we would want then lets say, an EP3.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side, and I still stick to my guns that they will ***** out and fail to produce it.

also, greg, when you goin back so we can execute "Secret Plan A"

AKA "doublethink likes money."

</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey mike- i just want to see the fundamental design ideals of the original crx evolved into something productive, rather than ending up with a car that looks right and drives wrong. note that i'm not arguing that this series of glossies looks right or wrong, or that i even care to debate aesthetics at this point.

and you've got pm

Modified by rsca_crx at 10:49 PM 10/9/2007
Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dabigshmo)

i like it, as Spee mentioned above, it shares the concept of the original CRX which is good. Kinda funny i was just thinking about someone coming up with an idea like this about 3 months ago. "New" Rex
Old 10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (misha)

Wait, so why crx-z
Old 10-09-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: (misha)

i found my cluster swap
i think it has potential and its amazing to see what honda can do. but i do hope its toned down quite a bit.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: (503_EF9)

Wow that thing has a huge *** and an ugly face.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (STREETWERKZ)

With the right motor in there I would buy it
Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vivid 02)

ehhhh.....not my cup of tea....too bulky...needs to be slimmed down.....alot!

my Q is...if this is a honda forum site..do the idea and manufactorers look at these posts????
like c'mon, this post for example..surely you can build off this and learn from it. getting other peoples opinions. getting answers from what the world wants, not what the honda plant wants, but i'm sure they do ask the people what they want.
and the majority is gas mileage.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I HIGHLY doubt that if it does make it to production, it will be a hybrid. Most likely will have the same engine range as the Civic. Honestly, I like it, My only gripe is that huge bulbous ***, If they fix that, I'll be a fan
Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 AM

that sh*t looks like a futuristic russian tank on wheel... if they make transformers 2 it could be a candidate for the movie

movie suckd by the way IMO
Old 10-10-2007, 10:09 AM

I think it looks ok. Looks better than the EP3.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xTimmyx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xTimmyx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ehhhh.....not my cup of tea....too bulky...needs to be slimmed down.....alot!

my Q is...if this is a honda forum site..do the idea and manufactorers look at these posts????
like c'mon, this post for example..surely you can build off this and learn from it. getting other peoples opinions. getting answers from what the world wants, not what the honda plant wants, but i'm sure they do ask the people what they want.
and the majority is gas mileage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said in my post on page 2, they dont really care what you have to say. Most of us dont and wont have the money to buy a new car, especially that one. For a long time. They arent making it towards the 16-25 age group. They are making it for the older people who can afford new cars. Most of us just critisize the car, but we can never afford it.

I wish they would read this, but they know exactly what they are doing to be able to get the most money out of the car. And thats not to try and impress a 20 year old who cant buy the car.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Where the wild things are in, NY, United States of America

who thinks they should just update the insight chassis and styling a bit ( real wheel archs in the back would be nice ) and put a k in it for an updated crx? it weighed in the low 1900s and had infinitely better aero then our cars...

I think it'd be badass.

edit: 800th post! *pumps fist*
Old 10-10-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: (ComeOnKip)

I wish they would remake cars and make them looks exactly like they did when they came out. Not all rounded off and "Futuristic" looking. If it was so good back then that your going to remake it, why change its look.

Yes of course there would have to be changes due to safety and emissions standards changing but it would be nice to see.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Johnny-Red)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny-Red &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish they would remake cars and make them looks exactly like they did when they came out. Not all rounded off and "Futuristic" looking. If it was so good back then that your going to remake it, why change its look.

Yes of course there would have to be changes due to safety and emissions standards changing but it would be nice to see.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah make it look the same but newer looking? plus k-series! lol
Old 10-10-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: (JAPANMUSCLE)

Mmmmm Stock CRX outa the factory with a k20, 4 wheel disc, airbags!?, maybe a....dare I say it...a cup holder!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just hope that it acctually gets to production so we can see what it will look like. then we can judge it. i think the idea of a new crx would be awesome. i've had so many and love them but there just so damn old.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dabigshmo)

I doubt it will look like that upon arrival to dealerships. And a k20 would be nice too, even if its the wack *** a3. Interior doesnt look too bad tho. Overall, Im on the edge.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:39 PM
$cat /dev/urandom

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Tyte-S)

in my opinion, this "photochop" concept is a million times better..

Old 10-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: The infamous "new" CRX? Honda's CR-Z (SlobberGoat)

Too much in the back, not enough in the front.

Too long, where the expletive did short cars go anyway?? Is everybody taking their economy cars camping now?? Do you need to move a couch? Anything longer than 170 inches is too damn long for me.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: The infamous "new" CRX? Honda's CR-Z (SlobberGoat)

this is the most exaggerated angle of the front.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb.../1148

Old 10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah i'll have to admit, its way overdone. I like it still, but I was hoping for something a little more meaner, and less round.

I like the interior pics tho. Looks pimp
Old 10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny-Red &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe a....dare I say it...a cup holder!</TD></TR></TABLE>

GTFO!

Quick Reply: The infamous "new" CRX? Honda's CR-Z