Notices

How to bolt Sparco seats into CRX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to bolt Sparco seats into CRX?

I can't seem to find any brackets that will help me out here. Is there any possible way to do this w/out major fabrication? Or should I just go w/other seats like Corbeaus that DO have bolt-in brackets?

Also, where are the best prices you guys have seen on Sparco's? Specifically, the Sprint is the seat I'm looking at - found it for $209 + shipping at one place, but shipping was pretty pricey.

Thanks,

Alex
Old 04-11-2002, 01:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How to bolt Sparco seats into CRX? (Quik89Si)

Cant'you use the original Honda brackets?
Old 04-11-2002, 05:29 AM

Default Re: How to bolt Sparco seats into CRX? (REX VT)

check out http://www.sparco.com. look under seats and their accessories and see if they have a bracket set for your car. how comfortable are those Sprint seats? i was thinking of getting a set but they look pretty stiff and straight up. using for daily driving? or just autox/race?
Old 04-11-2002, 08:54 AM

Default Re: How to bolt Sparco seats into CRX? (ckdelsol)

Yikes...I'm totally retarted, I missed that whole section. Found a seat base for the CRX right there. Thanks!

No, the Sprint is actually very comfy to me, it's got a little curve to the back and the back goes up behind my head, and I'm 6'0". I like a fairly upright seating position, so I think a N/A seat like that would be ok for me. I just love the way it holds you in place at the shoulders and the hips. Oh, and it would be for daily drivng, and autoX if I ever try it.

Do you think the regular seatbelts in the car would work with a N/A seat like that?

Thanks again,

Alex
Old 04-11-2002, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The seat bases that sparco sells (I've seen the one for the CRX, and I've used the one for the DC2) are pre-drilled for bottom-mount seats. If you get side-mount seats, you'll have to drill 4 new holes for the brackets. It's very easy to do. However, I found that the sparco seat bases were just a little too far forward for my taste in the DC2 (and I'm 6'1") and I like to sit very close. Just keep that in mind, since you can't move the seat forward or backward without fabricating something. Another method is to cut some OEM sliders off of some old crappy seats and mount the sparcos to that. They bolt to the OEM holes (obviously) and they'll slide. The down side to that is they're a little taller.

I'm installing a sparco corsa into a crx in the next few days, and I'm going to bolt the brackets directly to the floor
Old 04-11-2002, 11:07 AM

My friend has the Sparco Torinos and uses the regular seat belts. I'm sure it'll work just fine. I'm probably going to pick up a pair of the Speed or Sprint seats. Let me know how the install goes and post pics after they're in.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to bolt Sparco seats into CRX? (ckdelsol)

BTW, are the sprints a race shell? If so, here's a trick for the OEM seatbelt. Unbolt the bottom seatbelt mount just under/behind the door, and thread it through the lab belt hole in the seat. Then bolt it back in. I don't know about the sprints, but in the corsas (very large side bolsters) the OEM seatbelt doesn't work too well. I just used it for the shoulder belt, and I used the harness lap belt for the little time I was on the street with it. Otherwise, an OEM belt with a race bucket is generally a bad idea unless you have very small side bolsters, or you're really fat.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got a Sprint seat and I love it. I also got the sliders for it as well. Being that I'm short, I have to position my seat closer to the steering wheel. Having the sliders helps not only adjusting the seat position, but makes getting in and out much easier.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:33 PM

Default Re: How to bolt Sparco seats into CRX? (REX VT)

you can use ur original sliders from ur crx seats if ur sparco seat has the mounting brackets there are oval holes on each bar that goes on the top and bottom of the seat. all u have to do is get 2 hex bolts and relocate where ur floor pattern are, match up everything then bolt it up to your sparco seat then bolt the seat in. that's what i did it saved me 2-3 bills on sparco sliders. any questions just ask.