Notices

GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS....... ;) & =(

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS....... ;) & =(

sup bros!! which news do you guys want to hear first?? Good or Bad?? i'll start with the BAD news first since my car is in bad shape.....heheeeehe.

BAD NEWS: last night my girlfriend called me up and dumped me.......she told me i dont have enough time for her. (thats because i'm always working on my car trying to eliminate that damn code#4...heheehee)ever since i've been working on my car i never bothered calling her or visiting her. she told me i am being selfish. am i?? (why do girls always puts guilt trips on us men?? they should already know what pleasures us second....our CARS...lolz) dont you guys agree with me??heheehhehhe.....i felt a little sad when she dumped me..... i was expecting i was going to dump her. in my life...a girl never dumped me...i'm always dumping them......lolz...except for this one...lolz. she beat me to it...hehheehehehehhhhe. i love her...but she cant seem to understand my situation me getting frustrated about my car . should i move on with my life or should i get back with her?? make up and kiss up??dont know what to do with that girl.

GOOD NEWS!! code#4 gone gone away...come back another day.......year 2100 when i'm dead...hehhehehehheeh.

guys today I purchased a new distributor and a new main relay. thinking that code#4 will be elimated when replacing these. i spent $220 for both. (ouch!!). when i installed it in....it did not eliminate the code#4...... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . $220 down the drain....but anyways.....since i knew i had a new distributor and a new main relay......and it did not eliminate the code#4....so it had to be my wiring.

member the pin that i added on B10 for the crank position sensor??well here's the story on it........my so-called ex-girlfriend that dumped me last night..she gave me a call today and started getting on my nerves. as i was checking all the wirings on the ECU side...somehow she said something that pissed me off.....and guess what wire was i holding that time?? the wire that was connected to B10...came loose. i mean the whole pin for it came out. you know what that means?? a loose wire that was to be the crank position sensor. i then later figured that i put the pin pointing the opposite way the first time and it was loose. put it back rechecking it installed it in the hole...connected the ECU...connect battery back....start it and WALA!!brooooooommmmmmm broooooommmmm!!!!yesssssss...yahooooooo!!!no more code#4 on the ECU. gone gone away code#4....come back another day.....hehehehhehehhehehehhe. i'll test drive my car tomorrow and keep you guys updated.

how can i be so stupid??simple sh*t like that....loose wire for 3 weeks giving me the same error code. money down the drain for new parts that didnt even needed to be changed. oh well "I'M STILL LEARNING....LEARNING FROM MY MISTAKES."hehehheheehe.HMMMMMMM...should i now kiss and make up with my so-called ex-girlfriend??hehheheehe..i'll find out tomorrow...when i see her.

GUYS JUST WANTED TO APPRICIATE ALL OF YOU WHO GAVE SOME PRECIOUS TIME AND HELP ME OUT. I REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRICIATE IT ALOT!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL ADVANCE MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Old 12-02-2001, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS....... ;) & =( (vsual)

I think most guys that are into their cars and have gfs have that problem. I dont think most girls will understand mens fascination with cars,electronics,video games, that kind of thing. Make up with her if the relationship is worth it, just dont look desperate, if she already decided to end it. Let us know how it goes.
Old 12-02-2001, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS....... ;) & =( (vsual)

sorry to hear that but i said it was the wires u did it had to be if it worked it happened to me and i saw that the wire was loose on the dist so it had to ur wires also
Old 12-02-2001, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lil Cs Zc)

hey, atleast she helped with you figuring out your car....
Old 12-02-2001, 02:53 PM
New User

nice rims!!
Old 12-02-2001, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mindtrix)

see this is wha tyou need to do. get a girl into cars that way you guys can work on them together. trust me it sucks when someone doesn't understand your passion that is why i only date guys into cars so they understand why i have to have jdm tails and why i have to have a new motor. all my friends with cars though go after these broomstick looking chicks that you can't hold a convo with about anything other than nails and hair and shopping and then expect them to understand why they are working on the car. some people just want looks and no brains. ok so here is my thing, she knew you were into cars when you got together so she didn't think about that kinda crap in the future? oh well girls are retarded, that is why i hate most of them. oh and one more thing, if she really cared she would have supported your hobby , not broke up with you because of it
Old 12-02-2001, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm i was with a girl for two years i miss her sometimes even though she cheated on me like three times (what a bitch)I wouldnt ever go back to her though
Old 12-02-2001, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Trinity)

yah man shes right
trinity will u marry me
Old 12-02-2001, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmB18hatch)

yah man shes right
trinity will u marry me
you wish
Old 12-02-2001, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you wish
yes, yes i do
Old 12-02-2001, 06:47 PM
New User

See, there needs to be a directory or something... People who are into cars, the ones that are REALLY into cars, are like part of this counter-culture thing. We have our own connections, our own language, our own interesting way of looking at life. Now all we need is our own dating service..

See, ill start.
SWM, mid 20's, 6'2" 240pds. Brown hair, brown eyes. refuses to grow up past the age of 12, likes long drives and JDM stuff, with a soft spot for 60's and 70's japanese cars. ISO chick with similar intersts.. Intrest in electronica and late 80's, early 90's alt rock bands a plus..

The last chick i dated became a tree hugger. Nothing wrong with a little conservation, but calling people "damn dirty eat meaters" in fits of road rage and giving me lectures about how cars are a waist of money and destroy the environment got a little old.
Old 12-02-2001, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (euclidEH3)

hope you feel better.......damn.....girls suck....cant live with them, cant live without them...what are we gunna do???
Old 12-03-2001, 02:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (big pete)

same **** with me...she said she needed some space (which mean she wants someone else)

just dont turn into poo pokers
Old 12-03-2001, 05:43 AM

Default Re: ([626]JDM-b16a-EF9)

lolz all that replied....including me...hehhehhee...came down and saw her. looked at her in the eyes....(damn i was having doubts already...lolz) asking myself..should i??should i not??well???she said. hmmmmmmmm.....well as i replied back. she said well what?? i said....naw...i think its better off to be friends. i even told her....lets end it this way without any misunderstandings. told her were not compatible with anything. (what i like she does not like...what she likes i dont like.........oh my gosh...why???lolz)if we were meant to be lets hope for the best....but right now...lets be just "FRIENDS". she agreed to it. anyways...i wasnt that desperate getting back with her. just realized it the other night...i dont need her. ill find someone else better....that can understand my hobby.

far as the car...it idles great...but its bogging when i try to accelerate.(meaning its having a hard time reaching to 5k) do you think it has something to do with air/fuel mixture??what other probable cause on this??i've changed practicly everything. i'm not getting any error codes. does it have to do something with my tranny?? i'm using my stock 91 DX tranny right now...but planning to use an 88 SI tranny in the future. i found out that 88 Si tranny the ratio on it is alot closer than the 89-91...is that true??

"THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLIED ON THIS"

Old 12-03-2001, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vsual)

the bogging may be due to retarded timing try and set it more advanced and see the trannys are the same with different final drive the dx has lower gearing compared to the si ive seen better track times with the dx though with the d15 hybrid engine we turned 15.4 best and with the si tranny we turned out 15.7 best same weather and driver so it depends on how u want it the si feels more torqueir (bad english) but the dx seems faster
Old 12-03-2001, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS....... ;) & =( (Brandon Chun)

I'm pretty lucky in the fact that my fiancee has been into modding cars since before she met me...just so happens her first car is a 1989 CRX Si (and it's faster than my car, dammit ). She isn't really as deep in the scene as me though, and we do argue about my car from time to time...but whenever she sees me win a race (or I'm in her car when she smokes some clown on the freeway), the smile on her face is more than worth it .

Remember, the family that races together stays together.

I think most guys that are into their cars and have gfs have that problem. I dont think most girls will understand mens fascination with cars,electronics,video games, that kind of thing.
Old 12-03-2001, 04:55 PM
New User

Dunno about the ratio, but I know it won't fit on a 89-91 block, so watch out!
Old 12-03-2001, 05:43 PM

Default Re: (charjacq)

ok i'm almost ready to go home. i'm at work right now. thanks to all the people that keeps replying to my problem. today while working....i was thinking it might have to do something with my fuel. since i haven't ran the car for about a few months...lets say since april...one of my co-worker was telling me that my gas might have gotten bad. so what i'm about to do after work is go down to pepboys and buy me an octane boost and drain my tank out and add the octane boost and fill the tank up with some new gas.

i'll keep you guys updated. thanks again.
Old 12-03-2001, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you change your fuel filter yet?? that could be a problem if you didnt
Old 12-03-2001, 11:59 PM

Default Re: (big pete)

hey you guys can have my girl shes getting kinda annoyed that all i talk about is cars but oh well its nothing big shes so pissy though there need to be more women who are into cars or just ones that will let you be
Old 12-05-2001, 06:38 AM

Default Re: (spy54)

hahhahahah.....@spy54. naw i'm cool...i think its better off being single for now. i still have to accomplish more things on my car. enjoy life first.....lolz. being single is great...hehhehehehehe....now i can look at more girls at the mall.

ok far as...the bogging...its starts off att 1k and hesitates up to 3k.....(when flooring it)then it starts to catch up on speed hesitating up to 4k. from 3k and 5k its slow getting there. i can feel the speed and power and i'm almost getting there. guys...last shot......what can be the problem?? practically everything is mostly new in my car. fuel filter distributor...cap and rotor and most of all NGK plugs.
Old 12-05-2001, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im not gonna say this again but the timing has to be advanced that is all that it could be advance the timing advance the timing am i making myself clear at all that is the only thing it could be now except teh injecters possibly
Old 12-05-2001, 07:22 AM

it seems to get worse. advance it every 1 degree off of my cam gear to get a better luck....but it seems to get worse.
Old 12-05-2001, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are u advancing it for sure not retarding but adavncing it turning it towards the car not u right
Old 12-05-2001, 07:30 AM

tried both. on my cam gear it shows A for advance and R for retard. i got it tuned up to between 900-1k. and it idles great!!.

Quick Reply: GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS....... ;) & =(