Notices

getting items shipped to military overseas ????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting items shipped to military overseas ????????????????

Sorry I posted this here but I cant find any company to ship to an APO address.All I want is a Neuspeed front strut bar.The problem I keep getting is either they wont ship it or it cost more then the item does to ship.So my question is if any1 else has found some1 willing to do this please share with me.I also would be willing to buy a used 1.Any good answers will be greatly apreiciated thanks.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting items shipped to military overseas ???????????????? (GRANDE7652)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRANDE7652 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry I posted this here but I cant find any company to ship to an APO address.All I want is a Neuspeed front strut bar.The problem I keep getting is either they wont ship it or it cost more then the item does to ship.So my question is if any1 else has found some1 willing to do this please share with me.I also would be willing to buy a used 1.Any good answers will be greatly apreiciated thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why you couldnt order one from European suppliers? You wouldnt have to mess around with shipment, since its kinda ***. All kinds of customs and paperwork.

And big greetings from Finnish military! Here is one honda head in service also. We just started group leader school (Lower officer school).
Old 09-01-2006, 10:59 AM

Default Re: getting items shipped to military overseas ???????????????? (Twilight)

well I checked the german shops and its really exspensive(oddly) for a neuspeed part as compared to US prices.In euros the same part is almost double...its an ED5 so I am trying to keep the price as low as possible.I could have it shipped to my family back in the states but unfortunatly they are very incompetent in this manner,I am still waiting on other stuff 6 months later...but thanks good post twilight,I have seen you in other post on here and its nothing but good stuff.You ever come down to the Nurburgring?
Old 09-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting items shipped to military overseas ???????????????? (GRANDE7652)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRANDE7652 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well I checked the german shops and its really exspensive(oddly) for a neuspeed part as compared to US prices.In euros the same part is almost double...its an ED5 so I am trying to keep the price as low as possible.I could have it shipped to my family back in the states but unfortunatly they are very incompetent in this manner,I am still waiting on other stuff 6 months later...but thanks good post twilight,I have seen you in other post on here and its nothing but good stuff.You ever come down to the Nurburgring?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, thanks alot mate. Compliments are very nice to hear these times. And yeah, Europe has little high prices. I know. Do whatever feels best, and maybe you would be able to get some other part manufacture too. I know few shops in Netherlands, what has pretty low prices. And yeah, i would love to come into Nurbugring. But military keeps me here for next 10 months. But maybe i'm coming next summer! Give me a PM if you are intrested!
Old 09-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting items shipped to military overseas ???????????????? (Twilight)

these companies are just gay. its actually cheaper to ship to an apo. its considered a US address. i know because my mom would send me huge packages for next to nothing
Old 09-02-2006, 04:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Twilight &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Haha, thanks alot mate. Compliments are very nice to hear these times. And yeah, Europe has little high prices. I know. Do whatever feels best, and maybe you would be able to get some other part manufacture too. I know few shops in Netherlands, what has pretty low prices. And yeah, i would love to come into Nurbugring.</TD></TR></TABLE>
anytime,I really enjoy helpfull people.Funniest thing is my friend who drives a neon SRT-4 can get parts cheaper and easier then I can.But we raced Nurburbring today.It was my 1st time ever racing on a track,it was great,his car has around 250HP and mine is around 100 at the absolute max!!!I normally race on public roads(very dangerous,I know)but I beat him by minutes this time not seconds.Even though Nurburgring is 22km againt our "home track"4km.It was so fun driving my car at its maximum limit.I just hope I can find the parts I am looking for soon because I am addicted to track driving now.I will need them to improve my fun/time at the ring.
So please after winter take the fairy and join us at the ring.I raced a crx/1.8 vtec and lost but it was fun.I love going againt cars in my class because they give you a challenge,nothing but fun times
Old 09-03-2006, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, international shippin is a HUGE pain.

I ship both ways on a regular base, and it's not worth it to ship just 1 part. I do group buys whenever I can, or get a good deal on multiple items. It's just not worth it otherwise.

You could try a european brand like OMP. You will ofcourse get raped on income tax.

Try to make friends with someone on a US military base. Personell can ship in between bases dirt cheap. That might help you out alot.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SETI20)

pm'd
Old 09-03-2006, 04:46 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SETI20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, international shippin is a HUGE pain.

I ship both ways on a regular base, and it's not worth it to ship just 1 part. I do group buys whenever I can, or get a good deal on multiple items. It's just not worth it otherwise.

You could try a european brand like OMP. You will ofcourse get raped on income tax.

Try to make friends with someone on a US military base. Personell can ship in between bases dirt cheap. That might help you out alot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha I am on a US military base...
Old 09-03-2006, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

....in germany.
You need someone on a base stateside.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SETI20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">....in germany.
You need someone on a base stateside.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah but I have family in the states just they,for some reason,will not mail it to me untill they feel like it and I am still waiting on something I asked them to mail to me after they got 6 months ago.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I know how that feels.
That's why you need someone else in the military to ship it to you. Mailing between bases is faster than from private addresses too.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 AM

Default Re: (GRANDE7652)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SETI20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah I know how that feels.
That's why you need someone else in the military to ship it to you. Mailing between bases is faster than from private addresses too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good luck, in finding the cheap shipment,