Notices

Gauge Installs (Voltage, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Air/Fuel, etc) Walkthroughs - Where?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Close to West Chester, PA, United States of America
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Installs (Voltage, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Air/Fuel, etc) Walkthroughs - Where?

Searched but didn't find much of a walkthrough, neither with Google... will post if I find anything but not finding anything good...

In my case it's an 89CRX (DX). I see gauges on Ebay, and then more expensive autometer (which I think is worth it, + other brands)... Just wanted to know the best way to install these (Thinking of using an A-pillar pod cluster)... Where do we run the wires? Out the door jamb and then into the hood? How to protect/loom the wires?

Thanks!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gauge Installs (Voltage, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Air/Fuel, etc) Walkthroughs - Where? (phoenix_i

anyone?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gauge Installs (Voltage, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp, Air/Fuel, etc) Walkthroughs - Where? (phoenix_i

ive never done it cause i personaly dont like the look of all the little round guages. but mount them where you please electric tape should be enough but loom it in sketchy looking spots run the wire down the pillar through the side of the dash then into the engine bay through where the main harness goes through.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My main question was where/what do the gauges plug in to? Like an oil pressure or water temp gauge... where do they get their info? Do you splice into factory wires and just solder/heatshrink? Is there something bad about doing this if this is how it is done?

What are some useful status gauges to have?