Notices

FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANK YOU... wings west kit is nothin like mugen kit, for crx or civic, it is not a mugen replica, because it looks nothing like it. i hate WW kits and anyone who thinks its mugen go search spl and spl9 kits for civic.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (crxforum)

basically WW and most china/taiwan kits have tons of subtle difference from the original mugen ef7 and ef8 kit. but for years, there's been fakes that are 100% identical. people just dont know where to find them. from the outside, the correct mesh is the only way i can truly tell the difference.

never heard of those side markers for the rear bumper. i'm glad too, they look fugly.

as far as the stickers go, real ones aren't vinyl cut. its all one piece. ink printed on clear, like oem stickers.

and emblems, real ones are thick plastic with chrome paint. fakes are super thin stamped aluminum.

good info
now do a write of the ef3, ef9, ww, gtp... versions.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: (sohc_mnstr)

fwiw its not a WW kit either. thank you.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (cotton.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cotton. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Fake and built good should never be placed in the same sentence
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Notice I said "fake". With quotation marks. I think you're missing my point.

For example, when I say "fake" I'm making reference to the H-T people who think, for instance, they are superior by buying Spoon/Mugen wheels, and then say that people who buy Rotas are buying fakes. When in reality they are not "fakes" because the manufacturer never claimed them to be something they are not.

I don't think WW ever claimed their kit was a Mugen kit, so I don't understand why a lot of guys say they are "fakes".

What I mean is I don't mind something that is "fake" as long as it'll get the job done with a high level of performance, or at least a level of performance that is excellent for the money paid.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UltimX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Well, what if they showed you a dyno of there car with them in it and it dynoing 200hp with "bolt ons"?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you ever seen a D series with I/H/E ever dyno anything near 200 hp? I think you might be missing my point. I'm saying that a lot of people are ignorant. They might TRULY believe their car has 200 hp. Guys with a Hong Kong copy-cat made body kit might TRULY believe they have an authentic Mugen kit. They just may not know any better.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Default Re: (cotton.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cotton. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">poser leons' shitz fake.. it's not WW. but it's definately NOT Mugen. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lets not dis the man's car. It is not a real Mugen bumper. He might not of realized that when he got it. There could be several reasons why.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (UltimX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UltimX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This thread is very informative. Also, the picture with the blue crx, i think the door caps are fake and the bottem skirt is real. door caps look more WW than mugen, to me anyways lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It appears to me to a WW set modded to accept the emblem, you can see the top edge is more rounded and the Mugen is more edged. it also sticks out slightly more. The crease in the middle of the cap, and sides, is also different, the Mugen is more, smooth, and WW is more pronounced.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Very cool thread. Way to keep everyone in the loop so they know what they have and/or what they're looking for!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Deetz)

Ya I got a few PMs asking if I made this thread to start **** with other people. No I didnt that is farther from the truth. I made it to inform people about it because there is too much misinformation floating around.

Honestly would you like it if you had a very nice authentic part on your car and had people coming up to you asking if it was one of the versions that was up on eBay? I know I dont, becuase I get it about 30 times a year at car shows. Its even more annoying when its a Judge who is saying things like that.

This thread is just for information. No personal attacks against Leon or Tyson or anything. It is just for informational purposes.

CRX Forum
Old 03-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (Eggman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eggman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and emblems, real ones are thick plastic with chrome paint. fakes are super thin stamped aluminum.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is what real EF8/9 Mugen Emblems look like brand new. Sorry for the shitty pic, Ill get a better one if needed.

CRX Forum
Old 03-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (crxforum)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxforum &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is what real EF8/9 Mugen Emblems look like brand new. Sorry for the shitty pic, Ill get a better one if needed.

CRX Forum</TD></TR></TABLE>

You ******, where did you get those? Those are probally like the last real new sets in existence. LOL!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (CRXBart)

ive decided to keep the OEM bumpers on my car with the ROADRACEGEAR front lip.

so, on that note..... i will have mekanism's old WW kit for sale.

i'll admit the mugen looks a lot better. the ww still looks good too, in my opinion.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (STREETWERKZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STREETWERKZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive decided to keep the OEM bumpers on my car with the ROADRACEGEAR front lip.

so, on that note..... i will have mekanism's old WW kit for sale.

i'll admit the mugen looks a lot better. the ww still looks good too, in my opinion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Foes roadracegear make a lip for a EF9 front? The beater needs a new lip, sorry if I am OT.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes (CRXBart)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Foes roadracegear make a lip for a EF9 front? The beater needs a new lip, sorry if I am OT. </TD></TR></TABLE>

not sure.

http://roadracegear.com/ita104.asp
Old 03-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Excellent write-up
Old 03-20-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: (NIKE SB'd)

crxforum you rule

It's crazy to think that other car was in that magazine. Wasn't it on the cover too? lawls.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow!!!

Old 03-21-2007, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice work
Old 03-21-2007, 07:06 AM

i don't really give a **** about jdm stuff, but i appreciate the attention to detail and making sure what is authentic or not; then again, who asked me what i thought.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jonathan_ED3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonathan_ED3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Have you ever seen a D series with I/H/E ever dyno anything near 200 hp? I think you might be missing my point. I'm saying that a lot of people are ignorant. They might TRULY believe their car has 200 hp. Guys with a Hong Kong copy-cat made body kit might TRULY believe they have an authentic Mugen kit. They just may not know any better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jon: You never said I/H/E in your first post, you just said "bolt ons," so having said this, a turbo is a "bolt on", and you can achieve 200hp with "bolt ons" so thats why i made that comment. I personally havn't seen a 200+ hp in my life that just has I/H/E alone and would be extremely impressed if one existed. Altho i have seen D series with a lot of work done to get 200+ hp so i know 200+ hp is atainable but not solely with just I/H/E. Cams are also bolt ons too lol.

This topic is very informative.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

CRXForum: excellent attantion to detail and effort on this thread. good info for the mugen collectors out there.

edit:
sorrry Ultimx but i have never heard a turbo referred to as a "bolt-on."
Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: (KFBhonda)

Nice writeup Mike.

I still need the inner metal bracket and mesh for my Mugen bumper.

Also need those emblems for my side skirts.

I'm thinking about just making my own mesh inserts for the rear that way I can use the same gauge for my Vis front bumper.

I need to get some up close pics of that rear mounting bracket!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who says he took the pictures.
i bet those were already somewhere on the interweb and he linked to them.
but some people are freaked out about license plates being posted but if the pic was already on the web then how can you blame the OP?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MOE@Hyper16Valve)

Black EF8 is my car. I can do whatever the hell I want with it. Blue CRX with WW kit on it is also my car. Greyish blue CRX with questionable kit on it is Leon's car. I dont know if he is on HT or not or whatever but people seem to know who he is. All pics were my own or taken off HT as they were posted.

CRX Forum
Old 03-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crxforum)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxforum &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ya I got a few PMs asking if I made this thread to start **** with other people. No I didnt that is farther from the truth. I made it to inform people about it because there is too much misinformation floating around.</TD></TR></TABLE>

interesting thread ....

for not blocking the license plate .....
Old 03-23-2007, 08:46 AM

Very nice info

Quick Reply: FAQ: Mugen CRX Pro Kit II Authentication Tips. Tell The Real Deal From Fakes