Notices

D15B1 problem and im clueless.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default D15B1 problem and im clueless.

Ok im helping my friend out, his car has been ******* up left and right and today it finally kicked the bucket (atleast thats the way i see it). I am a 92 + kind of guy, i dont want to deal with these carborated type stuff. So try to help me help my friend. I tried looking through the FAQ page but mostly everyone does a DPFI to MPFI and i just want to get his car up and running and i dont care about doing that.

Ok heres the problem so far. The car is getting fuel, is getting spark and timing is right on. But whenever we start the car (or try i should say) the car well choke and just like burp. I thought something was stuck in the intake so i took that off, then i had him start it again, same thing. Took off the pipe, same thing. Took off that little box same thing.

Now i noticed that there looks to be a butterfly on top right when you open up that black box but it doesnt move. You could move it with your finger but it wont move with the throttle. Now is this suppose to move with the throttle Also could that not opening cause the car to not start. I was about to take appart his whole IM but i didnt have time, so his having the car towed to his house tonight and ill work on it tomorrow.

What are some things i should look for, his not throwing any codes. Im thinking it might also be a main relay but then i thought to myself, do these things even have a main relay? im checking fuses tomorrow, and continue to take appart that carb looking thing off, and clean it up and see if that helps.

Any idea's?

Cliff Notes: got fuel, spark, and timing is on, the car burps when you try to start it, and the top butterfly doesnt open with the throttle, is it suppose to?

TIA!

Edit: 90 DX hatch, D15b1 DPFI thing on it.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: D15B1 problem and im clueless. (Luserkid)

check the cam timing, may have skipped some teeth on the timming belt.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok well first off its not carbed its dpfi shitty design but good for gas mileage....yes they have main relays you should check that out its located right by the hood release inside the car....im not sure if that would be the problem cause i think when main relay is dead it wont get any fuel.....and yes when you hit the throttle the butterfly on the throttle body should open...bout all i can think that may help a little
Old 09-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bserieskllr)

Ok i checked the timing and he was off by 3 or 4 teeth. I set the timing back to TDC and the car started but sounded like **** and just died. The car wouldnt start again. Im going to do a compression check on it tomorrow to see whats wrong. I think he might have bent some valves or something.

This is what happened.

He was in 2nd gear at about 4500rpm and the car just shut off and wouldnt start again. The timing was off by 3 or 4 teeth like i said so im thinking he might have bent a valve due to that, could that be possible? Any other suggestions?

His getting spark and fuel and timing is dead on. It just doesnt want to start. It sounds like it wants to but it just doesnt. HELP! TIA.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Luserkid)

up
Old 09-04-2004, 02:03 AM

lol did the dizzy take a **** now?
Old 09-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (murmur9)

Nope because theres spark. Also the dizzy is less then a month old, brand spanking new.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:17 AM

Sounds like he bent some valves. Try the Compression test. and let us no what the numbers are.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (murmur9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by murmur9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol did the dizzy take a **** now? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Found out the problem, it wasnt quit this but more the Rotor. The rotor desided to throw the screw out and it just went from there. Something so simple and stupid i tell you.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: D15B1 problem and im clueless. (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Found out the problem, it wasnt quit this but more the Rotor. The rotor desided to throw the screw out and it just went from there. Something so simple and stupid i tell you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

... and it's not uncommon either!
Loctite.