Notices

considering dpfi to mpfi........but odd questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default considering dpfi to mpfi........but odd questions

ok first of all i have a 89 integra sittin in the garage with no head on it which i removed and i recall how much of a bitch the intake manifold was to get off b.c it is one solid piece with no room in between to fit a wrench in, so the point im geting at does anyone know an easy way to get that manifold off\on b.c i believe the 4th gen si manifold is the same way ???????, secondly ive read numerous different things, do i need a new throttle cable?
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: considering dpfi to mpfi........but odd questions (SomeDude56)

well first what car are u planning to to the mpfi swap to. and second that manifold wont bolt on to a d series engine because the integra is a b series. need more info
Old 08-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: considering dpfi to mpfi........but odd questions (B18wagon)

88 dx.......... still a solid manifold with now gaps between runners = still a pain to remove and looking for an easy way
thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 08:14 PM

well like i said before that manifold wont bolt on to the dx engine, if u want to do the mpfi you have to use a 1988-1991 si manifold and other si parts http://www.geocities.com/teampimports/fuelinj.html. but if you really what to use that integra manifold i think it would be easier to get the head for the teggy engine and swap the whole thing into the dx and since u have the car u dont have to go part hunting, and since u have a 1989 teggy(odb 0) u dont have to do any extra wireing except fot the mpfi swap
Old 08-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, the integra manifold won't fit on the DX, but you could find a nice Si one to fit. I just bought mine from the junkyard. You'll need the intake manifold, the throttle body, the ECU, and the resistor box.

As for the throttle cable, I'm not sure if you need one or not. I've heard from one person that you do, and i've heard nothing from other people. The fact that no one else has ever mentioned it either means it's a commonly forgotten necessity, or just something that isn't really needed. if you don't mind the extra long throttle cable from the DX, I say leave it in. If the extra long cable bothers you, get an SI cable and swap it out.

Oh, there is no easy way to remove the manifold. It's pretty much a pain regardless. I would look in your helms manual and it will tell you the bolting order. I'm sure that taking the bolts off in order might make it easier.

You can always do what I did and take the head off of the engine in order to remove the manifold, but I wouldn't recommend it unless a bolt is stuck (like it was in my case).

Good luck to you.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: considering dpfi to mpfi........but odd questions (SiMateoAko)

lol i was never looking to put the teg. manifold on it just pointing out that its a pain to get off and was wondering if anyone knew of an easier way to do it.
thanks though
Old 08-13-2005, 09:58 PM

I did it on my old motor, not worth it, save your money for a swap