Notices

ClutchMax flywheel any good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ClutchMax flywheel any good?

Hi folks,
In an effort to get my car back on the road after getting my transmission rebuilt, I may have pulled the trigger too soon on ordering a clutch set & lightweight flywheel. What I ordered is an Exedy Pro kit & 8lb. CM flywheel for my 1990 CRX Si. Problem is, I got my CMs mixed up when I placed the order -thinking it was a Clutch Master flywheel (which I've heard are pretty good), only to realize later that it's actually a ClutchMax brand flywheel... And I can't find any reviews of ClutchMax anywhere. Has anyone here used a ClutchMax flywheel and had decent results? Should I try and cancel the order before it's shipped & find something elsewhere?
Old 04-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ClutchMax flywheel any good?

Originally Posted by Norsemanu
Hi folks,
In an effort to get my car back on the road after getting my transmission rebuilt, I may have pulled the trigger too soon on ordering a clutch set & lightweight flywheel. What I ordered is an Exedy Pro kit & 8lb. CM flywheel for my 1990 CRX Si. Problem is, I got my CMs mixed up when I placed the order -thinking it was a Clutch Master flywheel (which I've heard are pretty good), only to realize later that it's actually a ClutchMax brand flywheel... And I can't find any reviews of ClutchMax anywhere. Has anyone here used a ClutchMax flywheel and had decent results? Should I try and cancel the order before it's shipped & find something elsewhere?
So I purchased the same flywheel and so far so good it meets SFI certification standards. Quality is good and no vibrations. I only have maybe 100 miles on so far.