Notices

Clutch pedal assembly??? FUN removal???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Clutch pedal assembly??? FUN removal??? (sicrx69)

I'm guessing you didn't drop the steering column?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know how to drop the steering column=] So I'll just work around it. The guy who was going to sell me the crx clutch/brake assembly had to work overtime, twice. Hopefully he'll be able to come tomorrow and sell it to me. I'll take pix and try to make a diy thing since there isn't one on this, with my 1.3mp camera...

OP My name is Hanmin, Han for short, not HAM, why does everyone call me HAM!

Anyways, a mt hatch is hard to find at junkyards, I went to 3 and couldn't find one, so I'm just going to take my chances with a crx one, hopefully it works. I'll let you guys know in my new diy thread=].
Old 10-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hanmin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hanmin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll take pix and try to make a diy thing since there isn't one on this, with my 1.3mp camera...
</TD></TR></TABLE>
i don't think you need to do this. first of all there is already a diy on this and second, it is done the correct way. they did not need to take off their pedals and they didn't have to pry anything out of the way. just search a little, i think it will be alot easier once you figure out how the drop the steering column.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,
Yea i didnt drop the column either, i started to but didnt see how that would help, bc it would drop on the floor board where i was working and didnt think it would give me enough space to get it out. Unless i am wrong, which does happen,(just dont tell my wife) by dropping the column u mean droping the stearing wheel along with the shaft to the floor? How there is a knuckle that connects the steering shaft to a lower shaft that goes out of the fire wall, how is this knuckle connected? Its not connected like a normal half shaft, looks like its pressed together or something. Thx again for ur help
John
Old 10-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (coot_er)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coot_er &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i don't think you need to do this. first of all there is already a diy on this and second, it is done the correct way. they did not need to take off their pedals and they didn't have to pry anything out of the way. just search a little, i think it will be alot easier once you figure out how the drop the steering column.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Link please? I tried searching, but I guess my searching skills aren't as good as yours.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hanmin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Link please? I tried searching, but I guess my searching skills aren't as good as yours.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't feel bad, in order for me to find this link in 7 seconds i even had to use the Archived Content feature of the search function!
Old 10-28-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Clutch pedal assembly??? FUN removal??? (sicrx69)

Man I feel ur pain, I have broken two clutch pedal assemblies the same way as you. I have also managed to bust a couple cables but whatever. I gave up on replacing the stock crap just to have it break again. I fabbed up an assembly of my own. Its not that hard, i never really fabbed anything before. I just cut the clutch assembly from the rest of the pedals, and measured for mounting points and pedal position. It turned out great and I havent had any problems yet. Even in you dont do something like this I highly recommend doing some sort of bracing or reinforcement to the stock one that goes back in ur car.
These arent the finished pix but you can see what I was goin for.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That is looking good. Let us know how it holds up. I take it you have a pretty agressive clutch? My ACT 6 puck snapped pedal assemblies every few months.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice fab work, must be nice to work at a machine shop?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch pedal assembly??? FUN removal??? (Riceboy891)

Yo,
That does look good for sho, i wish i had acess to a welder and a cutting wheel. How much u charge to make me one? Shipping to texas and what not.
John
Old 10-28-2007, 06:30 PM

Well I dont work in a machine shop and all i used was a basic mig welder (lincoln weld pak from lowes) and a harbor freight cutting wheel. The only thing that i found wrong with the design was that there was really nothing for the left side to brace itself on since there are no mounting points on that side, so i put a tab with a rubber bumper to press up against the firewall and voila.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Riceboy891)

Keep us updated man. I am surprised nobody in the aftermarket has put one out. Makes me wonder what the high hp cable trans guys are doing.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I finished my pedal assembly swap in 8 hours...

The steering rack has to be dropped, the heater vents has to be pulled out, some wiring needs to be unplugged, you need to go to the hood and pull out the circle thing that connects to your brakes(after you take out the stake thing and the pin).

It's a real pain. You might even need 2 people for this job.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch pedal assembly??? FUN removal??? (coot_er)

Well,
I ordered my part from honda 150$$ , Trying to get it all back together but for the life of me i cant figure out how the damn spring on the clutch pedal goes, i remember it being pretty easy to remove but trying to figure out how to put it back is another thing. Any pics or diagrams would be great if anyone knows.
John
Old 11-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Look on the first page, the black assembly with the nut locations.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey,
Yea i tried that, that pic although everything else looks the same, my spring doesnt look like that. Mine is on the right side of the pedal and isnt a standard pull tension spring. Its shapped like a quarter with 2 ends that attach somehow but cant figure it out. But perhaps i could just put one like that pic, will check holes and see if that will work tommorow. Stilll would like to know how other goes on though.
John
Old 11-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hanmin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I finished my pedal assembly swap in 8 hours...

The steering rack has to be dropped, the heater vents has to be pulled out, some wiring needs to be unplugged, you need to go to the hood and pull out the circle thing that connects to your brakes(after you take out the stake thing and the pin).

It's a real pain. You might even need 2 people for this job.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WOW! I thought it was a breeze. I'll give anyone a hand in my area if they need it. Heck I took about an hour and a half and still took a blunt break.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: (EF9Si-T)

Took me about an hour to get mine out.... Not to hard...
Old 11-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's hard when your only using sockets and a vice grip... and when you don't have any deep sockets so you got to go borrow some.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 AM

I only had needle nose pliers and a standard 75 piece socket set... no deep well sockets.. ? But I also read the forum on here before I started... big help.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 PM

dropping the steering column isnt helping me much. its easier to get at the 3 bolts on the passenger side of the bracket, but it gets in the way having a steering wheel on your chest trying to take out the bolts on the drivers side. just my opinion
Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was wondering how do u guys remove the dash im going to do a auto swap and i dont want to lay on my back doing it because i just pulled a assembly today in the yeard and i was about toi take a sluge hammer to the booster lmao dam pin snaped and got stuck and i chouldent get it out had to hammer the booster rod apart lol and the pin fell out after i was so pissed lol how do u remove the dash so i dont need to deal with thiss pain in the arsss
Old 01-08-2008, 09:25 PM

dont take out the dash man, more work than its worth. i wound up just dropping the steering column and moving the fuse box, and it only took me about an hours worth of actual work to get out. its the fastest way to go and it requires alot less effort to put back together.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch pedal assembly??? FUN removal???

man im stuck?
Old 03-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch pedal assembly??? FUN removal???

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...8#post41880228

plz help?

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal assembly??? FUN removal???