Notices

Bare EF shell build up Pics,Questions,and Comments.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bare EF shell build up Pics,Questions,and Comments.

As some of you may know, I first started out with an 89 Civic Si when I was 16, When I moved out, my mom wanted me to let her keep the car. I let her keep it, but I removed my newly acquired Buddy Club Spec II exhaust, and some suspension pieces. Not too long after I obtained a 91 Civic Si from a guy named Mark Hamblet, he gave me the ONE owner car and told me he just wanted to see it with all OEM look. This car, I did a full on rebuild on the stock a6, including: .20 over zc pistons for high compression, ss valves, balanced rotating assembly, ported head, port-matched IM, and TB...ect. DA front brake swap, SS lines, 1'' MC/BB. Front and Rear ST sway bars, Homemade strut bars, I mean you get the idea. Well I was sitting at a light the other day and this jackass, I don't know what he was thinking, hit me at 30-35mph. Smashing the whole ***-end of my car. So here I am with a car that way given to me, and I've got well over 8grand tied up in it, I knew I had to find another EF soon because I start school in September. I found this CLEAN 90 Si WHITE!!!!!! $500 bucks. This car was definitely old school, when I got it had old school Hasport B series mounts and shift linkage. I bought it from Tom Turko who has a DA integra that will put most to shame! That thing is IMMACULATE.

So here I am with a smashed 91, and beat up 89, and a clean 90. The 90 has been fooled with on wiring, for the nitrous, and bseries. So I was thinking the best thing to do with the car since its pretty much gutted now, is remove all old wiring except like fuel pump and turnsignals and stuff like that and put my harness in it from my 91, since everything in my 91 is in good working condition. I guess I will start with some pictures tomorrow. I am wanting some input on the quickest,best way to swap all my stuff in to this 90 Si. I'm going to pull motor and tranny as a unit with shiftlinkage still hooked up, and pick the car off of it, and set the 90 Si on it. that way its a bolt affair. Use the 91 computed, harness and everything. Any suggestions, warnings, pics, advice are welcome. Negativeness is not appreciated, and for all I care you take it to bed with you. I will post pics tomorrow, before, and after my progress.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:05 PM

i didnt read ur thread cause it was tooo long but where are the pics. i am also building a rex from a bare shell
Old 08-11-2006, 10:21 PM

PIcs?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:04 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, i read it. Sounds like a good project man Should be fun to. Your one of the lucky people with more the one EF Looking foreward to seeing those pics too. Keep us updated
Old 08-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just took a break from outside working on it. I've got the old dash out which was a CRX dash, and im cleaning out all the floor, all the wiring. This car has had 3 different series of motors, has numerous b series and an f series at one point, no going back to square one with my d series, I'm just going to uses all the harnesses from my car. I'll post pics tonight!!!

One more quick opinion, CRX dash or Hatch dash?
Old 08-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (p00n)

Ok here are a few pics as of yesterday.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:33 AM
MEAT PATTY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh damn that is clean.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:34 AM

sucks about the wreck - did the other driver at least have insurance?

good looking shell, though.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes. ill post more pics tonight, i was using my moms dial up service. the other driver did have insurance, and they are cutting me a check for 2399.00 and i get to keep my car, with a salvage title
Old 08-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're right... that white HB is CLEAN!
Old 08-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bare EF shell build up Pics,Questions,and Comments. (p00n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by p00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm going to pull motor and tranny as a unit with shiftlinkage still hooked up, and pick the car off of it, and set the 90 Si on it. that way its a bolt affair. Use the 91 computed, harness and everything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like u got it figured out!
Old 08-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by p00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

One more quick opinion, CRX dash or Hatch dash?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'd say CRX just because i need a dash for my hatch cuz my si dash is cracked ... PM me and i'll buy one of em off u
Old 08-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this will be a nice EF project... just plan your build out and dont spend crazy on parts you dont need... and get quality parts not those generic ebay ****...

i got a almost bare crx shell that i am going to build from the ground up... and for all i know it will take time...
Old 08-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Only thing I plan to spend money on is, wire connectors, plastic conduet, engine degreaser, brake cleaner, brake fluid ect. you get the idea.

Today I got the dash, wire harness, carpet, seats all out of my 91, and got the wire harness into the 90, and about 75% hooked up, Theres a few plugs I am unsure about especially where the fuse box is, But I think once I put the dash in I'll be able to figure out most of it because it has its on wire harness. I put my jdm style bumper and corner lights on, and my 15/16 BB And MC. I work 8-5 so I'll post pics as I progress.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 08-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bare EF shell build up Pics,Questions,and Comments. (p00n)

I was just thinking about the emissions stuff, like the charchol canister, and i was wondering if there was a way that i could remove that stuff, because we dont have inspections. and to free up some room in the engine bay.thanks.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Contender25

See that, thats exactly what happen to me, same color, model, everything...maybe next time people will learn how to drive before it ruins someones pride and joy, after that i was mentally affected in a bad way, to the point to where next time im gonna break someones neck, and im not playing either, period.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Contender25

Yeah im crazy, i went to the effort to find the CD in my room to show this picture which was taken in like 2002 i believe, was a while ago, but either way, next time im callin the ambulance for them.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Contender25

BTW, that white hatch is beautiful.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by p00n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude... you have the nicest work area in the world.

&lt;--jealous
Old 08-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SiMateoAko)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiMateoAko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude... you have the nicest work area in the world.

&lt;--jealous</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would give it a if it had cement floor but...
how do you jack up cars? anything on that soil would just sink in.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (SiMateoAko)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiMateoAko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude... you have the nicest work area in the world.

&lt;--jealous</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow...if you think that's nice you would love our shop!

Heated floord .
Old 08-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's all formed up, and actually the cement was supposed to get poured until i had this lil accident. but as soon as im done. it will be poured. I got the dash back in my car, and the wiring for the most part. theres a few problems. i got the tach in, the carpert. does anybody know where i could find a pic of all the plugs plugged up to the fusebox.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Today after work I got the seats back in, finished all the wiring, minus the rear speakers. and the gauges. ( oil psi, water temp.) will post pics as soon as i go buy some batteries for my camera.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Contender25

So you almost got it set up to go, keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Bare EF shell build up Pics,Questions,and Comments.