Notices

another one lost to the theives dfw rexers be on the look out

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update on page 4!!

update on page 4!!!!

As some of you guys know, my car was stolen friday. (3/25/05)
Some of you will recognize it, as i have been on a few crx related websites. etc... Anyways, i figured i would post this sappy story to keep you guys alert in case you guys come across some of these parts on ebay, or h-t etc.... or maybe if your local (dfw tx area) and you see the car, ive already heard of a possible sighting

91 white crx, in almost mint condition, some minor hail damage, a few small door dings here and there,

motor
jdm b16a, integra type r cams, str billet bronze cam seal, red aem tru time cam gears (version 1.0) Revhard bseries turbo kit (precision sc34 turbo, .63 ar hotside/compressor side is also .63 .57mm wheel) revhard polished intercooler, with backdoor endtanks, black intercooler piping, vortec blow off valve, vortec fmu, turbosmart wastegate, revhard manifold, custom downpipe with flex pipe, half of it will be cast, the other half will be aluminum, there is 3 o2 bungs on it, and a crack in the dp around one of those bungs that has been repaired. 2.5 inch full catback exhaust, crush bent piping but very nice bends so the wont be crappy, with a n1 muffler, and a car sound cat, zdyne 1 wire ecu, im not sure of the serial number, i didnt write it down, and i dont have a picture of it

interior
Mint 91 crx si seats, the passenger seat, has a 2-3 inch tear in the back of the leather by the headrest, i was trying to get crafty with a kill switch and tore the back of the seat in the process other than that though it was perfect, a- pillar pop, autometer phantom series gauges, boost, and egt, the egt gauge is kind of irradic so if someon sells you an irradic white egt gauge let me know. apexi turbo timer , bel v985 radar, eclipse cd5423 headunit and a very old school greddy "grex" shift ***

Suspension, brakes, exterior
Kyb agx shocks in the front, del sol shocks in the back, h&r springs, i think the paint should be really messed up on one of those shocks (i sprayed some brake cleaner on some of those parts to clean it, and the spring looked like butt afterwards) earls stainless brake lines, the pads i doubt they would sell, they were close to needing to be replaced. Stock si wheels (99-00) with brand new yokohama avs es 100's, and the big ticket item, brand new full race traction bars

Here are some pictures

The other part of this i guess is just to point out how much of a reality autotheft is. Lessons i have learned through this whole ordeal. Keep good records, keep receipts for every single aftermarket part you buy, keep a bank statement, paypal receipt, related emails etc... take detailed pictures, and hold on to them you never know when you might need them, im going to lose out on my motorswap, i bought my motor with 2 other people, and the person that got the receipt lost it, they didnt send additional paperwork, and evidently steve from honda motors online, doesnt have a good record keeping system, he cant search his database by name, only by order numbers, so im sol on this

The other thing is, if your going to register a domain, and have our own website, dont use your home address. i think this is how i got burned, it didnt occur to me i guess when i registered for my domain how big of a mistake i was making. When you take as much pride in your cars as i do, you tend to like to take pictures and put on the interweb, and make how to guides and stuff like that, well if your using your own hosting any thief can goto network solutions and find out who the domian is registered to. The other thing is license plates, i guess anybody can find out what your address is with your license number, im assuming there is a website that lets you get this kind of information, i wish that the state did more to protect drivers. Soooo if you guys have an alternate address you might want to look into registering your car to a diffrent address, maybe your license as well.

As for me im not sure what im going to do, im getting married in a month, and just spent all of my savings on a honeymoon, getting a bigger apt etc... so im not sure how im going to come out of this, i think insurance will cover most of it, but no where near what i actually invested. My apts are not cooperating, we have 6 cameras in the apts, its been 7 days and they still havent found anything yet =/ Im pretty positive that the car was towed, and not driven away, but i suppose anything is possible.

Modified by slowpokesi at 12:20 PM 5/13/2005
Old 03-25-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: another one lost to the theives dfw rexers be on the look out (slowpokesi)

Sorry to hear about your car getting stolen. Hopefully it will be found and you might be able to salvage something but I doubt it. It sucks that you had so much cash and work into it and then some ignorant asshats decide that they want to steal, joyride it, and then strip it. Hope you get your car back in one piece.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: another one lost to the theives dfw rexers be on the look out (91civic)

dayum!
I am sorry to hear. I know how you feel, I had my 00 EPB Si stolen when I was least expecting.

I hope you get it back .

Thieves.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: another one lost to the theives dfw rexers be on the look out (slowpokesi)

i hope you get your car back. theives
Old 03-25-2005, 08:08 AM

your look nice as hell no wonder it got stolen. look at the big ol intercooler in the front. what theft deterent did you have on it? dont tell me alarm only. and i would never park that car outside garage only
Old 03-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ef_you_again)

NOOOOOO! I'm so sorry, Brandon.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: another one lost to the theives dfw rexers be on the look out (88 Crx Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88 Crx Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hope you get your car back. theives </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn man sorry to hear that. I will keep an eye out around here for any parts. Im just a straight shot from Dallas.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Loaded Butane)

dang man they need to do something about this =\ its getting way out of hand.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRX-Fluffy)

man sorry to hear about your car damn thieves....kinda got me worried now im moving to ennis in 7 days
Old 03-25-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: (d16efhatch)

&lt;----- Installing kill switches EVERYWHERE!
Old 03-25-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: (88 rex)

ugh, that sucks man. Any type of theft insurance by chance??
Old 03-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sporkcrx)

sorry to hear that, ill be no the look out...
Old 03-25-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: (sirq2u)

I seen pics of your car just this month in a big parking lot. Looked beautiful
Old 03-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Good, Bad…I'm the one with the gun

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

damn man this is your second car being stolen...
stan
Old 03-25-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: another one lost to the theives dfw rexers be on the look out (Stan D)

good luck man...
Old 03-25-2005, 02:39 PM

oh ******* hell..this really sucks and i am so sorry man..i will keep my eyes open for anything resembling your car and/or parts and..good luck..thieves need to be shot
Old 03-25-2005, 02:43 PM

Damn man that sucks. If I had a car worth stealing (heh) I'd prolly get LoJack on that **** just incase some dick does decide to steal it.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1987CRXSi)

damn that sucks man, that crx is so nice
Old 03-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fireant)

Dam man, that sucks. Hopefully they can recover something but we all know the odds of that. Just curious on what kind of security you had on it ? Kill switches, anything like that ? Any ideas on what your gonna do ? Buy another rex ? Really sucks to because you have be in the crx family for awhile now.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that was one of the nices crxs i have ever seen, good luck getting it back
Old 03-25-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: (civhatch90)

man sorry to hear about that almost had my **** jacked at Richland College, ************ tried to jam a screwdriver under passanger side door, but luckly someone came up in the middle so who knows, I am in big D too, will be on look out for parts...
Old 03-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ppfalcon)

I was thinking automated gun under the seat, so when theives sit down to drive away it shoots them up the yin yang
Old 03-26-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: (whole9)

probably someone on HT, shouldnt brag about your car ever, thats how people get you
Old 03-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Aaah damn dude, I'm sorry to hear. I remember you posted your car on CSI's OT a while back, honestly it was the nicest car in the entire thread.

Quick Reply: another one lost to the theives dfw rexers be on the look out