Notices

Almost complete build...loads of pictures...one of a kind interior/exterior

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost complete build...loads of pictures...one of a kind interior/exterior

They day I picked up the car:

All the work we did:

The interior was all done from fiberglass and we molded in some of the stock pieces to resuse with the fiberglass molds...such as along the radio/climate control and near the rear hatch part.

H22a jdm motor finally in!!

The dash looks funny in this picture...it really isn't that rough or dirty...the flash kinda ruined it, but still gives you the idea of how it turned out, along with the center console/cupholders and back.

As you can tell I have put a lot of time and work into building this car. I have been working on it for almost 3 years now as well as being a full time student and working to give me monies to put into the car. Let me know what you guys think!!! No one, I mean NO one has seen the car as it is right now except for close friends. So let me know of what you think!!! I am not quiet done with it yet, we still need to have the front glass reinstalled and put the cf hood back on. Also need to finish putting my interior back in, which we(my dad and I) made from fiberglass. As well as getting the windows tinted and tuned. Then it will be good to go hopefully! I would list the mods but it would be endless lol. Any questions on how we did anything and I can let you know. Enjoy the pics! (I have a ton more if anyone wants to see more)
Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Almost complete build...loads of pictures...one of a kind interior/exterior

Mother of god....
Old 11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost complete build...loads of pictures...one of a kind interior/exterior

A+ on motor
WTF on the rest
Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 PM

lol is that a good or bad "mother of god" and "WTF"
Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where to begin...

Awesome:
- taking a pile of junk and seeing a vision and shooting for it
- doing all of the work you have done... and doing it yourself
- dumping that big motor (for a honda) into a tiny car
- cupholders!!
- wheel choice
- color choice

Not so awesome:
- exhaust... 4 tailpipes?
- body kit
- gauge cluster looks like it's pointed up, not towards the driver
- CD player? get with the program, it's about flashdrives!!
- the interior paint
- I like that you went with a different dash setup, just think the setup you designed is ugly.
- 4 point harnesses
- headlamp and taillamp choices
- unpainted hood. great paint on the body, but then you left the hood unpainted
- I HATE slammed cars... but yours could drop another inch.

good luck with the finished product!!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no offense. what were you thinking with the fiberglass???
Old 11-10-2009, 10:10 PM

I was debating on the hood for a while actually and just decided to leave it carbon fiber, as for the others, its just a matter of taste, I love the way the black lights look on the car, and design I made with the dash and panels hence why I made it that way, the interior paint just looks bad in those pics because of my camera...it is all just black that matches which you can't really tell in that pic. The guage cluster is pointed a tad up but can still be seen fine when your sitting in the seat.

The fiberglass...i disliked the interior(looked old) so decided to go my own route and do something different that noone else had done before
Old 11-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by dustonian

The fiberglass...i disliked the interior(looked old) so decided to go my own route and do something different that noone else had done before
Should have just gone with a different car then.

You obviously dont like these cars much....

I am kinda diggin the taillights though.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:20 PM

If i didn't like this car then I wouldn't have worked on it for 3 years...that would have just been silly. My goal was to restore the car both interior and exterior with something that literally noone has done or really tried before.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 PM

the rear part isnt quiet put together yet but this is what it looks like

Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My honest reaction...

I like the fact that you are doing something different. I like that the bumper is "half stock" noticing the molding still there. I won't say that I like the outcome of the bumper, that's really subjective and will vary from person to person. I've never been a fan of the rear bumper but I never liked seeing that particular bumper with only one exhaust. I like the creativity for the interior as well as it's functionality but it's overall aesthetic outcome...I think it would've looked better stock with the custom cup holders (god knows how those would come in handy). I like the color and rim combo, overall everything appears to be straight and even. Overall...I can appreciate the work put in it and even though it doesn't reflect my personal taste (by today's standards anyway) I give you a thumbsup.

More important than pleasing the masses is accomplishing what you want. Regardless of differing tastes, I have more respect for the person who does his/her own work than someone who doesn't.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Yea I am moooorrreee then pleased with the outcome. The cupholders are actually based off of a different honda. I took a mold off of an 08 honda fit and was able to fit it in nicely
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM
PHANTOM MENACE

I absolutely recognized the cup holders (my girl has a Fit too and man they work even with big gulps).

Further analysis since you posted rear interior pics...

I see where you were going with the dash, I think what kills it for me is that the stereo/climate control area stands out and is obviously not custom. Also, the lack of a glove box makes that particular area look awkward and too plain. As for the rear interior, not sure what the subs/floor are wrapped in but I don't particularly like it. Maybe if it was all painted or something.

Overall, still get a thumbup from me
Old 11-10-2009, 10:40 PM
PHANTOM MENACE

Dude the more I look at your subs the more I think they look like...

You should rewrap them in some flesh colored material and fab up a huge bra for them LOL
Old 11-10-2009, 10:44 PM

The actual floorboard itself where the spare is, is painted, the speaker/wheel well area is fabric that meets with the side panels, here is another pic that may help....

this is a very crappy photo that doesn't do any justice to the fabric or paint, but you can get the idea

Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 PM

LOL bra, without the seats in it looked even funnier
Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 PM

I know people are gonna hate on that side piece with the design I made, but the reasoning behind it was to break up all the curviness from the pieces we made everywhere else in the car. So it was nice to draw your eye to a point somewhere rather then just having curves everywhere.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i like the door panels, and i like the exterior. i personally think the dash is a bit much (i like my ef dash) but at least your car is both show AND go. now.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE throw some rear discs on there and read up on the 11" front brake swap. make your **** fill those rims! lol

props to ya for doing something different.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry but if you came on this forum thinking everyone would like your car, you were very VERY wrong. I admire someone putting work in, but what you build does not suit everyone's taste.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:58 AM

i like the fact that you actually put in your own work in and this might be your style or what not, but simple is always better. a simple oem jdm look woulda been better.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by dustonian
If i didn't like this car then I wouldn't have worked on it for 3 years...that would have just been silly.
Seems to me like you worked very hard to change every aspect of the car.

Im not hating, i respect anyone who puts in work and reaches a goal, but this kind of "custom" **** is far better suited to the hot rod and lowrider crowds.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey, although I'm with you guys, its his car & he liked it & he kindly share it to us. Thank you. Maybe he just want to be different. It took him 3 years !
Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

slammmm that ****! wheel gap is yucky
Old 11-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very creativity! good work!

but i highly suggest to look back and compare your car to the other cars. do you think your design is a little bit over? old cars is absolutely nice when you put back the OEM and fresh parts. That is the hard part and if you manage to get those parts plus the effort and time.... man i am telling you... you will be in magazine in no time!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:32 AM

love the paint.

Quick Reply: Almost complete build...loads of pictures...one of a kind interior/exterior