Notices

$Value Sticky$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost? (COMMENTS ENCOURAGED)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: $Value Sticky: What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?$ (COMMENTS ENCOURA

Where can I find Type-R Cams? and how much would they cost?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 88-91 CRX/EF Civic Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) -- (your input is needed)

I have a 89 Crx Si with an ls swap im still a rookie on this stuff. I want to know should i Buy Type-R Cams and a whale dick intake would it be a good investment?

Opinions on what i should do?
Old 09-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default so whats everyones opinions on a realistic asking price on a 90 crx

thinking about selling got a little one on the way so i have a 90 crx dx with a jdm b16a obd1 with obd1 pr3 about 20k on engine parts list
skunk2 pro black intake mani with port match 68m tb
skunk2 pro stage 2 cams with sk2 valves springs and retainers
built bottom end
thermal r&d catback greddy header
energy suspension master bushing kit
b&m short shifter
megan racing seats
no rust at all on it fresh paint midnight black with 16in rotas
other misc stuff not worth mentioning please no bashes just looking for a realistic price to ask if i go threw with it
Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: so whats everyones opinions on a realistic asking price on a 90 crx

I have seen a couple here in Ohio with turbo go for $5k.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default New to hondas (1991 Civic HB Base)

I just picked up a 1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Base with the 1.5L - 4speed trans. The car has around 172k although it seems to run pretty well. What it needs; Exhaust repaired, New Radiator, Water pump is making a noise?, CV axle on passenger side (It clicks), I think the rear passenger side tire has a bad wheel bearing, It grinds bad. I had to replace the seals around the spark plug holes that sit under the valve cover. One was bad and was causing oil to leak down into the hole (I think that's what it was). The reason I thought it was the seals - The car has decent compression, the leak was on cylinder 2, these are my comp test results

Cylinder 1 - 160
Cylinder 2 - 180 (Can't be bad rings or valve seals?)
Cylinder 3 - 160
Cylinder 4 - 180

So far I'm 1050$ into the car after a complete tune up and oil change. After all these little repairs I will be right around 1800~2000$, Is it worth it?

On a side note, I am going to replace the radiator, water pump and timing belt, what brands should i get? the car is all stock and I plan on keeping it that way through college, Also does anyone have a center console for a 94-00 teg and a **** for sale?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $Value Sticky: What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?$ (COMMENTS ENCOURA

how much could the crx si seats with red stitching and red emblem ( stock) go for.. mint? (highest bid)??
Old 10-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $Value Sticky$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost? (COMMENTS ENCOURAG

i would say the dx hatch is worth it. that shell is clean, i cant see any dents or rust on it.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $Value Sticky$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost? (COMMENTS ENCOURAG

do you guys thinks 5 lug set up for ef da knuckle is worth more less or same as the average price for 5 lug on dc knuckles?
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What does it mean when your selling a transmision and they ask "Any pop out grinds?"
Old 10-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It means does your transmission grind when shifting

Or if it pops out of gear while driving
Old 10-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DELETED

Last edited by Freemananana; 11-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any ideas what I could get selling a D16A6 engine with 86K miles on it and the auto transmission that came with it?
Old 10-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

EDIT: Found my answer.

Last edited by EFlovin'; 10-30-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got one of the old school HKS Dual Tip cat-back exhaust systems (with the HKS resonator) on my CRX. I'm not really looking to sell, but I know they are at least semi-rare. Approximately how much do ya'll think the system is worth?

For what its worth, I traded my ED hatch Invidia catback for it straight up. I'm just curious.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Match Box
Any ideas what I could get selling a D16A6 engine with 86K miles on it and the auto transmission that came with it?
about 300 in the norhtwest where i live
Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: so whats everyones opinions on a realistic asking price on a 90 crx

Originally Posted by redline it
thinking about selling got a little one on the way so i have a 90 crx dx with a jdm b16a obd1 with obd1 pr3 about 20k on engine parts list
skunk2 pro black intake mani with port match 68m tb
skunk2 pro stage 2 cams with sk2 valves springs and retainers
built bottom end
thermal r&d catback greddy header
energy suspension master bushing kit
b&m short shifter
megan racing seats
no rust at all on it fresh paint midnight black with 16in rotas
other misc stuff not worth mentioning please no bashes just looking for a realistic price to ask if i go threw with it
I hear you. Depends a little on mileage, etc but I would say $8000 if you have receipts and the car is perfect. Most swapped crx in good condition are 5k range.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon2 Is this a real Si? Worth the asking price?

Hello all,

I'm seriously considering buying this CRX. I've already been in contact with the seller inquiring about the condition, options, etc. It sounds like a pretty solid car. However, after doing a little research, I've noticed that the front bumper does not look like what a 90 CRX Si front bumper should look like. I can't tell if it has a sunroof in the pics provided. And I haven't requested the VIN# yet to confirm it is an actual Si.

What do you guys think? Is it legit or worth his asking price? Thanks in advance.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3374884165.html
Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know how much a OEM 88-91 CRX car cover would cost?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Clean body
Old 11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this a real Si? Worth the asking price?

Originally Posted by DaChoZn1
Hello all,

I'm seriously considering buying this CRX. I've already been in contact with the seller inquiring about the condition, options, etc. It sounds like a pretty solid car. However, after doing a little research, I've noticed that the front bumper does not look like what a 90 CRX Si front bumper should look like. I can't tell if it has a sunroof in the pics provided. And I haven't requested the VIN# yet to confirm it is an actual Si.

What do you guys think? Is it legit or worth his asking price? Thanks in advance.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3374884165.html
Nice car. Not original paint though, the middle and lower trim would be dull black and not shiny. I'd beat him up on the price a little, more like 4k.
Wow, second look and it has civic fenders and front bumper too. I would take a closer look at that car, not original at all.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this a real Si? Worth the asking price?

Originally Posted by zrickety
Nice car. Not original paint though, the middle and lower trim would be dull black and not shiny. I'd beat him up on the price a little, more like 4k.
Wow, second look and it has civic fenders and front bumper too. I would take a closer look at that car, not original at all.
Thanks man!! I wish you would have responded sooner. I already booked a trip to buy it with the intentions of driving it back home. It's about 3hrs away from where I live. So far, we've agreed to $4800 sight unseen. I still have to look it over and test drive it. I'll take a closer look at what you see. Maybe he'll come down more once I point it out. I'm new to the CRX. You guys will see things that I don't. Thanks again. You may have saved me from paying too much.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Trial User

Default New guy, new to Honda, have some questions

Hello,

I am about to receive a crx in a somewhat unknown condition. It's a 90-91 crx si, or at least it has an si badge. It's been abandoned on my father in laws property, the guy who owns it no longer wants it so I'm taking it.

I have seen it, and I remember the body being in pretty good condition. I'm told it doesn't run and possibly has a cracked head. Don't know if its the original motor or not.

I'm looking to getting it up and running and using as a daily driver. Maybe some mods here and there, but money's tight so we'll see. I'd love to turbo it but I don't see that ever happening.

My questions are, as I'm unfamiliar with Hondas, what to look out for. When do I decide that it's not worth putting money into and better off scrapping/parting out? If its the original motor and its trash, what's my best option? Rebuild or swap (with a limited budget in mind)? I've looked around the forum and google for a quick list of what engines/trannies from which cars i can swap in easily and budget friendly but haven't found anything cut and dried. Or a glossary of "Honda" terms. I've been on several different car forums for the last decade or so and have seen many terms on this board that I've never heard of before lol.

Thanks and hopefully I'll be able to post up some pics of the car and progress soon! I should be getting the car in a week or two.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can any one tell me what a PS9 Ecu from a 91 Civic EX is worth?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[]

Last edited by Match Box; 12-15-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much would mint condition 1990 Grey Hatch Vinyl seats go for? I go some SI seats and someone was wondering how much I would sell my front and rear vinyl seats for. There are no rips or tears in the vinyl.

Quick Reply: $Value Sticky$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost? (COMMENTS ENCOURAGED)