"It's been a long time...."

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "It's been a long time...."

Man it's been ages since I last seen this board (more like months but hey still a long time...). I left my tight *** J-O @ TOYO TIRES to go to school full time, get rid of the "I still gots lots of time to finish school" sickness and get my sheets str8. Well times passed and where am I??? Taking 14 units at a Community College transferring to Cal State San Luis Obispo next Fall to get my BS in Ind. & Man Engineering. I'm doin the damn thing I guess. I just wanted to take the time n say this car stuff really gets to you. It's real easy to get side tracked fresh outta H.S. where all you can think about is your ride you're stuck at a $10/hr job saving for your next mod taking 1-3 units at school. All I can say is look at the big picture. I was canyon cruising one day on the way to Malibu (don't you love PCH!!!) and saw this tight as Porsche come from behind and pass. I find him at the beach in MY SPOT!!!( by the 3rd FOOD SIGN). I parked next to him and told him he had a fly *** ride-told me this was his daily driver and has a thing for cars too. After talking with the guy for a while I was saying to myself, I wonder how ling it would take to get a Porsche like that??? Too long!!! I was moving FAST in my car but slow in LIFE!!! Where's knowing how to do an LS/VTEC conversion gonna get me in 10 years??? Damn it!!! Well I'm here now, working Part time at Target and focusing 100% on my school work maintaining a 3.9 to keep the admission office happy. I hope all you and feel me now. Gots ta bounce!
L8
Old 11-21-2002, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "It's been a long time...." (Chris90STD)

is that a rap?

Yager-
Old 11-21-2002, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "It's been a long time...." (ImportHatch)

yeah but for guys like me who are married, have children, own a house, and work honda parts, this **** is my life.
i make enough money not to have to worry about anything. my wife supports my addiction just like i support here alcohol addiction (just kidding)

i'm more interested in living a good life, rather than earning a great living.
don't get me wrong i only make about $50,000.00 a year but my house only has 12 years left at $450.00 a month mortgage
i feel sorry for all you guys who are going to school to learn useless information that doesn't apply to REAL LIFE!
Old 11-21-2002, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "It's been a long time...." (JoshDM)

Damn, 450 for morgage!!! That must have been a hell of a down on it!

Education is a good thing, but all it ends up to be in most cases is a piece of paper that gets you in the door, then you start to learn what you didn't in school for the job that you went to school in the first place to get.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "It's been a long time...." (Chris90STD)

want a cookie?