Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

2016 CR-V question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 02:19 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 CR-V question

Recently I traded my 2013 Accord for a 2016 CR-V. The Accord was an EX-L Coupe V-6 and was fun to drive. I am a retiree who is kinda old and fat and the Accord coupe was not easy to enter and exit, hence the CR-V. I miss the big V-6 but the CR-V is a nice car and I am sure I will get used to it. Naturally there are some differences and that is to be expected. There is one that has me baffled. The Accord had the customary shark fin contraption on the roof but the CR-V has a small whip antenna. The owners' manual says this must be removed before going through a car wash. Is this true? What were they thinking? This car is 3 years newer than my previous car! Is there a substitute? It is a matter of time before I forget to do this. Did I mention I am old? How much does it cost to replace this antenna?

Thanks in advance.

Hector
Old 06-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: 2016 CR-V question

My wife takes our 02 CRV with a “whip” antenna through car washes all the time. Never had an issue.

Ive seen cars around here with aftermarket antennas that are much smaller and not of the “whip” variety - they are solid. You’ll probably find some online.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:12 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2016 CR-V question

Good to know. Thanks Smackin.