Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

2003 CRV intake issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 CRV intake issue

Hello all, I've got a weird problem and need help.

I was changing out the starter on my 2003 CRV. Took off the intake manifold and hoses to get at the starter.
While waiting a few days for starter to arrive, I lightly plugged the intake ports with some paper rag to keep out dirt.

Starter came, I installed. Before attempting to replace all the equipment that sets over top the starter, I thought
I would try it out to make sure it turned the engine over,----- FORGETTING THAT I HAD THE PAPER RAG IN THE
THE INTAKE PORTS! As you might expect, some of the paper rag got partially pulled into a couple vavles.

Luckily, I THINK the two pairs of valves at each end of the engine were spared, but one valve in each pair of the center sets of
valves has a small amount of paper rag caught, I believe, between the valve and the valve seats.
I've managed to pull out some, but there is still some paper caught that I can't seem to get out, or get at easily.

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas on how I can correct this blunder on my part, and get the small pieces of paper
rag out from those valves? (If it's just a small amount of paper rag, is it even a problem? Would it be sucked in and
combusted and then exhausted?) Forever grateful for any and all help here!!!

Thanks in advance.
Ben