Yo boyz

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yo boyz

Yo,
I'm a new guy.
I just got a 98' civc cx.
My bro is torquerin tourer or whatever...

Here's the problem:
My bro crashed his civic and he had a gsr engine and exhaust and all that fun stuff.
So my rents think it's because he was going too fast (which he was but...). So i am not allowed to touch my car. I am going to anyway of course but what do you guys suggest i get. Stuff my rents won't notice. And no, moving out is not an option. Being that i am 16. And no rice ideas!!

Later
Old 12-30-2001, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yo boyz (RedHatch)

for one you can stop trying to act so hard core and just be normal! and as for your car just go basic like strut bars, sways bars, and your basic intake and header for your car, all of that stuff isnt noticeable and it will help out a litttle without spending a couple thousand on a swap or turbo
Old 12-30-2001, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

windshield washer lights...those scream, "This car is fast"
Old 12-30-2001, 03:00 PM
New User

Default Re: Yo boyz (fowler yo!)

do what your parents say. their house their rules.

but if you must disobey do up your suspension. ie swaybars, strut bars, and lower tie bars.
Old 12-30-2001, 05:57 PM

yup they are phat ****
Old 12-30-2001, 06:03 PM

yup they are phat ****
I highly suggest considering your responses better than this, I am by no means a veteran to this board, but I have been around honda boards and Honda Tech long enough to know these guys are not going to stand for smart a$$ responses, this place is not like some of the other boards you might have been on, bullshit gets swept out real quick

As for mods to your car I say but you are 16 and want to defy your parents and don't see that sometimes they do things for your own good, so with that said I will suggest no mods to your car.
Old 12-30-2001, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Yo boyz (KawiGreenVTEC)

yup they are phat ****

I highly suggest considering your responses better than this, I am by no means a veteran to this board, but I have been around honda boards and Honda Tech long enough to know these guys are not going to stand for smart a$$ responses, this place is not like some of the other boards you might have been on, bullshit gets swept out real quick

As for mods to your car I say but you are 16 and want to defy your parents and don't see that sometimes they do things for your own good, so with that said I will suggest no mods to your car.
you catch on quick (and i saw a teg with your color last night at the street races)

and for disobeying your patents if you keep it simple e.g. intake, headers and exhaust they probably wont care as long as you dont go tearing out your engine like im about to do.
Old 12-30-2001, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yo boyz (KAMiN)

Maybe spend some money on a driver improvement course or a racing school. Then you'll know how to drive, and you won't wreck your car like your brother did. Plus your parents will think you're responsible, and maybe won't mind you modding your car so much.

(BTW, I happen to be posting from Frenchtown tonight. Central NJ in that hizzy! )

[Modified by Barabus, 6:26 AM 12/31/2001]
Old 12-30-2001, 11:14 PM

Would your parents know the difference between a D16 and B18 engine? Seems like as long as it says Honda on it, it shouldn't really matter. How would they know?

Old 12-31-2001, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Yo boyz (bagelw)

Heh, funny story. I have yet to tell my mom that I did a motor swap. I have my stock motor sitting in the corner of my garage just gathering dust. I told her that it's my friend's and I'm just storing it for now.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Heh, funny story. I have yet to tell my mom that I did a motor swap. I have my stock motor sitting in the corner of my garage just gathering dust. I told her that it's my friend's and I'm just storing it for now.
Haha, either you've got a big garage or a tolerant mother. My mom get's mad over people leaving jacks in the garage I can't imagine how she'd go off if she thought one of my friends motors was sitting in there
Old 12-31-2001, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Yo boyz (Chris93Si)

That's pretty funny. Btw when i said phat **** i was talking about the windshield wiper lights. Wasn't being disrespectful...
Old 12-31-2001, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yo boyz (TravisEK)

No, dummy, remember when you left those cinder blocks and your car's jack in my garage for like two months and my mom was ready to punch you in the face for it.
Old 12-31-2001, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Yo boyz (Chris93Si)

I can picture you two having a slap fight right now
Old 12-31-2001, 09:51 AM

im understanding where your coming from (being 17 myself), but seriously, just go for suspension parts....even the most tolerant of mothers will notice if you put I/H/E on your car...it make it much much louder. Just give it time, all of it will be behind you, just get you a job, save some money and put it all into a turbo when shes ready to let you mod it (or your 18)
Old 12-31-2001, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Yo boyz (icyballa3)

im understanding where your coming from (being 17 myself), but seriously, just go for suspension parts....even the most tolerant of mothers will notice if you put I/H/E on your car...it make it much much louder. Just give it time, all of it will be behind you, just get you a job, save some money and put it all into a turbo when shes ready to let you mod it (or your 18)
oooo k....and having your car dumped to the floor isnt noticeable...?
Old 12-31-2001, 10:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Yo boyz (icyballa3)

Okay, the first thing you need to figure out is how much money you're looking to spend.

Next question for you:

What KIND of car do you have? Civic? Integra? What engine?

Your responses will help me in helping you - like if you've got an Integra with a decent motor, then obviously no swap. from there it's what kind of money are you trying to spend?

I/H/E are a waste of money if you can't have them ALL, and that would definately be noticable even to the most retarded of parents.

If you've got a good base motor, why not get cams and camgears? True they won't make as much power without the I/H/E, but they will boost your hp, be TOTALLY stealth as long as you don't cut the valve cover, and you can even sleep on the most observant street racers with them.

suspension mods will be noticable - like lowering the car.

Let me know your car and money situation - I'll try to help.

Lastly - It really does help to try and keep the slang to a minimum - if it's really who you are, then fine, but people here won't take you seriously and they will rip on you rather than help. This MB is THE best Honda MB hands down, but there are unspoken rules about not talking ahit and not typing lots of slang.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

(Would have given you a beer, but then I could be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor )
Old 12-31-2001, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I can picture you two having a slap fight right now
No, we settle all of our differences through the ancient art of thumb wrestling.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Yo boyz (B18C5-EH2)

Thanks For your help. Sorry about the slang. Force of habit.

And i have a job and will spend whatever it takes. And i already have suspension mods in my possession. I have sway and strut bars. And i have springs. All that was salvaged from my brother's car. I won't install them until i get my liscense in may. So that my dad won't think something is broken when i am learning manual. I have a 98' civic cx. Which has a small engine.
So i was thinking about an ls engine? Would that make my car sound louder? Would it be super obvious? Thanx for you any help.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:01 AM
B18C-EJ1

Thanks For your help. Sorry about the slang. Force of habit.
Don't worry, when your ***** drop, and you grow up, you'll stop doing it.
Old 12-31-2001, 02:14 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default 98 CX?

You've got a nice platform to build on. An engine swap is inevitable - sorry, but the D16 in that car won't last once you get really serious about performance.

Strut bars, sway bar, and springs are a good start, but pretty obvious. BTW: what kind of car are those pieces from? I'm too lazy to scroll back up...If they're not made for the 1996-2000 Civic, then it might lower the car, but ride like ***. It's best to get springs made specifically for your kind of car - year and all.

An LS motor would be very nice, and very easy to swap into your car. No wiring up of VTEC or anything. The car won't be any louder if you'll just use the stock airbox from a 99-00 Civic Si - that one BOLTS in your car and looks totally factory - because it is.

Even a B16A or B18C1 would be quiet enough if you didn't hit VTEC around your parents. Look, it's good to oney your parents man, but sometimes they can over react to **** like your situation.

An LS swap is cheap, and easy. It will be a strong foundation to work with - you can always add the VTEC top end (build it RIGHT!) or boost on it whether it's turbo or supercharger.

Who did your brother's swap? If he did it, then yours would be easy too. I'd try to do it yourself or have a friend do it. It should take no more than a weekend to do if you work hard at it.

Gotta go man. I'll check this thread later after New Year's partying...

Later.
Old 12-31-2001, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the things in my sig. have been done to my car and there is really no way of knowing if you just look at it . You could also upgrade your brakes all around, let the parents know about it, since it is all in the interest of safety. Then, once you get done with all the suspension mods, you will have a nice platform to build a fast car. More importantly, by that time you will have more driving experience, be a little wiser, and you car will be able to handle some new found power as well as you, the driver.
Old 01-01-2002, 08:16 AM

Default Re: 98 CX? (B18C5-EH2)

BTW: what kind of car are those pieces from? I'm too lazy to scroll back up...If they're not made for the 1996-2000 Civic, then it might lower the car, but ride like ***. It's best to get springs made specifically for your kind of car - year and all.
All the suspension is from my brother's 95 civic coupe and he's got some aftermarket shocks. If they don't fit why? my brother says my car is lighter then his is.
Old 01-01-2002, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Yo boyz

What about exhaust? anything relatively unoticeable?
Old 01-01-2002, 08:54 AM
New User

What about exhaust? anything relatively unoticeable?
Apexi WorldSport. The darn thing looks almost stock and you can barely hear it but it is quite decent for performance.

Quick Reply: Yo boyz