Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

YO ATTN: big problem, shipping a motor exp. anyone please resond

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YO ATTN: big problem, shipping a motor exp. anyone please resond

OK, i bought the motor(y8) and the shipping was 350 bucks, and so was the motor. THe carrier business wants 241.22 bucks for this shippment, thats messed up. I didn't agree to that, was this a scam. ANyone ever experience this before.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: YO ATTN: big problem, shipping a motor exp. anyone please resond (sleepyhamsterlx)

wait...so your getting the shipping for cheaper
good for you!
you save like 70$
Old 02-16-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Re: YO ATTN: big problem, shipping a motor exp. anyone please resond (otakueric)

no, let me rephrase that, the total for the shipping/motor was 700 both were 350 bucks,. I already paid that amount, now the shipping business wants another 241.22 bucks from me, should i pay or hold it there till i settle this
Old 02-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: YO ATTN: big problem, shipping a motor exp. anyone please resond (sleepyhamsterlx)

My guess is that he already paid the company or whoever he ordered the engine from the shipping... now the shipping company wants money too...

The person or company you bought the engine from may have forgotten to pay the company...

When the company doesn't get paid by the shipper they assume it's C.O.D. so chances are it's a communication error between the shipping company and the shipper.

Also if this is the case it appears that the shipper (guy selling you the engine) has made a buck or two off the shipping too... not like that's un-common but it's not the greatest policy (my company does the same thing it pisses me off.)
Old 02-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ i mean 90..you save 90
Old 02-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (otakueric)

read, he isnt saving money. he is having to pay more money.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:02 PM

same thing happened to me, shipped a k20a from uk to long beach dock, had to find shipping companied in uk to go pick it up and ship it.
well i wanted to go to long beach and get it all myself when the boat arrived, which didnt seem to be a problem.
so i searched around and found one shipper to pick up the engine and ship it on thier vessel to long beach dock for 450$ (all taxes and fees included). that was supposed to be it!
then they gave me a number to contact so theyd let me know when the shipment got here.
they inform me that if us customs wants to inspect it thats another 200-300$ charge
so im like wtf i thought customs was included.. i guess uk customs leaving the country.. whatever
i need my engine so i get a broker and i end up paying 2404 for customs.
then the company says i owe them 380$ im like nooooooo
i was paying 450 and that was it.. i already got fucked with customs..
so they wont release the engine till i pay them, say all the $ was to recieve the engine use forklifts etc.. which i KNOW is a bunch of bs. but in the end
thay have your engine and got you by the ***** so you really have no choice but to pay it (like me)
maybe cod would be the beter choice next time.. that way you know your not going to get any additional charges..

ohh one last trick they try and pull on you, is as if you have a loading dock, because if you dont or dont have a forklift they try and stick you with an additional charge for driving it in a "special" truck with a lift on the back, when 99% or the trucks they use have a lift anyway
and they all bring one of those dolly forklifts to move the **** around.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:58 PM

well after debating whether or not to just pay the extra money( ) im pissed, i paid it. Yes, some are going totally critize me for doing it, but i did it because i was eager to do a y7manifold swap to a y8, im taking everything off as we speak, the intake manifold, the tranny the head, rods, pistons, leaving just the crank. THis looks to be a fun filled night.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:12 PM
nub
Honda-Tech Member

most shipping companies charge more for delivering to a residence as opposed to a buisiness, maybe this applies to you. was this for the engine only? 150- 250 is average- complete swap is usually 250-325.