Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Yes!! Finally joined the B.A.R club! eg hatch/jdm gsr

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes!! Finally joined the B.A.R club! eg hatch/jdm gsr

on monday i finally got my car B.A.R certified. it was a pretty easy process.
all i had was a borrowed short ram intake (thanks k5), dc 4-2-1 header, skunk2 pro series IM, and a custom cat back.

the ref told me that the most important thing is that you have a CA ecu of the correct year. once you have the correct ecu, make sure that your motor has all of the same smog equipment as the motor that was originally with the ecu.

Make sure that your cat is nice a hot when it goes on the dyno!!! i failed the smog test at first cause the ref let my car cool down too much....but he was cool. he let me drive it around and come back. then i passed with flying colors.

here's some proof. it looks a little funny cause i PSed out any important numbers and stuff.

p.s dont ask me what ref i went to. i dont really want people to know what area i live in. im pretty paranoid. but id be glad to answer any other question you migh have.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yes!! Finally joined the B.A.R club! eg hatch/jdm gsr (TK-4004)

Old 11-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

congtrats on your b.a.r. stuff. Getting ready to do that again myself.

got a question though.. my S2 manifold doesnt have an EO on it, so I switched back to a stock GSR intake manifold. Did the older manifold just not have, but the newer ones do?
Old 11-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EgSalad)

the E.O number isnt actually on the manifold.....it came with a little plaque with E.O number on it.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EgSalad)

hey congrats and welcome to the club! sucks that you guys have to pay $98 now. Anyways i've been bar'd since 09/05. Feels good dont it.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:49 PM

was there any fees to get your car bar'd?
Old 11-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AnDThEnWuT)

that long list of posts above yours is also there for a reason.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AnDThEnWuT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey congrats and welcome to the club! sucks that you guys have to pay $98 now. Anyways i've been bar'd since 09/05. Feels good dont it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (peacexisxfree)

actually...it was only $35.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: (TK-4004)

sick man!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: (peacexisxfree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by peacexisxfree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that long list of posts above yours is also there for a reason.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha man i didnt even see that
Old 11-06-2005, 10:51 PM
99-0104

Default Re: (elph925)

where did you get it done at ... and i am asking even though i read that your a scared lil bitch about your honda getting stolen ...
Old 11-06-2005, 11:16 PM

congrats...so is the fee $35 or $98 now?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Stripped Honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and i am asking even though i read that your a scared lil bitch about your honda getting stolen ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 11-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where did you get it done at ... and i am asking even though i read that your a scared lil bitch about your honda getting stolen ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

ok.......??? nice input to the thread.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seriously, u drive a honda, face it, your car is just a target. Everyone who is a car enthusiast faces this, regardless of whether or not their car or a friend's is stolen.

BTW, being part of the BAR club doesnt increase your chance of your car being jacked. You live in so cal, car jackings happen
Old 11-07-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: (teknoracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where did you get it done at ... and i am asking even though i read that your a scared lil bitch about your honda getting stolen ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

What the hell?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teknoracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seriously, u drive a honda, face it, your car is just a target. Everyone who is a car enthusiast faces this, regardless of whether or not their car or a friend's is stolen. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What is your logic behind this? So it's OK to give out information that could lead people to your car?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teknoracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW, being part of the BAR club doesnt increase your chance of your car being jacked. You live in so cal, car jackings happen</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm prettyyy sure that's not why the OP got BAR'd.

Congrats on getting BAR'd though. Must be a good feeling that you can't get busted for the stuff under your hood.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice , hopefully ill be bar'ed on of these days.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yes!! Finally joined the B.A.R club! eg hatch/jdm gsr (underb00steg6)

Thats good to hear. Im in the process of getting my motor B.A.R'ed. So I need the correct ecu of my car year? Thanks. I have a 93 civic. Can I just use any 94-95 obd1 p72?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (teknoracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teknoracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seriously, u drive a honda, face it, your car is just a target. Everyone who is a car enthusiast faces this, regardless of whether or not their car or a friend's is stolen.

BTW, being part of the BAR club doesnt increase your chance of your car being jacked. You live in so cal, car jackings happen</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have no idea what you're talking about. why would getting my car BARed increase my chances of getting the car stolen?? I just dont want to give info that will lead to the location of my car.

another thing....people do realize that hondas are targets, but we dont have to "face it". most people do something about it (whether they install alarms, kill switches, etc). if i were to give the location of the place that i got my car BARed, it narrows the vicinity of my car's location considerably. Now why would i want to do that??

xtremeazian
you need to have the correct ecu for the motor (not the car). so yeah, if you are going to put in an obd1 gsr, then you need an obd1 CA p72. hope that helps
Old 11-07-2005, 06:44 AM
99-0104

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TK-4004 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok.......??? nice input to the thread.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what is the use of this thread besides you being a attention ***** saying look at me look at me i got a sticker and i am not telling you where i got it ... and the imput about having the right ecu for the car this is not new information so basicly this is a repost then .... useless thread

and yes who gives a expletive about your civic getting stolen .. that is what insurance is for i have a 2001 gsr and a 2000 civic si and i dont care if either gets stolen because it is insured properly ... man the f uck up

Old 11-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OH YEAH! You totally burned him Stripped Honda! I'm so glad that there are guys like you out there to regulate people when they get all proud of something cool. Yeah, those people are sooo stupid....what, driving Hondas that are legal on CA streets. That's for chumps.

btw, great gallery! And having had a eg hatch stolen from me, I know that it's just a breeze to deal with the insurance company and police and then picking up the shell is just awesome!!! I love paying too much for insurance because expletives like you expletive the expletive expletives.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and yes who gives a expletive about your civic getting stolen .. that is what insurance is for i have a 2001 gsr and a 2000 civic si and i dont care if either gets stolen because it is insured properly ... man the f uck up </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you serious?
You don't care if both of your cars are stolen? Right buddy.... right.
Why don't you post up your address for all the thieves then? Leave your doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition while your at it.

Don't be ignorant, just to make this kid feel bad.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm just glad I live in Texas and don't have to worry about being B.A.R. 'd
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (mwieczorek43)

So. Cal is a pretty huge place. I could say that i went to Elac for my test (which i did btw) but i live about 15miles away. You car could get stolen just going to the gorcery store. Its sad but true. Not just hondas, any. Get kill switchings, boots, pull the ecu make it so if they really want your car they have to tow it.

Anyway congrates on your test. Only question i have though is the fee. I heard from a friend in Sacramento who works directly with the BAR exam setting up your appointments that now its 100 and some change or something to pay more of the fees to keep the BAR exam open. But if you got it for 35 then that seems a little odd to me. When was your first test?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:21 AM

I was always wondering what those were for =P but I have an idea now

Quick Reply: Yes!! Finally joined the B.A.R club! eg hatch/jdm gsr