Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Yellow plug for vtec (coming out of soleniod???)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yellow plug for vtec coming out of soleniod (pic)

I have the full engine harness for my 94 D16Z6. Nothing is cut and the engine has less then 65 xxxkm. So there is a green/teal plug for the oil pressure switch. It has a grey plug that connects to it and yes, it is the right plug and the connection is fine. Then there is a yellow plug coming out of the bottom of the vtec soleniod? There is no connector for it and it has only one wire that is black. Is this just for ground? If so, should I just cut it and ground it? I even called honda and they have no clue what that plug is for? I think they must know, but are too lazy . Oh, yes I searched and the only yellow plug I have read or seen was at the bottom for the oil pressure switch. Someone please help! I will try and post pics.

Modified by Bond at 8:35 AM 7/25/2005

Modified by Bond at 2:04 PM 7/31/2005

Modified by Bond at 2:05 PM 7/31/2005
Old 07-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yellow plug for vtec (Bond)

bump please.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yellow plug for vtec (Bond)

Bump for vtec newbie.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yellow plug for vtec coming out of soleniod??? Why doesn't engine harness connect? (Bond)

lol at you...hahHAHAHAHAHAhahahAHAHAhahaHAHA...man you NEVER EVER, and i MEAN NEVER calal the dealership with tech problems..hahahah..everyone knows that...hahaHAHAHAHAH..man they will only help you if you bring ur car there...ANYWAY umm well what you explained, i just got lost in the corn fields. Do you pics of the soleniod?? that would help alot more!!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yellow plug for vtec coming out of soleniod??? Why doesn't engine harness connect? (*****est_rav

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by *****est_raver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol at you...hahHAHAHAHAHAhahahAHAHAhahaHAHA...man you NEVER EVER, and i MEAN NEVER calal the dealership with tech problems..hahahah..everyone knows that...hahaHAHAHAHAH..man they will only help you if you bring ur car there...ANYWAY umm well what you explained, i just got lost in the corn fields. Do you pics of the soleniod?? that would help alot more!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, seriously. Shut up.

Bump for some help for this guy.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Yellow plug for vtec coming out of soleniod??? Why doesn't engine harness connect? (*****est_rav

Try to get a couple pics up. If you can get some pics up I'll go pull the solinod off of the D16 I have sitting in my garage.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is only one wire coming off the vtec solinoid and it is green with a yellow stripe... but it has a black housing around it... the wire that needs to connect to it is green with a yellow strip.. ill post a pic in a bit
Old 07-25-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: (siregcivic)

He's talking about the ground unscrew your solenoid and thats where the ground goes I had the same problem my car got jack and the dam theives tried jacking the solenoid dump asses. Didnt succed so I got some parts from radio shack a ground plug and put it back together.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRIP KING &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude, seriously. Shut up.

Bump for some help for this guy. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the bump. I will try and post pics, but I am just too busy right now. The wire goes up under the soleniod little cap. Thanks to all the people that have helped so far, but I still don't understand what it's for and where it plugs into. There are no more plugs left on the engine harness. There was one for the oil pressure switch, but not for this one wire plug ???
Old 07-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks for the bump. I will try and post pics, but I am just too busy right now. The wire goes up under the soleniod little cap. Thanks to all the people that have helped so far, but I still don't understand what it's for and where it plugs into. There are no more plugs left on the engine harness. There was one for the oil pressure switch, but not for this one wire plug ???</TD></TR></TABLE>

O.K. I have been to busy for my own good these day's so no picture. But I did find a picture that has the wire I am talking about. It's the yellow and green wire coming from the vtec soleniod. My engine harness is from an Si and is complete. This plug does not plug into the harness, because there are no more plugs to plug it into. Where does this wire plug into and what does it plug into? Please, I really could use some help.

PICTURE OF WHAT THE HELL I AM TALKING ABOUT: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1324763

^^^It is the wire you see in that pic with the black cover in it. Mine has a yellow plug on the end so it's a little different.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey here is the wire of the vtec solinoid.... it goes to a single green and yellow wire on the harness