Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Yakima Roof Rack help for ek Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yakima Roof Rack help for ek Coupe

apparently they kill gas mpg like a ****?

I have a ek coupe, and was thinking bout getting one, but I agree with the other person up there that they look best on hatches.. then sedans.. then coupes.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: Yakima Roof Rack help for ek Coupe

kinda of a dead but I just wanted to say something lol.. For those who think roof racks are "dope" just because they are and really have no use for them....only to follow the trend or monkey see monkey doo just like havin a toy dingle off your tow hook is just stupid!!! Personally, i love roof racks because they are convenient when it comes to loading my mtn bike or when i go snowboarding. I think their tight because "I ACTUALLY USE IT" and it comes in handy on my crx! I do a lot of downhill mountain biking just about every other weekend and snowboard a bunch load during the season. those idiots that just get it and really dont have any intentions of using are just foolish and retarded (plus a big waste of money as it doesnt have any function on the vehicle besides drag)! i would really like to know! really! what is it that 2 metal bars and rails do that tickle your fancy to bring you to a conclusion that "it looks dope!" if you dont even use it?? you think it makes you look tight? like your involved in some sort of extra curricular activity??? i just dont get it, those people need to stop bein posers on trends, get out and actually do something! haha! just bein honest
Old 10-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Colonel Cake Mix

i have the same rack and i use it for my mtn bikes and for my snowboards. i have the q69 clips and no stretch kit... you dont really need it, but they recommend it
Old 02-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM as FCK!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bumblebeetuna
kinda of a dead but I just wanted to say something lol.. For those who think roof racks are "dope" just because they are and really have no use for them....only to follow the trend or monkey see monkey doo just like havin a toy dingle off your tow hook is just stupid!!! Personally, i love roof racks because they are convenient when it comes to loading my mtn bike or when i go snowboarding. I think their tight because "I ACTUALLY USE IT" and it comes in handy on my crx! I do a lot of downhill mountain biking just about every other weekend and snowboard a bunch load during the season. those idiots that just get it and really dont have any intentions of using are just foolish and retarded (plus a big waste of money as it doesnt have any function on the vehicle besides drag)! i would really like to know! really! what is it that 2 metal bars and rails do that tickle your fancy to bring you to a conclusion that "it looks dope!" if you dont even use it?? you think it makes you look tight? like your involved in some sort of extra curricular activity??? i just dont get it, those people need to stop bein posers on trends, get out and actually do something! haha! just bein honest
100% x 100...

i agree with him^^. Even though ill admit they look bad ***. They do give the car a better look but personally i wouldnt buy one just for looks. Maybe...i might just get one though...LoL
Old 02-21-2010, 01:15 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by farkiller
Lol honestly who actually USES their racks? I cant see a hardcore JDM guy with a tiny *** civic actually driving around with a mountain bike on their car, on an SUV I could see it. Those racks are 100% for looks on hondas.

Look how goofy this looks.

compaired to not using the rack
Eran, the former owner of the red Civic hatch, did use the roof rack to move two bikes around. I won't say he used it all the time (it wasn't great for gas mileage, one of the bikes has sentimental value and whotf needs a bicycle at any given time?), but I did see him use it and know he used it several times when I was at work.

The stretch kit is not recommended unless you're going to carry more weight than two bicycles.
Originally Posted by sayyoooon
what size Q clips would you need for an ek hatch?
Eran (red hatch) used four Q69s.
Originally Posted by Skip01
Wayyyy to much money just for looks , imho
Eran's set up cost him less than $200 total. The original rack cost him $50 off CL and then he bought some used Q towers (others ended up being broken) and brand new Q clips. He also ended up getting another fairing, the larger style one.

Not exactly breaking the bank there...
Originally Posted by EKCoupeKid98
apparently they kill gas mpg like a ****?

I have a ek coupe, and was thinking bout getting one, but I agree with the other person up there that they look best on hatches.. then sedans.. then coupes.
Eran's didn't kill his gas mileage too much. The bigger fairing seemed to help gas mileage btw.

As far as people bitching about people using them just for looks or not liking how they look or whatever, I lived with Eran the entire time he had that roof rack on the red Civic hatch posted earlier. I rode in the car often and drove it many times while it had the roof rack. I am personally not a fan of roof racks. Go ahead and guess how many times I told him how much I didn't like it. It doesn't f**king matter if I don't like it. It's not my damn car. I can do what I want to my cars. He can do what he wants to his car. You all can do whatever you want to your own cars as long as it doesn't affect mine.

So you know, don't ram my car or pull out in front of me or anything.

But I really don't care if you put a roof rack on your car or a tow hook or a doll off the tow hook or a million stickers on your windshield or a fake lip or fake fog lights or a carbon fiber hood or painted interior trim or DIY CTR door panels or a Greddy Evo II exhaust or canards or low offset wheels or anything. It doesn't really matter if I don't like any of that stuff if it's going on your car.

Think of it this way: "It just makes my car look better by comparison." Even if it only makes it better to you.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread is old but i figured i would post in it anyways. i just got a yakima for my ek coupe used for 100$. couple clips later and a slightly smaller fairing and its done. to all the people that dont use them and only use them for looks i think its kinda lame. there is plenty of other things you can do to your car to make it look cool. but once again its their car and it makes no difference to me what you do to it. i use mine because i dont like the idea of putting my downhill bike or my bmx bike in my trunk or in the backseat. its just not practical for the people who actually ride bikes on a regular basis. i ride almost everyday so to me i dont give a **** if it looks stupid to anyone else. its about getting my bike from point a to point b and back. i guess if you think that only certain car owners should ride bikes because it looks better on their car you might be slightly retarded.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Wowzers... back from the dead!

Originally Posted by NOFX
...and whotf needs a bicycle at any given time?
I do!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:06 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ls95integra
agreed I mount bike alot with a khs mount bike retail around 100 and thid no count n all the parts on it ,and I still would not pay that much for one but I do like it and if had it I drive every were with it on the roof.
Year and a half old dead thread.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 615 Likes on 487 Posts

Man I forgot this thread even existed.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ls95integra
I mount bike alot