Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

XTD Stage 4 went bad!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTD Stage 4 went bad!

Does anyone have pics of there XTD stage 4 clutch that went bad? I tried searching, i wrote to the XTD about my clutch going bad, and they said to send them pics of the clutch and pressure pate front and back. I dont want to take apart the trans and have the parts everywhere to get to the clutch when it could take a week to get a replacement. Can anyone help me with some pics of know a thread that would have pics?

thanks
Old 04-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: XTD Stage 4 went bad! (tturbocivic0618)

sounds like someone is trying to get a free clutch...

if your clutch is 'bad' you probably shouldn't be driving anyway, so you should just do things legit and take pictures of your bad clutch
Old 04-15-2008, 08:49 AM

Default Re: XTD Stage 4 went bad! (Jakester9500)

I havent been driving it for about 2 months almost. Its been sitting here, and im asking for pictures because I cant take apart my trans and have parts laying all over where i live at and wait for the replacement.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:53 AM

Yea, but you really don't have any other option. If someone that worked there happen to frequent the H-T forum and saw what you're trying to do I'm sure they'd deny your claim in a heartbeat. Get a small garage for a month or two where you can work on your car.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 AM

Default Re: XTD Stage 4 went bad! (ProMotiveConcepts)

isn't the XTD brand from the ebay sight???? i've herd really bad reviews about those clutch sets???? but i have never tried one.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 AM

Default Re: XTD Stage 4 went bad! (ge_ej1)

It was good at the beginning. I bought the stage 3 awhile back, and it was good but then started to slip. I took it all apart and the clutch was all gone and my pressure plate was cracked down the middle and they said to get the stage 4 so i did and now i have this problem and its only been 7 months..
Old 04-15-2008, 10:21 AM

hey that sucks man..imo i would never ever consider buying another xtd clutch,,, i bought a stage 2 or 3 i forgot wich one.. i put it on my b16 and it worked fine,, but after like 3 months it started slipin and i pulled it out and it was gone,,,so i was low in cash and just bought a exedy stage 1 and it hasnt given me any problems at all and its been more than a year......just remember this U GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR..
Old 04-15-2008, 10:26 AM
DixielandImports Please

Default Re: XTD Stage 4 went bad! (EKway2low)

I had bought a Stage 3 one with the flywheel.
Glad I never used it.
Guess I will just use my competition clutch and flywheel.
And sell the XTD clutch to someone and keep the flywheel for a spare.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:32 AM

yea i know... mod cheap = mod again...

Im trying to get this replaced because im also low on cash now, just sucks i have to take it all apart for pics they said and im afraid i'll get fined for having my car out with parts out everywhere while im waiting for replacement..
Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM

i bought the stage 3 the first time because of the power it said it could hold..but it started slipping and they said i needed stage 4 since i was turbo.. so i went with that but now this one is gone to.. so this is the last one, just be nice to get it replaced untill i can get something else
Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 AM

YEAH WHEN I BOUGHT MINE ON EBAY I THOUGHT IT WAS A PRETTY GOOD DEAL WITH THE POWER IT SAID IT WILL HOLD,,, BUT U LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY LOL..I KNOW ITS OFF TOPIC BUT ITS JUST LIKE THOSE CHEAP *** BRANDS EBAY SHORT SHIFTERS,,,I HAD A 20 DOLLAR ONE AND IT SNAPED ON ME AT THE TRACK IT SUCKEDASS,,,,NOW I ONLY GET GOOD KNOWN BRANDS FOR ANYTHING I REPLACE IN MY CARS THAT WAY I DONT HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN...

DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.... GOOD LUCK
Old 05-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have have a stage 3 in my B20 EG and love it. I had it mated with an LS tranny for about 5k and now it has been on my B16 tranny for 3k. Every time I have checked it is looked great. Another friend has been using his on his B20T for over a year now and it has held up great to the abuse. I cannot say I know anyone personally that has had any rel probolems other than my only one... the supplied pilot bearing was poop... but I used an OEM one anyways
Old 05-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

xtd clutches suck ***. never get them, for people who has tried xtd and said they're good, it's probably because u haven't tried exedy,competition,clutchmaster,action, act, etc. xtd sucks, i've experience it before already with their stage 2 and it doesn't compare to my friend's stage 1 exedy, now i'm rolling with competition stage2 and it's good.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lilo_goki)

I do not think many people would need to use those clutches to identify a real problem with their XTD
Old 05-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (badboyr66)

i ran xtd stage 3 awhile ago on my boosted d. they slip like crazy. good things im running ACT stg 3 on my boosted gsr now. never had a problem with it.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i run a stage 3 XTD for the past 3.5 years not a problem.

yes their stage 3 doesnt compare to the more expensive clutches, but for 180 shipped for clutch, flywheel, and preassure plate i cant complain.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: XTD Stage 4 went bad!

I too would like to know how they hold up from more people.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have a stage 3 on my ek holds power just fine

but will be upgrading to a cc stage 4 so i dont run into any problems my last clutch went bad and only had enough money to grab this clutch i saved up enough money for a "real" one and am gonna slap it on and retune i dont buy into there HP rating plus i could push my clutch pedal to the floor with my pinky finger and it has harsh engagement
Old 06-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ive rode on my Xtd stage 3 on my boosted d for a yr and a half now with no problems. it used to slip alil but now it doesnt. they say these clutches are like ebay turbos hit or miss
Old 10-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by apexi_rsx
ive rode on my Xtd stage 3 on my boosted d for a yr and a half now with no problems. it used to slip alil but now it doesnt. they say these clutches are like ebay turbos hit or miss
Sounds promising, considering I've just had my X'Stage 4 done... Clutch feel is really forcefull as expected of a stage 4 (like it this way), engagement is sensitively quick with unshakeable grab, yes there's chatter which I've learned to minimize and smoothen (even still under break in) with balancing gas and clutch release especially within that thin point of engagement. With an 8 lbs (actually weighed it at 7.75 lbs) acceleration is significantly increased and feel for torque control is greatly enanced.. gives me the more connected feel for my del sol's power... I'm even starting to like this kind of control with the often uphill and stop and go driving... so far it's a hit for me. Hope it stays that way... and even if it only lasts only for 2 years of daily driving and occassional... can't complain for the value, the price would be hard to beat!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not saying XTD has anything good/great to offer but you guys are probably burning through these things so fast because a stage four clutch is not meant for street/daily use. Of course its going to burn up, in order for you to not leave every stop sign or red light in a burn-out you have to ride the clutch. Buy a clutch more practical for your use.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

piece of **** had stage 3 lasted a few months with horrible drivability
Old 10-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

vibrated the loc tited pressure plate bolts out n ****ed all kinda **** up. took million pics tried to get reinbursed n was totally ignored after i sent pics
Old 11-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bsublime44
piece of **** had stage 3 lasted a few months with horrible drivability
As some of the feedback I've read on Stage 3 indicated, it was like a toss in the air, hit-miss kind of thing, with a lot of misses.. that's why I went for Stage 4 XTD. Feed back on this was mostly positive as I'm currently experiencing (not to endorse it, I've so far used it for 4 days about 300km of stop and go city driving, del sol si vtec with JRSC).. so its a calculated risk for me... I personally like the strong force/feel of the clutch pedal and the sensitivity of the grab having driven standard cars for 30+ yrs now, but this might not be for everyone's liking for daily city driving. (I do like the extra workout it's been giving my left leg though .. ...hopefully it'll at least lasts for 80k km or 2-3yrs. worth of driving..

Last edited by spedo; 11-03-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No suprise.

Quick Reply: XTD Stage 4 went bad!