Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

XTD clutch... Need contact info

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XTD clutch... Need contact info

Hello, anyone have any contact info for XTD?
other then an email
Old 08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can i ask did you have a bad experince with xtd?

anywho were did you get yours from off of ebay or the site ???
Old 08-27-2007, 08:49 PM
* B A N N E D *

this is one of there numbers from the company that sells these clutches

Aimco Clutch Co.

Toll Free in USA) 800-594-0825

also if you had a problem with the clutch you might wanna read this

http://www.supramania.com/foru...43713

not sure whats going on hope all goes well
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

had it on my 400 hp sohc no problems.

my friend had it on his 550 hp dohc no problem...

but i think xtd is a hit and miss 100 works 1 breaks. idk
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 PM
* B A N N E D *

Yea i was thinking about the stage 3 in the link but after reading info from different ppl idk anymore

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1
Old 08-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Socalkush)

I've used 4 of thier clutches now. One on an NA D, one on a boosted D, one on a boosted B16, one on my current NA B18C. Never a single issue. LOVE thier clutches.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...11550

thats what i used

not a problem yet...but with any product your oging to find someone that has had a problem...

my friend is running 650 hp on his mustang on a XTD clutch holds perfect.

maybe this is like SSAC cause ebay SSAC is actually SSAC copy off...yes generic of a generic.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Lobster)

yea all is ok with the clutch here too.(for the most part) Im just a little pissed to read that they are using OEM pressure plates. i wanna call them to confirm this fact or fiction.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:50 AM
* B A N N E D *

Well how bout there flywheels ive heard horror stories but idk

i just need something because mine went out the other day and i had to get towed i was pissed

but when i got the car the guy failed to mention the clutch is almost gone but w,e

so there spray painting over there stuff arent they if you click the first link i have up above one guy did a comparison and showed the same thing

that is why I'm hesitant but i will tell you what when and if i buy one im gonna run test and if everything people have been saying is true then i am royal gonna kick there ***
Old 08-28-2007, 05:53 AM
* B A N N E D *

Does anyone know what in the hell this is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

this by far pissed me off look at that a stage 3 and the price with the fly wheel wtf
Old 08-28-2007, 06:06 AM
ic
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (THC07)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea all is ok with the clutch here too.(for the most part) Im just a little pissed to read that they are using OEM pressure plates. i wanna call them to confirm this fact or fiction.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they use Daiken OEM pressure plates supposedly reman'd to new specifications.
This is pretty common practice actually.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea all is ok with the clutch here too.(for the most part) Im just a little pissed to read that they are using OEM pressure plates. i wanna call them to confirm this fact or fiction.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What are you pissed off about? Do you know for a fact that its an OEM pressure plate? You guys read some post about a TOYOTA clutch that indeed looked like an OEM unit repainted... but then again, WHO CARES even if it is an OEM unit. Does it hold the power? So far to this point the answer is yes for me. I have never had a single issue with the clutches or the flywheel I got from them. EVER. If they wanted to make the pressure plate 30% WEAKER then stock, thats fine so long as I have no issues. Get my point here?

I'm about to install another one of these clutches on a 2.3l H22 setup for another 'customer'. I have full faith in these products in terms of their Honda lineup. They look EXACTLY like Action products to me. Their paperwork says they are remanufactured or modified Action clutches also.

Modified by Hybrid96EK at 9:44 AM 8/28/2007
Old 08-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hybrid96EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid96EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What are you pissed off about? Do you know for a fact that its an OEM pressure plate? You guys read some post about a TOYOTA clutch that indeed looked like an OEM unit repainted... but then again, WHO CARES even if it is an OEM unit. Does it hold the power? So far to this point the answer is yes for me. I have never had a single issue with the clutches or the flywheel I got from them. EVER. If they wanted to make the pressure plate 30% WEAKER then stock, thats fine so long as I have no issues. Get my point here?

I'm about to install another one of these clutches on a 2.3l H22 setup for another 'customer'. I have full faith in these products in terms of thier Honda lineup. They look EXACTLY like Action products to me. Thier paperwork says they are remanufactured or modifed Action clutches also.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No I dont know for a fact, yet. Thats why I said I want to call them, get the whole story. When I buy a stage 3 clutch I want a stage 3 clutch not a 6 puck disk and an oem pressure plate, or even a pressure plate that has the same load that an OEM has. No thanks, ill have to pass.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No I dont know for a fact, yet. Thats why I said I want to call them, get the whole story. When I buy a stage 3 clutch I want a stage 3 clutch not a 6 puck disk and an oem pressure plate, or even a pressure plate that has the same load that an OEM has. No thanks, ill have to pass. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Again I ask why not? What does it matter so long as it doesn't break and holds the power you send it? Why is everyone insisting that they get a stiff pedal, or "35% greater holding capacity"... I bought my clutch to transfer power from the engine to the transmission. It does that nicely, I am happy. I didn't buy it to tell all my friends how stiff my pedal is and how cool my clutch is because it can hold 5000lb/ft of torque.... according to the manufacture at least.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid96EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Again I ask why not? What does it matter so long as it doesn't break and holds the power you send it? Why is everyone insisting that they get a stiff pedal, or "35% greater holding capacity"... I bought my clutch to transfer power from the engine to the transmission. It does that nicely, I am happy. I didn't buy it to tell all my friends how stiff my pedal is and how cool my clutch is because it can hold 5000lb/ft of torque.... according to the manufacture at least.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree
Old 08-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the same Clutch and it never gave me a problem. If it hold the power that all you really need to know. Alot of people here are saying there very reliable. If you don't want to get it then don't go spend it on a 360 dollar clutch that gonna do the same thing.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Again I ask why not? What does it matter so long as it doesn't break and holds the power you send it? Why is everyone insisting that they get a stiff pedal, or "35% greater holding capacity"... I bought my clutch to transfer power from the engine to the transmission. It does that nicely, I am happy. I didn't buy it to tell all my friends how stiff my pedal is and how cool my clutch is because it can hold 5000lb/ft of torque.... according to the manufacture at least.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If i wanted what you want, I would have got a stage1 not a stage3. i dont give a **** about how hard the pedal is.....???

When I launch with almost 200lbs tq my **** slips, peroid. not much, but regardless it slips. if i had an actual stage 3 clutch with a lot more holding power it would not. im not bitching or complaining, i simply asked for a contact. I want to know excatly what they are doing, and if they really are using oem PP. If they are using it, why would you buy them? id rather just buy a disk and use my current Pressure plate, no reason to buy another if it has the same holding power. for right now the clutch is ok, but here pretty soon thers gonna be lots more ppower coming out of the H series, and these slicks will make it slip lots more... not ok!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If i wanted what you want, I would have got a stage1 not a stage3. i dont give a **** about how hard the pedal is.....???

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure what this means there tough guy. I have run ALL stage 3 clutches from XTD. Nice try though...

When I launch with almost 200lbs tq my **** slips, peroid. not much, but regardless it slips. if i had an actual stage 3 clutch with a lot more holding power it would not. im not bitching or complaining, i simply asked for a contact. I want to know excatly what they are doing, and if they really are using oem PP. If they are using it, why would you buy them? id rather just buy a disk and use my current Pressure plate, no reason to buy another if it has the same holding power. for right now the clutch is ok, but here pretty soon thers gonna be lots more ppower coming out of the H series, and these slicks will make it slip lots more... not ok!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would I buy it? Simple, its CHEAP AS HELL. So its not like I got ripped off regardless of if the PP is OEM or not. You are playing the name game, thats all it boils down to. People assume OEM = weak and garbage which is not always the case. I ran it on a boosted D on 10lbs. I am sure it made damn near the torque you do if not more, never slipped. Ran it on a boosted B16 on 10lbs, again, never slipped. If you want to assume that because its a MODIFIED OEM part its junk, then quit the debate here and move on to something more expensive for peace of mind.

Like I said, even if its was OEM, Taiwain, China, whatever... if it holds the power, doesn't break or explode, and lasts, what more do you need from a clutch? $200 more on the purchase price just to ease your mind?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I launch with almost 200lbs tq my **** slips, peroid. not much, but regardless it slips. if i had an actual stage 3 clutch with a lot more holding power it would not. im not bitching or complaining, i simply asked for a contact. I want to know excatly what they are doing, and if they really are using oem PP. If they are using it, why would you buy them? id rather just buy a disk and use my current Pressure plate, no reason to buy another if it has the same holding power. for right now the clutch is ok, but here pretty soon thers gonna be lots more ppower coming out of the H series, and these slicks will make it slip lots more... not ok!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a stage 3 holding over 300 lb tq in my SOHC and it doesnt slip...

i have teh whole stage 3 kit with flywheel and what not.

Modified by The Lobster at 6:59 PM 8/28/2007
Old 08-29-2007, 08:40 AM
* B A N N E D *

Hybrid96ek

sounds like he is one of there reps well if that's the case the company grade a sucks not worth having a fly wheel tearing threw your tranny to your hood

read this

XTD Clutch scam! - Supramania

not many people are happy seeing how threre stock replacements and you can get a better one from Exedy a real name and a real brand
Old 08-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Socalkush &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hybrid96ek

sounds like he is one of there reps well if that's the case the company grade a sucks not worth having a fly wheel tearing threw your tranny to your hood

read this

not many people are happy seeing how threre stock replacements and you can get a better one from Exedy a real name and a real brand </TD></TR></TABLE>

how can you even say that...there are multiple people on here right now that are using the clutchs and is fine...

and how can you compare a toyota clutch to a honda....
Old 08-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Socalkush &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hybrid96ek

read this

not many people are happy seeing how threre stock replacements and you can get a better one from Exedy a real name and a real brand </TD></TR></TABLE>

Far from a rep. Exeddy clutches are *** in my opinion. I destroyed the disc on one in a matter of months on an NA B18C. Metal literally "tore" and the springs came out! I'll never buy the full face exeddy again. Especially condering that THEY ALSO USE OEM replacement PP's and charge about twice what XTD does. People, understand that just because something is an "OEM REPLACEMENT" doesn't mean its complete crap. Does the XTD slip? No. Who the hell cares then what they use?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Far from a rep. Exeddy clutches are *** in my opinion. I destroyed the disc on one in a matter of months on an NA B18C. Metal literally "tore" and the springs came out! I'll never buy the full face exeddy again. Especially condering that THEY ALSO USE OEM replacement PP's and charge about twice what XTD does. People, understand that just because something is an "OEM REPLACEMENT" doesn't mean its complete crap. Does the XTD slip? No. Who the hell cares then what they use?</TD></TR></TABLE>

leave the poor 07s alone...they are new to the scene and think/buy only what magazines/others tell them thats popular.

the mostly refuse to listen to experience on products
Old 08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
* B A N N E D *

Uh not really im not a noob ive been in shows and etc and have done this before

but for you to think exedy is crap and xtd is a great brand i wonder what drug you are doing ???

there false advertising and they spray paint why would anyone with a 1% brain but from a company who lies and and spray paints there products

also lobster ive never bought a car mag besides from one which my car was featured in but for you to say that makes me wonder is that what you do read the car mags and decided

point is xtd is nor reliable end of discussion
Old 08-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Socalkush &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uh not really im not a noob ive been in shows and etc and have done this before

but for you to think exedy is crap and xtd is a great brand i wonder what drug you are doing ???

there false advertising and they spray paint why would anyone with a 1% brain but from a company who lies and and spray paints there products

also lobster ive never bought a car mag besides from one which my car was featured in but for you to say that makes me wonder is that what you do read the car mags and decided

point is xtd is nor reliable end of discussion </TD></TR></TABLE>

been in shows? what the hell does that prove cept you do show cars. I actually build motors and run the **** out of them and neve rhad a problem.

i am strictly performance and i spend all my money on performance(well mostly)

and i have used XTD so have my friends and never had a problem...

now for exedy being being worst then xtd i didnt say that. I have also used exedy and never had a problem.

i do read mags only Honda Tuning none of that import tuner **** as it just all show or even super street.

have you ever used an XTD? i only speak from experience and so do the people on here that have used it.

Do a search on XTD on here and alot of people have had great success.

and also show me a Link where they spray paint HONDA pp and such...

Quick Reply: XTD clutch... Need contact info