Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

www.tigerjapanese.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.tigerjapanese.com

has anyone used them to order their motor swaps from? are the motors clean any feed back, thanks guys
because I want to order the sohc ZC vtec and the are the only one that I have found that carry it, thanks

Modified by 95 honda8 at 1:52 PM 4/13/2008
Old 04-13-2008, 02:48 PM

Default Re: www.tigerjapanese.com (95 honda8)

I havent heard anything good about them at all..
I personally havent ordered anything from them,but a friend of mine ordered a Toyota Celica 3SGTE from them and it came seized,and full of water and rust and I know a few people on here have had bad experiences with them..
Old 04-13-2008, 03:05 PM

Default Re: www.tigerjapanese.com (JDM Lyfestyle)

thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never did any sort of business with them but from the reviews and complaints i seen on Honda-tech user's id stay far away from them
Old 04-13-2008, 04:43 PM

Default Re: www.tigerjapanese.com (FastLife617)

The pics dont really do justice but this is the condition of my buddy's 3SGTE when he got it:

and to make matters worse,the crank was out of round and the block was warped..

I suggest you stay away from them..check out hmotorsonline.com they are pretty good from what I hear
Old 04-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: www.tigerjapanese.com (JDM Lyfestyle)

overpriced
Old 04-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got an engine from them last week for my Accord. Should be finished tonight or sometime tomorrow. Never dealt with an online engine dealer, but I'm telling you it was pretty shitty. The tranny fluid smelt burnt and they would only "credit" me if I took pictures of it, or I could ship it back. (Freight from Canada was $160) The engine was listed as "complete" but the harnesses and everything weren't on it, all wires cut shittily. Had to take all the old wires from old engine. There were a couple of other oddball things that I guess I must have overlooked when I assumed that "direct drop in" meant it didn't need me to take a certain sensor off my engine and put it on the "JDM SPEC" engine, since they don't use them in Japan.

Whatever, if it runs I don't care it was cheaper than most places.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:41 PM

Default Re: (Snate21)

why not just do a d16z6 swap or a ls swap????
Old 04-13-2008, 05:44 PM

Default Re: (nicks-eg6)

zc vtec is the JDM z6 I am trying to stay with a d because I like SOHC so I dont want an ls
Old 04-13-2008, 05:45 PM

I just got a swap done there, picked it up yesterday...

Theyre... ok.

Some of their engines on the site are mislabeled. They have a "D15B non-vtec" (which is what i ended up getting) thats actually a D15Z4.

Their work on the swap was also... ok. They left my speedometer unplugged and it was throwing a check engine light. The wiring looks terrible too, but its not technically all that bad, just messy. If i had of been able to find somewhere cheaper to get it done, id have gone there, but everyone was quoting like 500 dollars more for the install.

If youre going for a B series or H series engine though, buy it somewhere else, theyre ridiculously overpriced. D series engines though they have some ok deals.

But id definately recommend going down there if possible and picking it out yourself... when i went into the shop they had engines stacked ontop of engines stacked ontop of more engines, stuff was lying all over the place... If i couldnt have picked out my engine myself, i wouldnt have gotten one.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Default Re: (95 honda8)

ok.... then do a z6 swap.. if im not mistaken sourcing parts for a zc aren't fun and a z6 is pretty easy to source and build.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got a d15b from there, the engine is great, it has alot of power. But it wasnt clean and they dont cover anything but the motor itslef, like when i got it the distributor cap was broken in half, and one of the iacv was bad and when i started it up coolant was spewing out. In the end the engine runs really strong.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:53 PM

Default Re: www.tigerjapanese.com (almostjdmeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by almostjdmeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got a d15b from there, the engine is great, it has alot of power. But it wasnt clean and they dont cover anything but the motor itslef, like when i got it the distributor cap was broken in half, and one of the iacv was bad and when i started it up coolant was spewing out. In the end the engine runs really strong. </TD></TR></TABLE>
yea but with this many negatives and so few positives, out of only 5 or 10 posts isn't a good sign....
someone said that hmotorsonline.com was overpriced, you get what you pay for. and there customer service is great.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a D15b from them. They get the motor to you and all OK, but as far as customer service and satisfaction goes, they suck real bad at it. Ive been trying to contact them every so often about my order for some papers for insurance reasons, and they keep ignorning me. Plus they are a bit overpriced.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go with http://www.hmotorsonline.com

i know at least 3 guys who've ordered motors from there with zero problems. they come with a 100% start up guarantee and every motor i've seen that's come from there has been CLEAN.

friend of mine just got a d15b from there, put it and and his car is running strong, no problems.

they may be a bit overpriced compared to some places, but personally, i'd rather pay a little more and know that i'm getting quality then risk something that'd **** out after a week.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:03 PM

Default Re: (nicks-eg6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nicks-eg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok.... then do a z6 swap.. if im not mistaken sourcing parts for a zc aren't fun and a z6 is pretty easy to source and build.</TD></TR></TABLE> I was tols that z6 parts would work on the single cam vtec and that they were like the same motor
Old 04-13-2008, 06:06 PM

Default Re: (95 honda8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95 honda8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I was tols that z6 parts would work on the single cam vtec and that they were like the same motor</TD></TR></TABLE>
then why are we having this discussion???? do the z6 swap and call it a day. no reason to do more to reach the same power goals. plus getting a junked motor would suck ***
Old 04-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah their B series are really over-priced, but the F22 I picked up was cheaper than most places. It was pretty clean when I got almost like they power washed it or something on the outside. I was told the engine had 25-35k on it, I receive it, tell them about the tranny and then they say the engine might have up to 45k on it, lol.

Whatever we'll see tomorrow if it runs strong.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go with Hmotors next time. They are legit. My engine looked brand fckin new inside and out and it runs perfect and tranny shifts like new.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: www.tigerjapanese.com (JeffBro)

Yeah the local shop in KC, when performing a swap, only uses hmotors. Nothing but good things from them.. but pricey! My old engine blew and the prices of Accords around here with gas prices so high have gone up. I'm looking at nearly 2 grand more than what I paid for it!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my friend ordered a ZC DOHC and he got it with no problems.... runs good... motor was clean.... his dealings with them were good
Old 04-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rick1574)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rick1574 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go with http://www.hmotorsonline.com

i know at least 3 guys who've ordered motors from there with zero problems. they come with a 100% start up guarantee and every motor i've seen that's come from there has been CLEAN.

friend of mine just got a d15b from there, put it and and his car is running strong, no problems.

they may be a bit overpriced compared to some places, but personally, i'd rather pay a little more and know that i'm getting quality then risk something that'd **** out after a week. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with hmotorsonline. I bought a longblock from them and it came SUPER CLEAN and only took a week to ship to MD, ran great with little problems (only problem I found is that my thermostat might be stuck open). If you have a really big problem, they would def. help you out and replace the part if you send it back to them. I have always heard good things from them and I def give them props and will always say good things about them
Old 04-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snate21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> (Freight from Canada was $160) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats the first Mistake.

Hmotors. Overpriced my ***. They could be 300 more dollars than they were now and I still wouldnt Fudge with any place else.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:02 AM

Default Re: (ifIexplode)

H-motors is quite the buzz when discussing JDM motor purchases on honda-tech. Never heard anything wrong with them and besides, tigerjapanese is pretty whack from the looks of it on this thread.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mizzoEG)

what about http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/ thier prices are better yet and from what i have seen they have pretty customer service my buddy was dealing with them about an auto b16 but they told how hard it was to in a eg hatch he didnt believe the guy so he searched and found out... any body deal with these guys????
i am going to buy a b20b within the next month to build, nedd rinds in my b16 so might as well build a b20 vtec

Quick Reply: www.tigerjapanese.com