Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WTF. Those who had their cars stolen, what did you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF. Those who had their cars stolen, what did you do?

I'm basically being ripped off from my insurance for the parts I put on my car. The H&R Cupkits and camber kits that I put on the car are still there, but they won't let me take them back. My S/T rear swaybar/tiebar is there and I can't take it off even though the car doesn't come with a rear swaybar from the factory. Oh yea, they aren't even compensating me for those parts.. fvcking bullshit. That's like stealing stuff I put in the car..

How did any of you guys who have dealt with similar situations handle it? So damn frustrating.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF. Those who had their cars stolen, what did you do? (ntrinsik)

when my car got stripped, I told them I was taking my stuff off. They told me not to but what ever, they dont cover it so why should u not take them? Call them and tell them to f#$% off. My insurance only covered the actual value of the car not the aftermarket stuff, so I got to take my stuff that was aftermarket.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:58 AM

when my car got stolen i met with the adjuster after it was recovered, he totalled it...i asked him what about the aftermarket stuff - he said don't take stuff off "wink wink"....i went the next day and took off all kinds of stuff, aftermarket and factory...never heard a word about it. just strip it, they aren't gonna do anything
Old 10-06-2003, 09:03 AM

Default Re: WTF. Those who had their cars stolen, what did you do? (elevatethis)

that sucks! do you have original parts to put back on? if so I don't see why you can't take your aftermarket stuff
Old 10-06-2003, 09:05 AM

Default Re: WTF. Those who had their cars stolen, what did you do? (JICEK9)

I have the original parts to put on, the problem is they're at home home [in NorCal while I live in SoCal for school] and I have no tools whatsoever.

My dad said I could just claim these as losses on my income taxes.. which I might have to end up doing.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:12 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ntrinsik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the original parts to put on, the problem is they're at home home [in NorCal while I live in SoCal for school] and I have no tools whatsoever.

My dad said I could just claim these as losses on my income taxes.. which I might have to end up doing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats bullshit.. have your dad go down and get the parts or go home on a weekend very soon and get the car.. they cant take the car away as totaled until you sign it over to them.. my old hatch was totaled from suspension damage 3 years ago, way before i was ever into hondas as much as i am now and i should have bought it back and got it repaired and fixed for dirt cheap.. anyways i eneded up stripping the car in the body shop parking lot in broad day light w/ people working there.. you have a right to the stuff on the car its yours...
Old 10-06-2003, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my car was stolen from my workplace. came outside, and gone! my insurance company did rip me off big time! they paid off my loan, which i was happy about, but then they told me that they were only going to give me $900 for the parts i had on my car instead of the $5000 i paid for them, even though i had all the receipts. Then they made me get a rental car until the whole claim was done with. 2001 cavalier base mode!! what a piece of ish that was. then finally, after me bitching for a month, i finally got them to give me $2500 for the parts. what a crappy situation that was. but now i have a 2000 civic si, thats 100x better than my old car.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:39 PM

Default Re: WTF. Those who had their cars stolen, what did you do? (Hybrid95CivicEX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid95CivicEX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats bullshit.. have your dad go down and get the parts or go home on a weekend very soon and get the car.. they cant take the car away as totaled until you sign it over to them.. my old hatch was totaled from suspension damage 3 years ago, way before i was ever into hondas as much as i am now and i should have bought it back and got it repaired and fixed for dirt cheap.. anyways i eneded up stripping the car in the body shop parking lot in broad day light w/ people working there.. you have a right to the stuff on the car its yours... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't mind doing that, but I have no tools, and I think the insurance company already picked up the car.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when i had my car stolen....my insurance tried to jook me out of paying for some **** too. basically, what i did was i did not agree to settle with the claims and the amount that they had presented to me. if you dont agree....and make sure no one on your policy does too...they cannot proceed to finishing up the settlement. I just said no until they starting dishing out more money....if you cant get the parts of the car...which happens to alot of people i know, your only bet is getting $$$$$.
good luck