Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WTF my clutch pedal fell to the floor.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF my clutch pedal fell to the floor.

I'm suppose to know things like but unfortunetly I don't.
I have a 5th gen coupe that I'm working on. and It's sitting in my garage I go to move it the other day and my clutch pedal is down. Theres no fluid in the reservoir. I would put the some brake fluid but I know that would'nt help what do I do?

Modified by Soichiro-Honda at 8:53 AM 2/28/2004
Old 02-28-2004, 07:35 AM

Default Re: WTF my clutch pedal fell to the floor. (Soichiro-Honda)

Well it must of drained so you most likely have to bleed the clutch and get pressure back up and make sure you dont have any leaks.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:39 AM

justa shot in the dark, you might need a new clutch. my friend's clutch did the same thing and we bled it for a bit and nothing came out of it. So he took it in and found out his clutch was out. hofefully you dont have this problem.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:54 AM

No I haven't been driving the car the clutch is new.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:17 AM
mike93eh

put some fluid in it, bleed it, and check for leaks.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike93eh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put some fluid in it, bleed it, and check for leaks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah jsut do this..tha what happen to a freind of mine car and all i did was keep on bleeding it til it back to normal.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:25 AM
mc
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (C uR eX)

Check around the slave cylinder (look by your tranny to the left of header) and look inside the car behind the clutch peddle it may be the master cylinder. This happened to me the other day so i replaced both
Old 02-28-2004, 12:26 PM

No way man none of that. Theres no fluid in the clutch resevoir. Thats it.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:34 PM
mike93eh

theres no fluid in there cuz there is a leak some where. it doesnt just disappear.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Re: (Soichiro-Honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soichiro-Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No way man none of that. Theres no fluid in the clutch resevoir. Thats it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If that's it, then why the hell did you come on here and ask the question. People are telling you why there might not be any fluid in the resevoir. Fill the damn bitch up if thats it.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:08 PM

You don't own the forum ******.
Mike is right nows that hes mention it there is fluid on the floor under the car. Putting fluid in it anit gonna make the pedal come back up *******.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soichiro-Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't own the forum ******.
Mike is right nows that hes mention it there is fluid on the floor under the car. Putting fluid in it anit gonna make the pedal come back up *******.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes actually it will. You have to bleed the line. If you just fill it, your still going to have air in the line, and when you put the pedal in, it is just going to stay there because there is no pressure to put the pedal back to where it normally is.

Here is how you bleed your clutch. It is very simple, and you can even do it by yourself.

Get some brake fluid (a pint will do), a very small flexible clear hose, and a pop bottle. Put the clear hose over the nimple on the slave cylinder bleeder screw. crack it open (i belive it is a 7 or 8 mm) and start pumping. When the screw is open, you will not have any pressure and you must manually lift the pedal to get back to the top. The bleeder screw on the slave cylinder is a one way screw that only allows fluid to come out, so that way, you just pump and pump, and only stuff goes out. Put the other end of the hose in the pop bottle. Keep adding fluid, never letting it go below minimum. Keep bleeding untill the fluid comes out debris and air free. Tighten up the bleeder screw, top off the resivor, then give the pedal on or 2 pumps. At this time, you should finally have pressure.

IF you doing it yourself, refill the resivor every 8 or 9 pumps.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:23 PM

As I said putting just putting fluid in it anit gonna make it come back up.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:32 PM
mike93eh

did you track where it is leaking at?
Old 02-28-2004, 01:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soichiro-Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As I said putting just putting fluid in it anit gonna make it come back up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your right, so stick your damn hand up there and pull it back up. Then follow the directions multiple people have posted. You already contradicted yourself by saying it wasn't leaking and now you admit it is leaking.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:00 PM
amy

Default Re: (King Tut33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by King Tut33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your right, so stick your damn hand up there and pull it back up. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

good call
Old 02-28-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Re: (mike93eh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put some fluid in it, bleed it, and check for leaks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats exactly what im thinking. my friends car acted the same way about a week ago and we put fluid in it, bled it, and it worked just like new.

btw he had like 90% free play when it didnt work
Old 02-28-2004, 02:28 PM

Default Re: (Dimi)

Mine did the same thing on my LS and it was the slave cylinder. I bought a new OEM slave cylinder from Len (See sig) and havent had a problem since.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:37 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ******* hate when someone asks a question about a problem and then gets a ******* attitude as if they know the ******* reason there is a problem in the 1st place. You wouldn't post **** here if you didn't need help. Sorry forum leaders for the rant and profanity. Just a little ticked off...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agree 100%
Old 02-28-2004, 03:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dimi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ******* hate when someone asks a question about a problem and then gets a ******* attitude as if they know the ******* reason there is a problem in the 1st place. You wouldn't post **** here if you didn't need help. Sorry forum leaders for the rant and profanity. Just a little ticked off...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. That is why I got a little upset when he blew everyone off like he already knew what the problem was and was testing our knowledge. He knows he needs to fix the leak, fill up the system, and bleed it properly.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Re: (King Tut33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by King Tut33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Exactly. That is why I got a little upset when he blew everyone off like he already knew what the problem was and was testing our knowledge. He knows he needs to fix the leak, fill up the system, and bleed it properly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If that's it, then why the hell did you come on here and ask the question. People are telling you why there might not be any fluid in the resevoir. Fill the damn bitch up if thats it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go make you own forum and rules, filling it up, and pulling the pedal doesn't fix it, it doesn't get any pressure from doing that and you did not tell me anything useful *******. I checked again of what was on the floor it was engine oil, not brake fluid.
I stated I didn't know what to do, I figured out there was no fluid by looking.
cylinder could'nt have gone bad I did'nt drive the car for 3 months it was working fine before that.
So don't fucken tell me your hatred bullshit, DID I KNOW TO BLEED IT, DID YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE SCREW HUH MOTHER ****** or to pump it? Don't anwser my threads your not welcomed ******.

Asmallsol thank you for telling me. My first time is rather messy.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soichiro-Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DID I KNOW TO BLEED IT, DID YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE SCREW HUH MOTHER ******</TD></TR></TABLE>

I note three times above my post where you were informed to bleed it. I believe we all assumed you knew how to bleed it and where the screw was since you NEVER ASKED. If you had just gotten a new clutch that would make me think you know how to bleed the system. If you didn't install it, then maybe you better leave this to the pros and take it back to them. If you didn't know how to bleed it you should have asked instead of telling people they are wrong.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude, calm the **** down and listen, you might learn something. He was trying to HELP YOU, and your giving him ****... Why don't you just go die or something.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: WTF my clutch pedal fell to the floor. (mongoliandonuts)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mongoliandonuts &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well it must of drained so you most likely have to bleed the clutch and get pressure back up and make sure you dont have any leaks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The very first reply answered your question.
Now go fix your car.