Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wrecked my car!! Need advice on how serious this is.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked my car!! Need advice on how serious this is.

Well... the time has happened to me what I didn't think could happen to me, I wrecked my hatch Going on the ride home from work when I look ahead of me that my lane looks to be slowing down. I look over to change lanes and when I look back the people that were going 40 and now STOPPED in the road, I hate rush hour traffic. Anyways, lock my brakes up for like a second (who knows how long it really was) and rear ended a big *** work van with a big *** bumper and tow hitch. sucks. I get my car home via tow truck and start cutting it up to see the real damage.

Let me hear you opinion on how hard/costly the passenger frame rail is going to be to get fixed, hopefully you have experiance to back this opinion up

Note: the traction bars weren't on the car when i wrecked it, I was just looking to see how well it lined up to the car after I smashed it. It bolts up pretty damn close, so I dont think the rails are not bent at all on the bottom area and the shock tower area, i think its just going to be the small portion that is crinkled up top.

over head views

good one (driver side)

Old 08-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM ITR Front FTW!!! if nothin new core support bumper and whatnot but bend it bak a bit, it dont look that bad
Old 08-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MonsterB20Ek)

lmao yeah I'm going to keep a civic front end on it.
If this were to happen to you, would you jsut take these pics to a collision center and say "hey guy, how do you fix this and how much?"

I'm sure that is the best plan of action, I just want to hear it from you guys but what I really wanna hear is "yeah your car isn't totalled, no big deal bro, happened to me back in the day.... oh and nice turbozzzz"
Old 08-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wrecked my car!! Need advice on how serious this is. (kuja396)

got that passenger side pretty good didnt you.

anything is possible to fix but as far as how bad it is it could take a decent amount of money to pull and straighten that back out. but other wise thats a pretty clean hatch (the rest of it)
Old 08-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wrecked my car!! Need advice on how serious this is. (gsrhatch2356)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrhatch2356 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">got that passenger side pretty good didnt you.

anything is possible to fix but as far as how bad it is it could take a decent amount of money to pull and straighten that back out. but other wise thats a pretty clean hatch (the rest of it)</TD></TR></TABLE>I really wish I knew how much right now.. and all of my options Thanks, yeah the car is clean as hell, thats why it sucks so bad, that and I've put crazy money and work into it. WHY couldn't I have been driving my daily?! Oh yeah I hit the guy going 40-50, everyone was going at least that and then the slow lane stops out of no where
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wrecked my car!! Need advice on how serious this is. (gsrhatch2356)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrhatch2356 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">got that passenger side pretty good didnt you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

annoying gf? i feel your pain

drive your dd for rite now, did your insurance cover it?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: (MonsterB20Ek)

First things first take it to a shop to see if the frame is bent you cat jus hook up your traction bar and say it is not bent. Im not saying it is bent but if you assume it isnt bent without properly checking to see if it is can cause alot of problems. Such as your car driving at an angle which will cause extreme stress on tires which can end up in a blow out or worse another accident. After your frame is checked and is said to be in alignment youll need to replace your radiator support and front items obviously. An alignment is going to be needed and all front suspension parts are going to have to be checked and made sure that they theselves are not bent or broken. My main question for you is did you report this with the insurance company and have them appraise it or did you just decide to take it home and start hacking it up immiediatly?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (kuja396)

**** i wrecked my car like 3 weeks ago and my passenger side got pretty bended. Stupid lady cut me up front from nowhere because of cellphone took it to a shop and they charged me 1300 to fix it and line it up and all my aftermarket parts like light and fenders! They said it was nothing and it kind of look worse than yours So my opinion is your **** is A little work and it will be back up again. By the way nice engine and turbo Good luck
Old 08-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mortificationrock)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** i wrecked my car like 3 weeks ago and my passenger side got pretty bended. Stupid lady cut me up front from nowhere because of cellphone took it to a shop and they charged me 1300 to fix it and line it up and all my aftermarket parts like light and fenders! They said it was nothing and it kind of look worse than yours So my opinion is your **** is A little work and it will be back up again. By the way nice engine and turbo Good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats what I need to hear right now lol, thanks

LOL no I didn't just like run from the scene or anything. As far as insureance goes, I have liability so I knew it wouldn't make a difference anyways, especially after it was my fault. My ex wrecked her car a while back so I know how liability = getting nothing if your at fault.

Oh the plan is tomorrow I'm going to like ziptie a radiator to the front of my car and drive it around the block or so. Now, if it drives like it did, no pulling or anything, I think that would tell me for sure that my **** isn't bent, if its doing some weired stuff, I'll probably have to get a shell and build it I'll keep you guys posted. This possibly may turn into a build thread lol.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 PM

I feel for you man. If that happened to me I would probably take it as god wanted me to buy a jdm front clip and do the RHD conversion, firewall and all. On a different thought if you can get somebody to fix that passenger side up Certifit has oem core support copys for cheap and I know there are a couple in TX. I got a new oem bumper cover for like $30. Good luck with any way you go. We need to keep the eg hatches from the wreckers.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Endo-land)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Endo-land &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I feel for you man. If that happened to me I would probably take it as god wanted me to buy a jdm front clip and do the RHD conversion, firewall and all. On a different thought if you can get somebody to fix that passenger side up Certifit has oem core support copys for cheap and I know there are a couple in TX. I got a new oem bumper cover for like $30. Good luck with any way you go. We need to keep the eg hatches from the wreckers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DUDE, I WAS IN THE SHOWER THINKING THE SAME THING (btw, that was the first time I've ever used all caps, ever!!!)

Wow, I need to do some research
Old 08-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That will buff right out
Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why not see what the insurance has to say about it and get a payout?

They'll probably total it - but whatever, buy-back is cheap, and it doesn't look like it'll cost that much to fix.

Though it definitely needs to see a frame shop to get those rails straightened and the core support welded on.

EDIT:
PS: Is it just the off-center angle of those photos, or is the engine not straight?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why not see what the insurance has to say about it and get a payout?
They'll probably total it - but whatever, buy-back is cheap, and it doesn't look like it'll cost that much to fix.
Though it definitely needs to see a frame shop to get those rails straightened and the core support welded on.
EDIT:
PS: Is it just the off-center angle of those photos, or is the engine not straight?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just looked at the engine, I'm pretty sure its just the pics, it looks pretty damn straight to me. Like I said before, I just have liability, there is no total or buyback, after it was my fault, I'm SOL.

I'm going to see if my stuff is straight via driving around the block tomorrow, it will be safe I promise.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:44 PM

The is a jdm front clip on ebay with the b16a, think frankenstein. Just search jdm civic clip. Or you could sell the b16 to help pay for the clip. The dash bezel is painted an ungodly rice red , nothing a little black paint wouldnt fix. Plus you could sell the front brake knuckles. It is a little high priced but it has a best offer on it. GL again.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Endo-land)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Endo-land &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The is a jdm front clip on ebay with the b16a, think frankenstein. Just search jdm civic clip. Or you could sell the b16 to help pay for the clip. The dash bezel is painted an ungodly rice red , nothing a little black paint wouldnt fix. Plus you could sell the front brake knuckles. It is a little high priced but it has a best offer on it. GL again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, listen to this guy, think "ricer..."

Nothing says "rob me" more than a turbo VTEC DOHC with a JDM front end.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Too bad you live so far away! Ive got the whole front that you are missing sitting in my garage right now, Id say $100 come get it lol! Good luck though I hope all works out well!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats no ****..hahaha gl getting this car fixed def a nice ride..
Old 08-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (91tegrals)

nvm I actually read the post. Good luck go with a new core support and see how it lines up.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (smileycvc)

I wouldn't bothering fixing it. There might be other areas where the impact may of affected or damage the frame support where you can not see...plus pulling a damage frame like that will just weaken the frame more. Don't want to see what happens next time you get into another head on collision. Instead of paying for labor and replacement parts the shop is gona charge you, just find and buy a clean shell...and transfer everything over.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (methos713)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by methos713 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Instead of paying for labor and replacement parts the shop is gona charge you, just find and buy a clean shell...and transfer everything over.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah I have thought the same thing. All the body parts are going to be $300 new (hood, fenders, radiator support, bumper). I'm thinking another possible option is to could go to a junkyard and cut part of a frame off, then come home with it and cut part of mine, then match it all up and weld the junkyard part on.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by methos713 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There might be other areas where the impact may of affected or damage the frame support where you can not see...plus pulling a damage frame like that will just weaken the frame more.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree if I drive it again and my alignment is off, however, if its not I don't think that is probable.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kuja396 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah I have thought the same thing. All the body parts are going to be $300 new (hood, fenders, radiator support, bumper). I'm thinking another possible option is to could go to a junkyard and cut part of a frame off, then come home with it and cut part of mine, then match it all up and weld the junkyard part on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not just a matter of welding a new tip back on it - if it's pushed back - it's pushed back in the rear too.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wrecked my car!! Need advice on how serious this is. (kuja396)

Damn! Good thing you're okay though. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's not just a matter of welding a new tip back on it - if it's pushed back - it's pushed back in the rear too.</TD></TR></TABLE> I hear what your saying, I'm going to check it out more closely, I definately understand there could be more damage than what I think. Thanks for the input.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h2392si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn! Good thing you're okay though. Good luck. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks a lot, I was fine, I jumped out of my car after it happened and the guys got out of thier truck and said, "you ok?" "yeah but look at my car" lol.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 AM
* B A N N E D *

ouch